• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~ºoº November 27, 2010- Western Magic! ºoº~

Congrats to all who got their palo times! For those who didn't, please know that once you get on the ship you go straight to Rockin Bar D to ask for a time or get put on a waiting list. Anytime we have done that we have gotten exactly what we wanted.

Urgh! Got on, grabbed a Palo and was booted off. Called back 20 minutes later and wastold to call back in 10 minutes.... oiy...

Ok, got a Palo dinner and a brunch for our 3 adults and was able to book the Dolphins in Cozumel at 10:45am :goodvibes

We are just so excited now! :cool1:90 days! :cool1:

Persistence paid off :banana: , got Palo dinner and brunch as well as a couple of spa treatments, (gotta have my cabana massage ya know!). The DW is happy, so I'm happy.

After some problems with the DCL website last night I was able to get a Palo dinner and brunch resi for the times we wanted :). Now I need to think about spa treatments :love:.

Does anyone have any favorites or recommendations???

Thanks,
Gailyn

After some problems with the DCL website last night I was able to get a Palo dinner and brunch resi for the times we wanted :). Now I need to think about spa treatments :love:.

Does anyone have any favorites or recommendations???

Thanks,
Gailyn

Gailyn:
Mina and I did a couple's villa on the last cruise. It was really really nice. It was a bit pricier than I would have hoped and it's hard to say it was "worth it" but it was really really a great 3 hours.

I just went back on and there are NO available ressies for high tea. I booked a brunch, but not sure if we will keep it or not. Have to discuss with DH, but figured might as well grab it for right now!

Less than 90 days...whoo hoo! :banana:

BTW...I am supposed to be cleaning the house before the kids and I go visit my grandmother (she is 96 - God Bless her!) and then pick up 2 friends for playdates. I think I am going to be crazy enough to bring all 4 kids to my parents' pool for a while. Wish me luck!

Think I'll bring my passporter with me. :goodvibes

Wow - y'all have been busy while I've been gone!! :thumbsup2 Glad to see the reservation system finally worked OK for everyone and it sounds like most of you got the reservations you were looking for. :cool1:

Interesting info on the other cruise ship being in Cozumel...but nice to know we are the only ones in Key West. :goodvibes I still have almost 2 weeks before my ressie window opens...I'm thinking it will be a nightmare as well. :scared1:

Kids went back to school last week here so the traffic has been crazy :sad2: One of the joys of commuting in and out of Houston...:headache:

The 90 day mark was a biggie....the time is going to be gone before we know it. :woohoo:

Glad to see all the Palo and spa and excursion ressies everyone made! :thumbsup2

Darcy, I :love: Palo brunch! We enjoy it so much! Have you had brunch there before?

So glad to pass that 90 day mark. that is always teh 'biggie!!!'

We will be crusing soon!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I am mostly happy with what I got at 90 days - but I must say that the DCL cruise site is one of the most frustrating experiences I have had on any web portal. Every click you make, you are terrified it will time out or boot you off and that ressie you thought you had is gone... Anyway, we got the Palo bruch when I wanted, Day 6, I also did the Mayan ruins and Discover Mexico excursion in Cozumel. I initially reserved Boatswain's in Grand Cayman, but did not like the time, nearly 6 hours. We have a 2 yo, and I thought that would be a bit much for her. Then, I asked my other DD8 (after seeing someone else on this board ask their child what they wanted to do... why didn't I think of that...) about the other excursions, and she surprised me by saying she would like to see the dolphins. So, I dropped Boatswains, signed up her and DH for the Dolphin Encounter, not a swim per se, which I am fine with as she is still a more beginning swimmer. One adult has to participate with her. I signed me and DD2 up for the Observer, and then we get about 45 minutes at Boatswain's anyway, which should be plenty. All in, it is cheaper, and only 4 hours instead of 6.

So, I have a facial on the first sea day, though I would have preferred a different time, and Alone time after we get back on board in Cozumel. I would have preferred the sea day but no good times were open for that. I will need a manicure for formal night, but didn't want to book the 45 minute one, so will book a regular one on board.

We also used 12 of our 18 hours for Flounders. Trying to see where else in the schedule it might make sense. I will try her at the show the first night, but think we might need to use Flounders at show time.

That's it. Now to FE gifts...

This is our first cruise EVER and are super excited that is on the DCL!!!! DH and I are traveling without kids......cruise is to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary (actual date is 12/9). We hope to meet some fellow disBoarder's onboard! See you in 88 days. Can't wait til September 13th when I can finally book our port adventures! Keeping my fingers crossed that we get what we want.

This is our first cruise EVER and are super excited that is on the DCL!!!! DH and I are traveling without kids......cruise is to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary (actual date is 12/9). We hope to meet some fellow disBoarder's onboard! See you in 88 days. Can't wait til September 13th when I can finally book our port adventures! Keeping my fingers crossed that we get what we want.

Welcome and happy anniversary! We have a great group here and I hope I get to meet you all on board as well.

Welcome! :yay: Congratulations on the 5th wedding anniverary :wizard: We are also celebrating our anniversary (10th on 11/24) and will be on our first ever cruise, and no kids. :)

Wow! Congrats to all celebrating anniversaries! It's our 10th too!!!

I think if I remember correctly, we're going to be a bunch of celebrating fools!! :dance3: It seemed like almost everyone had something whether it was a birthday or anniversary.

It would be nice to try and schedule a quick get-together :thumbsup2 although I know that it can be chaotic and hectic with all the excursion schedules etc.

Edited to add that I just realized that I'm up to 95 posts, which means y'all have heard a LOT from me, bcz I don't think I've hardly posted to any other threads...wow...that's a lot of peanut gallery chatter!!! :)

I think if I remember correctly, we're going to be a bunch of celebrating fools!! :dance3: It seemed like almost everyone had something whether it was a birthday or anniversary.

It would be nice to try and schedule a quick get-together :thumbsup2 although I know that it can be chaotic and hectic with all the excursion schedules etc.

Edited to add that I just realized that I'm up to 95 posts, which means y'all have heard a LOT from me, bcz I don't think I've hardly posted to any other threads...wow...that's a lot of peanut gallery chatter!!! :)

We've had luck in the past with brief meets at the Promenade Lounge - 2:30 ish. On our Med cruise, the group met at the Goofy Pool at around that same time. We'd be up for either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter