ª"˜ª¤.¸Official Team May 2014 Thread!¸.¤ª˜"ª

8 more days until we are off :cool1:. I finally went into my closet today and pulled out my clothes that I want to bring. I also ran to Target and finished buying the vanity items and of course DH said that he will need new socks and such so I bought those too. I just have a few more days of work left, umpteen loads of laundry, and start cleaning my house. Oh yeah, I have to bath the dog and clip his nails....he needs to look good for my parents :goodvibes.

I was going to do some shopping today as well. I usually get the kids new socks before we go on a long trip. I plan to buy each child new socks and undies this time, but it is raining so hard here I was looking for the Ark on the way home. We have flood warnings so once I got the kids we just came home. But of course there's laundry to be done. I have a load going now. It's one of several that will need to be done before we leave. Haven't figured out yet how not to have several loads of laundry to do before a trip.

One more day of paid work, followed by packing on Saturday, then Sunday is sleep before I am up ALL night Sunday night with the graduating seniors then it is off to the airport at 4:15 am Monday morning with DD13 for our magical Mom and Daughter trip. After a year of planning, I am 4 days from leaving!:cheer2::cool1::dancer:party:

Wow, so much excitement. I hope everyone has a wonderful trip. It is great after months and months of planning and waiting to have the trip close. The Jiminy Cricket in my ticker has hopped so far it looks like he's in Mickey's arms. :lmao:

I'm off next Wednesday for my daughter's Elementary School graduation; so, today is one of 5 shifts of work left.

I'm here about my single digit dance.

:dance3: :banana: :yay:

:cool1: :cheer2:

:dancer:

Of course there is still plenty to do before we go. :rolleyes1

This weekend will be like :laundy:

But next weekend will be party:

Well, I guess everyone is packing or at the World because it is very quiet now. I hope every one is having a wonderful time.

I started officially packing tonight-getting so excited about our trip which starts 5/30.

We arrive home today. :(

Had a great time!!! Only had one rainy day the entire trip.

Kids had a blast!

Already tentatively discussing returning next May to celebrate oldest daughter's college graduation. :)

We arrive home today. :(

Had a great time!!! Only had one rainy day the entire trip.

Kids had a blast!

Already tentatively discussing returning next May to celebrate oldest daughter's college graduation. :)

So glad the magic was with you! That is one of the great joys of life, "Planning the next vacation". I am not sure when I will return after this trip as my hubby likes to go to different places for vacations. I am seeing a Grandma and Grandchild trip in my future but not to soon as my oldest is only 17 :rotfl:

We leave in 5 days and it can't get here fast enough. My uncle, who is very dear to me, passed away early this morning. The really sad thing is he and his family are huge Disney fans and when we go, I know he is all that I will be thinking about. These last couple of weeks have been a roller coaster ride with his health which made a roller coaster ride for our emotions. I feel so bad for my aunt and cousins right now, especially his youngest son who is graduating college today. But in the end I know my uncle is in a much better place and I know he will be looking down on my family and smiling because we will be in his Happy Place too :goodvibes.

Well, it is packing time. I have to be very careful though because I haven't told the children yet and won't until the day before we leave.

First of course I have more laundry. Tonight I need to wash the summer clothes my children have already worn for them to wear this week. Of the stuff they haven't, I have everything in one spot. I have all of the stuff I bought specifically for the trip in one box now. It was 3 hiding places before. Of course there is more shopping to do as well.

I have the suitcases in a closet and I'm going to start packing after the children are in bed tonight and do a little each night until it is done. I work at home on Tuesdays so I'll also be able to get some done during my breaks and lunch. I have a list so I'll at least pack for myself and ds before I tell the children about the trip.

My daughter is 11 so while I'm going to pack her stuff, before we leave I'm going to give her time to make sure the clothes she wants are in her bag. Generally as long as we don't forget any of her trip specific clothing, she's good with whichever of her regular pieces are packed. She just needs limits. We only started taking summer vacations 4 years ago and when asked then about packing for a week at the beach, her response was "Just pack everything you got me for summer." :rotfl2:

So tomorrow I'm going to finally print the packing list I've been tweaking for months. I make one any time we go anywhere and it makes packing easier and faster.

I got an email today with the instructions on what to do once we are off the plane. Wow, next week this time we'll be in Magic Kingdom. :cloud9:

Just a few days left. I love when the word "Only" shows up beneath the ticker. :hyper:

My mission as I have chosen to accept it. Keep these toys together for our trip next week. There are a couple of things not here as my son is really attached to them and I’d never be able to tuck them away for days, but right after I took this picture to help me pack later in case he does ask for any of them, I put them away near where I’m keeping his carry-on bag. Some will go in the carry-on and others in zip lock bag in his suitcase. We’ll see. A few are purchases from our last trip that I’m taking along to avoid buying them again.

We leave in 5 days and it can't get here fast enough. My uncle, who is very dear to me, passed away early this morning. The really sad thing is he and his family are huge Disney fans and when we go, I know he is all that I will be thinking about. These last couple of weeks have been a roller coaster ride with his health which made a roller coaster ride for our emotions. I feel so bad for my aunt and cousins right now, especially his youngest son who is graduating college today. But in the end I know my uncle is in a much better place and I know he will be looking down on my family and smiling because we will be in his Happy Place too :goodvibes.

Oh dear, that's awful. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now. X

5 days to go for us. DD gets her cast off in 3 days. Keeping fingers crossed she healed up ok. 3 more shifts at work then off we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter