• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ª"˜ª¤.¸Official Team May 2014 Thread!¸.¤ª˜"ª

Now to figure out the best airfare. We usually fly out of Syracuse because JetBlue does direct from there but they have their direct flights at odd times now. Have to do some more research.

I can't believe how high airfare is for May. We haven't booked yet either.

I can't believe how high airfare is for May. We haven't booked yet either.

We haven't booked yet either. I was holding out until January. In the past, I've noticed airlines drop prices in January to coax people into spending money on airfare after the holiday money crunch. Of course, this is a gamble and I may quite literally pay for it :)

We haven't booked yet either. I was holding out until January. In the past, I've noticed airlines drop prices in January to coax people into spending money on airfare after the holiday money crunch. Of course, this is a gamble and I may quite literally pay for it :)

I will cross my fingers and legs that the prices come down in January for all of us flying.:thumbsup2

I will cross my fingers and legs that the prices come down in January for all of us flying.:thumbsup2

The talk of airfare got me to go check prices. Tickets on SWA are super cheap right now and I wouldn't have to pay for bags. I guess I'm NOT going to be waiting until January to book after all :)

I have been trying to get a May 16th res for BOG but haven't been able to. Just checked and there a several times available! Yay! :cheer2:

I just got BOG for May 7th! Yay!! There were no early times, but there was 7:15, 7:30, and 8 pm!! I am really excited! All my adrs finally fell in place!

Ooh... I just went back in and managed to snag 6:05 pm! So excited!

I have been trying to get a May 16th res for BOG but haven't been able to. Just checked and there a several times available! Yay! :cheer2:
This is why I love the dis boards. I didn't even plan or book this trip until after my six month ADR window so I had crappy times for the dinners I wanted. I only had BOG because I tried four or five times a day until I got a 9:20 ADR. Thanks to you I was not only able to get a better BOG time but able to adjust all my ADRs to the times I originally wanted. I have been trolling the reservation system trying and today success!!!!!!!!

My ADRs are:

May 10 Teppan Edo (I know it doesn't have the biggest fan following but we try one new Epcot restaurant we haven't tried per trip and it's TE's turn)
May 12 Tutto Italia
May 13 California Grill (19th anniversary)
May 14 BOG

We also booked the Wild Africa Trek for Mon the 12th

Wifey has decided she wants to spend the week with Ariel, so changed our ressie to Art of Animation :)

This is why I love the dis boards. I didn't even plan or book this trip until after my six month ADR window so I had crappy times for the dinners I wanted. I only had BOG because I tried four or five times a day until I got a 9:20 ADR. Thanks to you I was not only able to get a better BOG time but able to adjust all my ADRs to the times I originally wanted. I have been trolling the reservation system trying and today success!!!!!!!!

My ADRs are:

May 10 Teppan Edo (I know it doesn't have the biggest fan following but we try one new Epcot restaurant we haven't tried per trip and it's TE's turn)
May 12 Tutto Italia
May 13 California Grill (19th anniversary)
May 14 BOG

We also booked the Wild Africa Trek for Mon the 12th

Teppan Edo is awesome. You're going to love it!

I don't recommend Nine Dragons, Its like your basic Chinese food. The people are friendly, but the food is your typical Chinese food. I recommend Akershus, Coral Reef, or Via Napoli.

Thanks for the info will have to discuss with the group and see which one they want.

We ate at Nine Dragons on most of our trips, but the last time we ate there kind of ruined it for us. We had a reservation pretty late on in the evening (Epcot closed at 11 and I think our reservation was at 9pm) and we were greeted by a rather rude CM. We got seated and placed our orders. DH's starter came out and the server told him not to start it because mine was still being fried, his starter got a little cold by time mine came out (why he didn't wait till mine was done to bring both out I'll never know lol) by time I'd taken 3 bites of my starter the server stood with my main & asked if we were ready for it. I'd only had my starter for a few minutes so we weren't quite ready. The server huffed and took the mains away. He watched us for the whole duration of our starter and kept asking if we had finished. In the middle of our main he told us there was 'no more ordering' so we couldn't have dessert. At this point people we still being seated and continues to come in as we were on our way out. I have never had such a rushed service (they were faster then counter service ha ha). I dread to think what would have happened if we'd have picked the 10pm reservation (which there was an option for lol).

Akerhaus was lovely when we went there, I also recommend this place. Haven't tried Via Napoli or Coral Reef yet but I have heard good things.

Wifey has decided she wants to spend the week with Ariel, so changed our ressie to Art of Animation :)

Aww! She'll love it if she's a fan of Ariel! We stayed on the LM section back in September and it was awesome. I loved the theming. :thumbsup2

I think they did release additional times for restaurants. I changed my reservations and got BOG an CRT for both days at MK at 7pm.:cool1:

This is more than perfect now.

ooh add me :D

my mom and i are booked at akv for may 13 to may 19. my birthday is may 15, i'm waaay more excited than i should be about going to disney for it!

i have been obsessively checking mde to see when we can do our magic bandssss.

ooh add me :D my mom and i are booked at akv for may 13 to may 19. my birthday is may 15, i'm waaay more excited than i should be about going to disney for it! i have been obsessively checking mde to see when we can do our magic bandssss.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! My family and I will be there the same week :). I'm just as excited and I'm 34 lol

We ate at Nine Dragons on most of our trips, but the last time we ate there kind of ruined it for us. We had a reservation pretty late on in the evening (Epcot closed at 11 and I think our reservation was at 9pm) and we were greeted by a rather rude CM. We got seated and placed our orders. DH's starter came out and the server told him not to start it because mine was still being fried, his starter got a little cold by time mine came out (why he didn't wait till mine was done to bring both out I'll never know lol) by time I'd taken 3 bites of my starter the server stood with my main & asked if we were ready for it. I'd only had my starter for a few minutes so we weren't quite ready. The server huffed and took the mains away. He watched us for the whole duration of our starter and kept asking if we had finished. In the middle of our main he told us there was 'no more ordering' so we couldn't have dessert. At this point people we still being seated and continues to come in as we were on our way out. I have never had such a rushed service (they were faster then counter service ha ha). I dread to think what would have happened if we'd have picked the 10pm reservation (which there was an option for lol).

Akerhaus was lovely when we went there, I also recommend this place. Haven't tried Via Napoli or Coral Reef yet but I have heard good things.

The last time we tried Nine Dragons was 10 years ago and it had that rushed feeling with not so great a menu. I had been reading lately that the menu had changed and the service and food were much better so we thought we would give it another shot. I may just have to do some talking about trying somewhere else instead. Two of my party really wanted to give it a shot.

ooh add me :D

my mom and i are booked at akv for may 13 to may 19. my birthday is may 15, i'm waaay more excited than i should be about going to disney for it!

i have been obsessively checking mde to see when we can do our magic bandssss.

lol Added!!! Great way to enjoy your 15th bday!!pixiedust:

My magic bands just popped up on MDE! So excited to try them!

Colour choices haven't appeared yet though.

Ahhhh it's getting closerrrr!

The last time we tried Nine Dragons was 10 years ago and it had that rushed feeling with not so great a menu. I had been reading lately that the menu had changed and the service and food were much better so we thought we would give it another shot. I may just have to do some talking about trying somewhere else instead. Two of my party really wanted to give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

If some of your group really want to go, give it a shot and if you don't like it chalk it up to experience. Also you may have a good experience in there, until the time I mentioned we went every trip with no problems. We looked at the menu first and knew that it was pretty much similar to chinese restaurants back home.

Please add us to the list! We are going May 23-28; staying at AoA Cars Suite. Squeezing in one last trip before our AP's expire. After this trip, we are heading to DL for our first trip EVER to California!

I'm going to Disney World!!!! :cool1:
Just had to share with people who would be excited. :banana:
Just booked the first weekend in May at the Boardwalk Villas and got BOG for Friday night at 6:20pm. I had looked before and everything was taken, so if you want it, keep looking because times do come up! There were several available times that night where 180 days out there were NONE.
This is the best Black Friday purchase ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter