• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ª"˜ª¤.¸Official Team May 2014 Thread!¸.¤ª˜"ª

What are everyone's transportation plans?

We are flying, but only because we are getting 4 round trip tickets free with points! But we've exhausted all of our points now, so unless we accumulate a massive amount between this trip and our next (whenever that may be!) we will be driving the next trip!

9 1/2 to 10 hours, depending on traffic. We live in North Carolina.
Same here, although sometimes it takes up to 12 hours depending on how much we stop. We generally break up the trip into two days on the way down and then drive straight through on the way home.

ADRS, tours, even spa treatments now made ..... but my excitement levels have now reduced, nothing else to book just a longgggg wait until 8th May when I'm on that plane to my happy place :rolleyes:

Waiting is so hard. And wow, spa treatments. How nice!

here in the UK our day spas aren't great so whenever I visit Disney a spa treatment is always on my must do list :thumbsup2

We did massages 2 trips ago at the Grand Floridian. They were sooooooo nice. I would love to go again. Unfortunately, we cannot squeeze it into this trip and I opted for the Princess Tea party for Mommy and DD time instead of just mommy time.

I will sit over here and be jealous :)

We did massages 2 trips ago at the Grand Floridian. They were sooooooo nice. I would love to go again. Unfortunately, we cannot squeeze it into this trip and I opted for the Princess Tea party for Mommy and DD time instead of just mommy time.

I will sit over here and be jealous :)

The Princess Tea sounds lovely, I'm sure you'll have some magical memories from that :)

We are there May 10-17 @ Beach Club. Just the hubby and I for our anniversary. Boy are the kiddos miffed!

How did you pull that off lol. How old are your kids?
. We used to do adults only every year. We Disneymooned at the WL and just kept going back. When they were little all they knew was they were going to Grandmas. Once they were mobile DD 4 n DS 6 we took them n started going every other year or so. They are older now DD 12 n DS 14 so they get we need mommy daddy time. They just wish it was somewhere else. Funny thing is we are going to Hawaii for Spring Break and they get to go on that one. Disney is more romantic to me than Hawaii.

Can you add me? My family is going May 4 - 11th staying in Nemo suite at AoA. My family consists of my husband, our two kids DD(5) and DS (13 months), my parents and I. This is our first trip with the kids, and my parents' first trip.

SO this has been a trip 5 years in the making. In April 2009 my baby girl (3months old) was diagnosed with a congenial heart defect that needed to be operated on. For the next month she was in and out of the Ped. ICU. On May 14th just before her 4 month birthday she underwent open heart surgery. The chance of her surviving that surgery was very low. I whispered to her that morning that I'll see her when she wakes up and in 5 years I promise u we will go see Mickey in Florida. Well this coming may will be 5 years!!
We have all our ADRs booked and we are also celebrating my parents 35th anniversary! They canceled their 30th anniversary trip when my baby was in the hospital, so I have a few surprises up my sleeve for them.... dessert party booked as a surprise and Im ordering a specialty cake with our dinner on the 5th (anniversary day). :bitelip: Any other suggestions would be helpful. Im having a difficult time because 1. this is my first trip as an adult and Im unfamiluar with WDW. 2. I want it to be a surprise so no dressing up 3. My dad is not a diseny fan he is going just to celebrate with my dd 4. neither of them drink wine or champangne and my dad wouldn't apprciate flowers and 5. we are sharing a suite.

OMG this is so touching! You and the whole family deserve this trip and hope its the most magical experience for your DD4/5 Take lots of pics and make a log of the excitement that is going to be!!!! Added! pixiedust:

Can you add my sister and I? We will be at Beach Club Resort May 9th - 17th !!
:cheer2::cool1::beach::yay:

Also, is there a thread where people can locate a fireworks cruise vacancy? I thought there used to be one?

9 days at the Beach Club!! Thats awesome!!! As for as a thread for the fireworks, I couldn't find any. Sorry. :confused3 Added ;)

9 1/2 to 10 hours, depending on traffic. We live in North Carolina.

That's not bad. We always drive from Michigan, GPS says its 18 hours. But with rests and meals it takes up 21 hours straight. Yes straight.... hehe :drive:

May 9th-17th

Cars suite
First time for my then 3.5y son

ADRs for
Coral reef
BOG
CRT
Crystal palace
LTT
Tusker dinner
Hollywood vine breakfast
Rainforest

Your DS3 is going to LOoooooove Cars Suite. Plus first time, he's going to in awe. hehe
added :thumbsup2

Well, we ended up adding days to our May trip after we learned DD does not have school on May 16th. We are staying at CSR May 16-18 and then headed over the BCV until May 25th. We were able to make all our ADRs this weekend and even made a reservation for the kids to go to sandcastle kid club the night of our 10 year anniversary. I am a little nervous about using the child service but the kids are excited. Has anyone else ever used this service before?

Thats Awesome!!! Added the extra stay at CSR. I always wondered how leaving kids at the sandcastle kid club would be. You'll have to let me know. ::yes::

5/8 to 5/13 - maybe Pop Century?

I added you to the POP list, let me know if things change. :moped:

We are there May 10-17 @ Beach Club. Just the hubby and I for our anniversary. Boy are the kiddos miffed!

Thats awesome! Really how did you convince the kids that this was a mom/dad trip to WDW??? amazed! lol Added. :wave2:

I just read the post below lol. still amazed!

So I'm kinda annoyed that we can't book past 10 days of ADR. Our trip is 14 days total and we were only allowed to book up to 10 days. Now we have to wake up early the next 4 days to book the remaining 4 days. (lol, I sound snobby)

Here are our ADR's so far.

May 18 (sun) - Check in Port Orleans - French Quarter
Lunch- Boardwalk Bakery
Dinner- Wolfgang Puck Express

May 19 (mon)- Epcot
Lunch - Yorkshire
Dinner- Akershus Royal Banquet - 5:25pm,

May 20 (tue)- Hollywood Studios
Lunch - Backlot Tour Express
Dinner- Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano Fantasmic package - 6:00pm,

May 21 (wed)- Magic Kingdom
Lunch - Be Our Guest
Dinner - Chef Mickey's - 7:00pm

May 22 (thu)- Day Off
Breakfast- 1900 Park Fare - 10:00am
Dinner - Mara

May 23 (fri)- Animal Kingdom
Lunch - Restaurantosaurus
Dinner - Tusker House - 4:55pm

May 24 (sat)- Hollywood Studios
Lunch - Pizza Planet
Dinner - Kona Cafe - 7:50pm

May 25 (sun)- Magic Kingdom
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (Castle) - 8:05am
Lunch - Pinocchio Village Haus
Dinner- Cinderella's Royal Table - 5:15pm
Wishes Dessert Party - 9:00pm

May 26 (mon)- Day Off
Dinner - Cape May - 6:45pm

May 27 (tue)- Day Off
Breakfast - 'Ohana - 9:30am (Pay out of pocket)

May 28 (wed)- Epcot
Lunch - Boulangerie Patisserie
Dinner- Coral Reef - 6:15pm

May 29 (thu)- Animal Kingdom/ Magic Kingdom
Lunch - Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner - 1900 Park Fare

May 30 (fri)- Hollywood Studios
Lunch - Studio Catering Co.
Dinner - Ohana

May 31 (sat)- Magic Kingdom
Lunch- Be Our Guest
Dinner - Be Our Guest

June 1 (sun)- Check out
Lunch- Earl of Sandwich

That's the plan. ;)

So I'm kinda annoyed that we can't book past 10 days of ADR. Our trip is 14 days total and we were only allowed to book up to 10 days. Now we have to wake up early the next 4 days to book the remaining 4 days. (lol, I sound snobby)

Not at all. I live on the west coast and the idea of getting up 2 days by 4am just to make reservations makes me cringe.

May 25 (sun)- Magic Kingdom
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (Castle) - 8:05am
Lunch - Pinocchio Village Haus
Dinner- Cinderella's Royal Table - 5:15pm
Wishes Dessert Party - 9:00pm

What a MAGICAL day. I'm still trying to decide if/when we are going to do the Wishes Dessert Party for our upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter