• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

• • The Official September 2014 Thread • •

Well we leave in 9 days so I have one up on ya. ;) honestly most of it I already had in a tote bag, I just stuck it in my suitcase and grabbed a few other items!

I always end up packing last minute even though I tell myself that I'm going to do it early! We drive, so we leave around like 10pm at night and I'm always getting everything together that day.

Disney somehow does a really excellent job on bug control. I didn't see a single mosquito last September.

We go every September and have never got bit by a mosquito either. I don't even pack bug spray. Now those pesky love bugs......another story, uhhhhhh. Wish they could figure out how to extinguish those.

We go every September and have never got bit by a mosquito either. I don't even pack bug spray. Now those pesky love bugs......another story, uhhhhhh. Wish they could figure out how to extinguish those.

What are love bugs?

Just chiming in to add that I too have never been bothered by Mosquitos!

I'm worried about the love bugs. I don't want to start my morning off with anxiety trying to get past them.

22 more days. Can't wait we are doing MNSSH party that Sunday and gotta hit up Shades of Green for our tickets still.

Well seeing as I work 6 days a week, I have 8 more working days (including today) everything is all lined up I think our magic bands should be shipping to the resort any day now. Planning this trip from February has taken way too long haha. So excited to be able to say tomorrow that we are going to Disney World next week! Such a crazy thought!

What are love bugs?

They are pesky black bugs that resemble lightning bugs that are stuck together, they are almost always in twos, that's why they are called love bugs. They swarm in late summer bad. Last year we had piles of them dead by our door every day when we left our room. They don't bite, but land on you sending my dd into a panic. They are just annoying.

They are pesky black bugs that resemble lightning bugs that are stuck together, they are almost always in twos, that's why they are called love bugs. They swarm in late summer bad. Last year we had piles of them dead by our door every day when we left our room. They don't bite, but land on you sending my dd into a panic. They are just annoying.

I went last September 7-14th and didn't notice a ton of them. :confused3 I definitely saw some, just not hoards!

Quite excited!! We check in at pop 2 wks from today!!! Packing little by little (started 2 wks ago). Hope everyone has a great trip!

Crap. DD is scared of flies, big bugs are going to push her over the edge. There will be tears people, there will be tears.

Crap. DD is scared of flies, big bugs are going to push her over the edge. There will be tears people, there will be tears.

Same thing for both of my DD's! Sometimes the refused to play outside because the "bugs are to bad" and we live in the Northeast so our outside days are always numbered!!! I hope these "love bugs" aren't that bad in 8 days!:crazy2:

Last September the love bugs were annoying me too. The annoying part is they just land anywhere. On you, the stroller, etc. My kids didn't notice them much but I sure was trying to dodge them. I especially remember them at Magic Kingdom.

I have a slight advantage here, I grew up just 5 hours north of Orlando, the lovebugs are just as thick here. They don't bother me in the slightest... I think they're kinda cute! :cutie:

21 days, just THREE WEEKS, until my journey begins, and 22 days until I check-in at Pop Century! :banana::banana::banana:

Last September the love bugs were annoying me too. The annoying part is they just land anywhere. On you, the stroller, etc. My kids didn't notice them much but I sure was trying to dodge them. I especially remember them at Magic Kingdom.

OH MY GOSH!!!! I'll be the one in tears! I can't. ON ME?!?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter