• • The Official September 2014 Thread • •

Alright, officially at 60 days! Made our FP+ reservations and then realized I can check in online too so I did that and made room requests (50's building, near transportation, top level, corner room)! Now I just need to pay the rest of the package, figure out how to get a BOG FP+ lunch reservation, and then buy returning flights!

etzmn123 said:
I suggested Monsters Inc, but apparently he's not a fan :( we also considered Nemo and Dory and Pocahontas and John Smith since I currently have super long dark hair.

Awww boo. My husband loves it fortunately. More than me!!!! I hope you two decide on something you love. Have so much fun

My husband won't dress up, but I found a creepy Cheshire Cat tshirt he agreed to. Dd will be the queen of hearts, and it will be either the mad hatter or white rabbit. We're going on Sunday the 28th

Today was the day I could make my fastpass+ selections. Couldn't get Elsa and Anna and 7DMT for the whole week of my vacation. I'm so upset about this. Is anybody else having problems reserving a fastpass for the two attractions?

Oh no, that's my fear with a group of 7:scared1: we make ours in less than 2 weeks.

Today was the day I could make my fastpass+ selections. Couldn't get Elsa and Anna and 7DMT for the whole week of my vacation. I'm so upset about this. Is anybody else having problems reserving a fastpass for the two attractions?
I made mine at 12:00am today and I had no issues getting mine train, but I only saw one day for Anna and Elsa. It said something like "standby available". Surely at midnight people hadn't snatched all the FP+'s up yet, I'm wondering if it was a system error.

I made mine at 12:00am today and I had no issues getting mine train, but I only saw one day for Anna and Elsa. It said something like "standby available". Surely at midnight people hadn't snatched all the FP+'s up yet, I'm wondering if it was a system error.

I called Disney last night and they added the Fastpass for both attractions for me. Awesome. Also it was only letting me book fastpass for 5 people not 6. Strange bc I got to pick out magic bands for all 6. Everything is fixed now. I had problems with MDE since day one. Even when it was my ADR day I had to call bc I couldn't book them at 180+10 through MDE.

Alright, officially at 60 days! Made our FP+ reservations and then realized I can check in online too so I did that and made room requests (50's building, near transportation, top level, corner room)! Now I just need to pay the rest of the package, figure out how to get a BOG FP+ lunch reservation, and then buy returning flights!
Say what?!?!? You can request rooms??? Wow! We are staying at Pop too. What do you recommend? About 20 more days until I can reserve. How do you do BOG FP+? Is that a QS credit too??

I called Disney last night and they added the Fastpass for both attractions for me. Awesome. Also it was only letting me book fastpass for 5 people not 6. Strange bc I got to pick out magic bands for all 6. Everything is fixed now. I had problems with MDE since day one. Even when it was my ADR day I had to call bc I couldn't book them at 180+10 through MDE.

Very strange! I never had issues last year and I haven't this year so here's hoping we don't and you don't have any more!

Say what?!?!? You can request rooms??? Wow! We are staying at Pop too. What do you recommend? About 20 more days until I can reserve. How do you do BOG FP+? Is that a QS credit too??

When you check in online you can make 2 requests. There's a glitch that lets you go back and edit it and add more, which is what I did. (turns out I just requested near transportation, top floor, 50's section) I also did that last year and got the area I wanted. I highly recommend looking at the map and seeing what you'll want to be near. If you don't mind walking more than a few minutes the 50's building 2 with a lake view was really nice. I've developed a bit of a bum hip though and I have bad knees so I requested 50's near transportation for a little less of a walk.

For the BOG FP+ it's for lunch and you have to go here to reserve it. I recommend checking out this thread for more information and any questions. It's kind of confusing. It is a QS dining credit though. I was able to do it last year when it was first available and it was really neat!

Oh no, that's my fear with a group of 7:scared1: we make ours in less than 2 weeks.

Our 60 days was this past Tuesday. I called at 12:00 Eastern and was one of the unlucky ones who couldn't do anything until 1:00 Eastern. :confused3

Anyway, we have a party of 7 too. We're going to Magic Kingdom on the 1st and 5th days of our trip. I decided to not even bother trying for A&E or 7DMT for the 1st day and immediately went to day 5 to start making FP+s. We were able to get 7 FP+s for both attractions with no problem, many times available. I was amazed. From all the stories I've heard I thought I'd have to get only 1 or 2 for A&E but it worked beautifully.

I did notice after I finished with day 5, when I went back to day 1 to start those FP+s, that A&E was already standby only. And it was only a few minutes in.

Good luck with yours!

Our 60 days was this past Tuesday. I called at 12:00 Eastern and was one of the unlucky ones who couldn't do anything until 1:00 Eastern. :confused3

Anyway, we have a party of 7 too. We're going to Magic Kingdom on the 1st and 5th days of our trip. I decided to not even bother trying for A&E or 7DMT for the 1st day and immediately went to day 5 to start making FP+s. We were able to get 7 FP+s for both attractions with no problem, many times available. I was amazed. From all the stories I've heard I thought I'd have to get only 1 or 2 for A&E but it worked beautifully.

I did notice after I finished with day 5, when I went back to day 1 to start those FP+s, that A&E was already standby only. And it was only a few minutes in.

Good luck with yours!

I warned my girls this morning that we might not get to see Anna and Elsa this year at Disney, I am not going to stress over seeing them if we get a fastpass great of not I will check wait times and try rope drop. If none of those happen (or times are too long) then oh well :). We will be back in Dec and staying onsite (a surprise trip for the kids) so we will see them then when I can book 60 days out instead of 30. :woohoo:

We were able to get 7 FP+s for both attractions with no problem, many times available. I was amazed. From all the stories I've heard I thought I'd have to get only 1 or 2 for A&E but it worked beautifully.

Good luck with yours!

That's great! I'm planning our first trip, group of 6 + GPs staying at a different resort/joining us for ADRs. Our FP+ window just opened up Wednesday, and we will only be there a total of 5 days, there was really only one day (our 3rd) where I can try to fit A&E. There was nothing for 6 people at midnight on sign up day- had to individually add them, and right now our party will have to go 3 and 3 separately, with the second half missing out on the parade, unless I can switch the times around. :surfweb: <- immabe seeing a lot of this in my future...

Was able to make mine at 12:00 on the dot last night. I got an Anna & Elsa for all four of us on the 12th. I checked all the way through the 15th (just to satisfy my curiosity) & we could have booked them any of those days as well. I was over the moon. I knew it was a real possibility that I wasn't going to get one.

One trick I read was that if you have a large party, try to schedule them individually, because sometimes that makes a difference in what's available. Some people have been able to find overlapping ones that way.

That's great! I'm planning our first trip, group of 6 + GPs staying at a different resort/joining us for ADRs. Our FP+ window just opened up Wednesday, and we will only be there a total of 5 days, there was really only one day (our 3rd) where I can try to fit A&E. There was nothing for 6 people at midnight on sign up day- had to individually add them, and right now our party will have to go 3 and 3 separately, with the second half missing out on the parade, unless I can switch the times around. :surfweb: <- immabe seeing a lot of this in my future...

Darkwing...I feel you. I'm gonna be stalking the fastpass screen until we probably are loading the car to leave. Just to see if I can get one on the day I originally wanted. Such a first world problem......

This is all new to me, so to get choice times for fp+ I need to log onto MDE at midnight?!?!? All this advance planning is killing me:-/ not really knowing disney- first time AND traveling w/ a toddler not sure how our day will be is stressing this mama out! I like to plan, but who knows if we will need to recharge our batteries at the resort and come back later. I did convince my 8 yr. old boy if he would like to see A and E w/ me...But really not sure if I will use a fp+ on that. And not even bother with it...I'm outnumbered in the girl category :-(

When you check in online you can make 2 requests. There's a glitch that lets you go back and edit it and add more, which is what I did. (turns out I just requested near transportation, top floor, 50's section) I also did that last year and got the area I wanted. I highly recommend looking at the map and seeing what you'll want to be near. If you don't mind walking more than a few minutes the 50's building 2 with a lake view was really nice. I've developed a bit of a bum hip though and I have bad knees so I requested 50's near transportation for a little less of a walk. For the BOG FP+ it's for lunch and you have to go here to reserve it. I recommend checking out this thread for more information and any questions. It's kind of confusing. It is a QS dining credit though. I was able to do it last year when it was first available and it was really neat!

Thanks! I'm a newbie to disney and I learn something new everyday!!! Excited

This is all new to me, so to get choice times for fp+ I need to log onto MDE at midnight?!?!? All this advance planning is killing me:-/ not really knowing disney- first time AND traveling w/ a toddler not sure how our day will be is stressing this mama out! I like to plan, but who knows if we will need to recharge our batteries at the resort and come back later. I did convince my 8 yr. old boy if he would like to see A and E w/ me...But really not sure if I will use a fp+ on that. And not even bother with it...I'm outnumbered in the girl category :-(

Oh no absolutely not! I was just already awake so I went ahead and did it. I really just wanted to secure a FP+ for Soarin', Toy Story, Peter Pan, and 7D Mine Train because they'll have long lines. With the exception of 7D Mine Train the other rides have lousy capacity so the lines for those are always long. Of course other priorities are going to be Anna and Elsa etc but remember you can always still see characters in Parades! When you go to choose your FP+ options you have multiple options for times and you don't have to show up to them so if you wanted to take a break you can. In fact a lot of people recommend taking a mid day break!

Take a look at Easywdw for some hints and tips and maybe it'll put your mind at ease a bit.

Surprising the girls by flying out to WDW this September.

We have been to WDW 5 times and each time we drove from MI to FL. This time however we decided to fly. The girls done even know were going. So the idea goes to wake them up early and go out to eat for breakfast. Then head over to the airport and tell them that we are flying to Disney world! I think they'll be excited. I'm excited about the travel time being 2.5 hrs compared to 21 hrs. :):):)

Anyways were going back to POFQ from 9/20-9/28.

Food and Wine here we come!!!

Surprising the girls by flying out to WDW this September. We have been to WDW 5 times and each time we drove from MI to FL. This time however we decided to fly. The girls done even know were going. So the idea goes to wake them up early and go out to eat for breakfast. Then head over to the airport and tell them that we are flying to Disney world! I think they'll be excited. I'm excited about the travel time being 2.5 hrs compared to 21 hrs. :):):) Anyways were going back to POFQ from 9/20-9/28. Food and Wine here we come!!!

The one thing I've always wondered about surprise trips, how do they get packed?

The one thing I've always wondered about surprise trips, how do they get packed?

I think a lot of the time people will get the kids out of the house to snatch a few things or do it while they're at school etc. I've read of parents buying a lot of new clothes for the trips i.e. character shirts etc. I think you can only get away with that until they're a certain age though!

I really hope Disney fixes whatever is up with their website today, I was looking forward to making my FP+ Reservations tonight :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter