• • The Official September 2014 Thread • •

We are going September 19-22 for my moms birthday,s he thinks we are staying at All Star but we are ending up staying at her dream hotel Wilderness Lodge. Going to MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival to see the concert. Just a nice relaxing weekend for us at the hotel.

Hi! newbie to this thread here!

My fiance (oh man it's weird to type that, we just got engaged on the 4th) and I will be at WDW Sept 23-Oct 1. Well, our first day in the parks will really be the 24th because we'll be checking in late on the 23rd after spending two days at Universal, and 3 days visiting friends in Tampa before that.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs and are most excited about MNSSHP and F&W. We came two years ago in September and stayed offsite, I was traveling for work and he came along. We did MNSSHP and looooved it so we are super excited to be coming back during September. We've never been to F&W before, but we love food and we love wine, so it should be awesome!

whoo hoo made my FP+ last night even got anna and elsa! for our vary last day. So happy now to finish all my sewing projects.

Good for you getting your FP+ and especially Elsa and Anna! What projects are you working on? Are they for your trip? If so, please post pics of them when they are finished. We'd love to see what you're up to!

We are going September 19-22 for my moms birthday,s he thinks we are staying at All Star but we are ending up staying at her dream hotel Wilderness Lodge. Going to MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival to see the concert. Just a nice relaxing weekend for us at the hotel.

Oooooh, what a great surprise for your Mom! We love Wilderness Lodge! Sounds like a lot of fun planned.

My fiance (oh man it's weird to type that, we just got engaged on the 4th) and I will be at WDW Sept 23-Oct 1. Well, our first day in the parks will really be the 24th because we'll be checking in late on the 23rd after spending two days at Universal, and 3 days visiting friends in Tampa before that.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs and are most excited about MNSSHP and F&W. We came two years ago in September and stayed offsite, I was traveling for work and he came along. We did MNSSHP and looooved it so we are super excited to be coming back during September. We've never been to F&W before, but we love food and we love wine, so it should be awesome!

First of all…CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Great way to set off your very own fireworks! Have you set a wedding date yet?

And a 10 day trip…awesome! You'll love Food and Wine. It gets a bit crowded, especially the weekends and toward the last days, but it's a lot of fun.

Best of luck to you both!!

It's been a year and 1/2 since our last Disney vacay--and this time it is just the girls (well my nephew is also going)--no hubbies!! My sis and I had a day trip to MK last March and had a blast--so we are looking so forward to this trip in September! We are staying in the Cars section of AoA and we will be there Sept. 23-28th. Can't Wait--oh also the kids don't know so we are going to surprise them on the 1st day of school--somehow!!!!

Has anyone done Blizzard Beach in late sept/early oct. And is it possible to do a half day at Epcot and leave after lunch to squeeze in BB?? Wishful thinking? I know it closes at 5pm. This is our first trip (8,5,2 boys) 9 nights w/ 8 park days. I want to see if it's worth spending the extra $$$ for the park hopper/water parks and more. We could also have a full day at BB on our last day. But, is trying to squeeze all this in too much?!?!? Help me out seasoned disney vacationers ;-) TIA

First of all…CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Great way to set off your very own fireworks! Have you set a wedding date yet?

And a 10 day trip…awesome! You'll love Food and Wine. It gets a bit crowded, especially the weekends and toward the last days, but it's a lot of fun.

Best of luck to you both!!

thank you!! no date set yet, we've been together for nearly 7 years, so clearly we're not in too big of a rush :rolleyes: I'm sure we'll just do something small and low-key, that's more our style than a big fancy event.

we are super excited about our trip! I keep rearranging ADRs and am trying to finalize which days we'll be in which parks before its time for fast passes (he pretty much just lets me do all the planning, with a few requests :thumbsup2). I know we're going to avoid EPCOT on the weekend but should have plenty of time for F&W the other days. I decided to go with park hopper tickets this time so that hopefully we can hop over to EP a few times for F&W even if we aren't spending the entire day there.

Congratulations!!

Question for those who have made their FP selections, since our window opens next Tuesday - are you able to make them for your whole stay, or do you need to do day by day?

Hope everyone's plans are going great! I am at a loss for what to do now. We made all our final payments, bought tickets, made dining reservations, made our FP+ selections. As much as I don't want to wish summer away, I am ready for September to be here!!!

Has anyone figured out what they are doing for MNSSHP costumes yet? We are still debating!! It will just be my husband and I. Trying to think of a cute and creative couples costume.

Today was the day I could make my fastpass+ selections. Couldn't get Elsa and Anna and 7DMT for the whole week of my vacation. I'm so upset about this. Is anybody else having problems reserving a fastpass for the two attractions?

Has anyone done Blizzard Beach in late sept/early oct. And is it possible to do a half day at Epcot and leave after lunch to squeeze in BB?? Wishful thinking? I know it closes at 5pm. This is our first trip (8,5,2 boys) 9 nights w/ 8 park days. I want to see if it's worth spending the extra $$$ for the park hopper/water parks and more. We could also have a full day at BB on our last day. But, is trying to squeeze all this in too much?!?!? Help me out seasoned disney vacationers ;-) TIA

Congratulations on your first trip! Here's what I would do. We have gone for the same time frame as you. I tell you, half way through the week we are dog tired and find ourselves plopping by the pool for the day and then heading to Epcot at night. For our upcoming trip we purchased park hopper and water parks upgrade. I would definitely get the park hopper -- that's a no brainer for the length of time you are going. I would plan on going to BB after breakfast and just plan for that for most of the day. Then you can hit one of the parks during the late afternoon/ night.

We are staying at CSR too and its the first Disney trip for my kids and hubby. My daughter is 3 too and celebrating her 4th birthday at Akershus the day before we come home! I can't wait, she's going to be so excited. My 10 year old son is sort of "too cool" to be super excited so I can't wait to see the look on his face when we get there...he won't be able to keep up the too cool act.

Yay for September!! :banana:

We're staying at CSR. We stayed there last year and loved it. Granted we are park addicts and didn't spend much time at our resort but there was one day when we were just pooped! We ended up staying by the CSR pool all day. They have the best pool as far as moderates are concerned I think.

:hourglassWe're not going until Nov but I had to lurk here and drink in all of this thread's excitement!

I just read that the Walt Disney Railroad will be closed from Sept 28-Nov 9. Boo. I love riding the train, another way to relax throughout the day. Oh well. I'm just wondering what they will do for rope drop.

Yay, a first trip! You are gonna have a blast! I ALWAYS go with the Water Parks+more/Park Hopper option, always. To me, it's worth spending the extra money so you aren't so "tied down" on your vacation and have the ability to "move around" a bit more. For me, the water parks are always a early morning/afternoon thing. Sure, there have been occasions where I've been in the water parks from open to close, but it's rare. I would hit the water parks at rope drop and get a prime spot to park yourself for the day. After about lunchtime, maybe 1 or 2? (if you've had your water park fill, of course!) head back to your resort, get showered up, relax a bit and then head to a park in the evening. I always prefer Epcot, since it's a bit more relaxed. Or Hollywood Studios is another fav evening park!

HAVE FUN!!! :cool1:

It's been a year and 1/2 since our last Disney vacay--and this time it is just the girls (well my nephew is also going)--no hubbies!! My sis and I had a day trip to MK last March and had a blast--so we are looking so forward to this trip in September! We are staying in the Cars section of AoA and we will be there Sept. 23-28th. Can't Wait--oh also the kids don't know so we are going to surprise them on the 1st day of school--somehow!!!!

Welcome! Sounds like a fun trip!! And to surprise the kids is awesome! How old are they? Are you doing MNSSHP?

Since this is your first trip, it will be hard not to try to do everything, which is not possible. With the age range of your little ones, it may be hard on the 2 year old to keep up without a nap or some down time. Do you have park hoppers? I think park hoppers are more important than water parks for a first visit. The pools at the resorts are all pretty nice and that fulfills the kids desire to have fun in the water. Can you tell us a bit more about your plans? For instance, hitting a park in the morning and staying through the early afternoon then going back to the resort to rest/swim, then going back to a park is a pretty good plan. Our 5 year old granddaughter took a nap every day and she hadn't been napping for a couple of years. It just really takes a lot out of you between all the excitement, the heat and the amount of walking being done.

Having said all that….

You can for sure do a half day at Epcot and then a water park. My DH and DS went a couple hours before closing (in October) and had the place to themselves practically. Are you driving or taking Disney buses? It will take a while to get from Epcot to Blizzard Beach using the bus system. But we usually go in the morning when it opens and leave just after lunch around 1 or 2. If you are only going to the water park once, you might want to just pay the admission that day. It's $53 for a day at the gate and $63.90 to add WP & M to your ticket (per person). If you go twice, of course it's better to add it to your tickets now.

Also, I wouldn't do it on your last day. You may find it nice to break up the trip in the middle to have a more relaxing day at the water parks, then leave after lunch and enjoy a park later in the day when it's cooler.

Hope this helps. Didn't mean to write so much. :scared1:

thank you!! no date set yet, we've been together for nearly 7 years, so clearly we're not in too big of a rush :rolleyes: I'm sure we'll just do something small and low-key, that's more our style than a big fancy event.

we are super excited about our trip! I keep rearranging ADRs and am trying to finalize which days we'll be in which parks before its time for fast passes (he pretty much just lets me do all the planning, with a few requests :thumbsup2). I know we're going to avoid EPCOT on the weekend but should have plenty of time for F&W the other days. I decided to go with park hopper tickets this time so that hopefully we can hop over to EP a few times for F&W even if we aren't spending the entire day there.

Great plan with the park hoppers! That is exactly the way to get the most out of F&W. And a very wise man who lets you do all the planning! My DH does the same thing and is grateful he doesn't have to do it!:rotfl: Good luck getting your ADRs arranged to your satisfaction and I hope you get what you want with your FP+

Congratulations!!

Question for those who have made their FP selections, since our window opens next Tuesday - are you able to make them for your whole stay, or do you need to do day by day?

When we did it in February this year, we were able to do the entire stay at once. I don't think they've changed that since then. Anyone else know for sure?

Hope everyone's plans are going great! I am at a loss for what to do now. We made all our final payments, bought tickets, made dining reservations, made our FP+ selections. As much as I don't want to wish summer away, I am ready for September to be here!!!

Has anyone figured out what they are doing for MNSSHP costumes yet? We are still debating!! It will just be my husband and I. Trying to think of a cute and creative couples costume.

That is my biggest debate also…costumes. It will be so hot, I don't want anything really elaborate, but I want people to know we dressed for the occasion. Last time I just did t-shirts with the haunted mansion on them, so I may do something similar this time as well. I was thinking Mickey Mouse Club shirts and wear ears. My biggest interest is in being comfortable! But I do really love to see all the creative costumes people come up with! As a couple, you could do Thing One and Thing Two or Tweedle Dee and Tweddle Dum, bride and groom? Good luck! If I come up with something for us, I'll post it.

Today was the day I could make my fastpass+ selections. Couldn't get Elsa and Anna and 7DMT for the whole week of my vacation. I'm so upset about this. Is anybody else having problems reserving a fastpass for the two attractions?

Wow! That's crazy! Sorry to hear that. But you can always change them up and maybe get lucky. I changed mine several times before our trip in February and then while in the parks and also for a couple days ahead. Not sure it would work for those two attractions, but it doesn't hurt to try. People change their choices all the time, so anything can happen. Good luck!

Hope everyone's plans are going great! I am at a loss for what to do now. We made all our final payments, bought tickets, made dining reservations, made our FP+ selections. As much as I don't want to wish summer away, I am ready for September to be here!!! Has anyone figured out what they are doing for MNSSHP costumes yet? We are still debating!! It will just be my husband and I. Trying to think of a cute and creative couples costume.

It's just going to be two of us too, no kids, and we've had the hardest time thinking of costumes that won't be too hot! We want to do something somewhat Disney related but not princessy so I think we've decided on Newsies. Should be easy, comfortable, and cool and it's one of my favorite musicals!

It's just going to be two of us too, no kids, and we've had the hardest time thinking of costumes that won't be too hot! We want to do something somewhat Disney related but not princessy so I think we've decided on Newsies. Should be easy, comfortable, and cool and it's one of my favorite musicals!

Sounds like a great idea! I think we were going to think of a comfortable and creative way to dress like sully and mike wazowski. My husband loves monsters inc. Then I also thought maybe boo and mike or boo and sully. Could easily wear her outfit and be comfy or for mike and sully do all green and all blue with a decorated shirt! Time to start thinking!

Disneychic2- we would add it to our package as WP and more. If I thought about it sooner, I would have planned it in the middle:-( we already have our ADRs and it's really hard to find places this late and move things around :-( I know I would be pushing it. We are driving so we would have our own car. Eek, so many choices. We just need to stay a whole month :-) thanks for your input

Yay, a first trip! You are gonna have a blast! I ALWAYS go with the Water Parks+more/Park Hopper option, always. To me, it's worth spending the extra money so you aren't so "tied down" on your vacation and have the ability to "move around" a bit more. For me, the water parks are always a early morning/afternoon thing. Sure, there have been occasions where I've been in the water parks from open to close, but it's rare. I would hit the water parks at rope drop and get a prime spot to park yourself for the day. After about lunchtime, maybe 1 or 2? (if you've had your water park fill, of course!) head back to your resort, get showered up, relax a bit and then head to a park in the evening. I always prefer Epcot, since it's a bit more relaxed. Or Hollywood Studios is another fav evening park! HAVE FUN!!! :cool1:

79 days to go! My wife and daughters' (6 year old, 15 month old) first trip. My first since I was 4 in 1973. It will be a surprise birthday visit for our 6 year old. Since I booked the trip a few weeks ago, I have been unable to stay away from any and all Disney related websites. We will be at the Movies resort from Sep. 25th thru Sep. 30th. :woohoo:

Sounds like a great idea! I think we were going to think of a comfortable and creative way to dress like sully and mike wazowski. My husband loves monsters inc. Then I also thought maybe boo and mike or boo and sully. Could easily wear her outfit and be comfy or for mike and sully do all green and all blue with a decorated shirt! Time to start thinking!

I suggested Monsters Inc, but apparently he's not a fan :( we also considered Nemo and Dory and Pocahontas and John Smith since I currently have super long dark hair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter