• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

• • The Official September 2014 Thread • •

Not sure if I can be added as well. My dates are 9/10-9/23 staying at CSR until the 20th and then switching to AKL for the last 3 nights. We're doing MNSSHP on 9/16 and also sneaking in F&W at the end of our trip! So exciting!!!

Going 9/24-9/30 and staying at All Star Music. First Food and Wine Festival, and I'm super excited!! :banana:

Can anyone offer any insights to being at Epcot during the Food and Wine festival? I've read reviews about how it's great for food & drink options, but I would just like some more info. My kids will be 9 & 11 and I am curious about the crowds and everything. We will be there sept 23-28, so pretty early on in the festival. Thank you!!!

Can anyone offer any insights to being at Epcot during the Food and Wine festival? I've read reviews about how it's great for food & drink options, but I would just like some more info. My kids will be 9 & 11 and I am curious about the crowds and everything. We will be there sept 23-28, so pretty early on in the festival. Thank you!!!

We were there in early October last year. I felt like Epcot as a whole wasn't so bad, but WS was CRAZY busy.

Not sure what it's like early on during F&W, but I was there for the end of it in 2012, and it was really busy. It could have just been that we picked a really busy time of year to go (last few days of October and into the first week and a half of November) because all parks were busy then. It was so busy during our last night there (which also happened to be the last weekend night of the festival), that when we left the park to see the Osbourne Lights by way of international gateway, there was literally a sea of people between the UK and Canada pavilions :scared: I'm talking, shoulder-to-shoulder mass of slow-moving people. :crowded: That crowd was worse than any other I've experienced, and I've been to the MK on Christmas Day and also survived a bottle-neck of people trying to get around the MSEP in the area between Frontierland and Liberty Square near the Liberty Belle :crazy2:

I have a feeling that earlier on in the festival won't be as crazy though. :thumbsup2

I haven't personally been to the festival yet (going almost the same time as you, 9/20-9/27) but have read tips on here that if you want to avoid the big crowds go to EPCOT during the week, and visit WS in the daytime. Weekends at F&W can get crowded with locals and there are more likely to be drunk people walking around at night.

We went on a Friday night several years ago, after work, the lines for the rides were so short I got excited and rode all night. My husband still complains we went for food, not lines. I would also recommend going during the week, during the day. We also went two years ago and only during the day time and it wasn't bad.

We will be there the same time, so looking forward to Rick Springfield!!!! Have a great trip.

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm planning on going 9/18 (I heard they do a soft opening the day before) and 9/22 which is the Monday, and maybe a little bit during the weekend but I'm scared of the lines that first weekend. :)

Hey September buddies! Has anyone started a Facebook group yet for September? Can someone give me the link if they have?

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm planning on going 9/18 (I heard they do a soft opening the day before) and 9/22 which is the Monday, and maybe a little bit during the weekend but I'm scared of the lines that first weekend. :)
We'll be in Epcot on 9/22 as well. :) We have an early breakfast ADR at Akershus, will do rides in Future World until WS opens at 11, then head to WS to eat around the world for lunch.

Thank you for the very helpful insight on the Food & Wine festival. I had no idea what to expect and now I feel more comfortable with things.

As it stands I think we will be going to EPCOT on Thurs Sept 25th. I keep looking at our trip wondering if I've made the "right" decisions about what days to be in each park, ADR's, etc. I know we will have a great trip regardless, but I still can't stop over analyzing things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter