“Les poissons, les poissons!” A vegetarian and a carnivore EAT! *30/4 COMPLETE!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great updates :goodvibes

We LOVE the Margarita bar outside Jimmy Buffet's and have spent many a happy hour (or two) sitting in the sunshine there :cloud9:

They make a great Margarita that's for sure :thumbsup2

I'm planning a surprise birthday trip with my girlfriends. Your reviews are so helpful....keep em coming pleassssssss :goodvibes

Really enjoying your reviews. We're going to Universal for 3 days before heading to DW, so I'm glad you included your time there.......More please!!! :)

Great updates :goodvibes

We LOVE the Margarita bar outside Jimmy Buffet's and have spent many a happy hour (or two) sitting in the sunshine there :cloud9:

They make a great Margarita that's for sure :thumbsup2

They do indeed! Fabulous way to spend an hour or two :)

I'm planning a surprise birthday trip with my girlfriends. Your reviews are so helpful....keep em coming pleassssssss :goodvibes

Aww thank you, glad I could help! More reviews are on the way hehe :rotfl:

:lovestruc LOVING your dining report!! Keep 'em coming!!

Thank you! :)

Really enjoying your reviews. We're going to Universal for 3 days before heading to DW, so I'm glad you included your time there.......More please!!! :)

Thank you, wasn't sure if people would want to see them but turns out they do so I'm really glad I decided to included them :)

Cuba Libre Dinner

Now, as you can probably tell from the title of this post we didn’t get to go to Bob Marleys yet again!! But I’ll get on to that…

We spent the afternoon doing rides and taking photos in WWOHP. At about 6pm the parks closed and it’d been at least 2 hours since we last had alcohol so we headed for some pre-dinner drinks. We wanted to go to Margaritaville but stuck our heads round the door and it was HEAVING so we decided to go to Latin Quarter instead as it looked nice and Ben had seen they had Happy Hour online. We went inside and it was really nice, the podium girls asked if we wanted a table but we said just drinks so they directed us to the bar. We sat on the high stools and checked out the menu.

P1000738.jpg

P1000740.jpg

The Happy Hour menu was just wine and beer and we didn’t really feel like either so Ben got a mojito and I got, yep you guessed it, a fruity number!!

We took our drinks outside cause it was a bit dark and dingy by the bar and we wanted to watch the world go by! We got a couple of nice high stools on a bar that faced out onto Citywalk. We immediately saw that there was another huge convention going on in the restaurant next to Latin Quarter and it was all blocked off….uh ohh. Ben then quickly realised that Taste of Freedom was ONCE AGAIN cordoned off!!! Grrrr!!! We could see that the fence went aaaallll the way around those restaurants and that they wouldn’t be leaving anytime soon as they were obviously all just coming in from the parks and they were applauding and cheering everytime new people came in.

We toyed with the idea of asking when the convention would be over but it was only 6pm then and we were pretty peckish and we estimated it would be at least 8/8.30 til they were all cleared up and ready for new customers. Laaaaame. So we had a little pow-wow over our drinks to discuss our options. There was nowhere else in Citywalk we had our hearts set but there were loads more places we wanted to try on I-Drive so we decided to head back home and go to Cuba Libre in Pointe Orlando.

P1000744.jpg

P1000745.jpg

We got a taxi back to Citywalk and headed on in to Cuba Libre. This restaurant looks amazing from the outside and is even more amazing inside!! It’s like a huge indoor Italian piazza!! Soooo cool.

Absolutely awful photo but I wanted to give you an idea of what it looked like! Taken on my phone sorry hence the lameness.

IMG_2025.jpg

We were seated at a table for two and immediately started perusing the drinks menus which we had already perused extensively for the past year. They have a million different types of Mojitos it’s amazing! I went for Passionfruit and Benj went for Grilled Pineapple mmmmmm amazing!! Look I’m even copying and pasting the descriptions so you can try and get an idea of how they tasted!!

Grilled Pineapple Mojito Cuba Libre White Rum, grilled pineapple puree, hierba buena, guarapo, fresh lime juice, splash of lemon-lime soda

IMG_2030.jpg

Passion Fruit Mojito Parrot Bay Passion Fruit Rum, passion fruit puree, hierba buena, guarapo, fresh lime juice, splash of lemon-lime soda

IMG_2018.jpg

Good huh!?

Benj enjoying his Mojeet

IMG_2020.jpg

We got bought out bread while we were choosing our starters which was STUNNING. It was warm cinamonny bread like glazed with butter, with cinnamon butter on the side!! It sounds like a lot of cinnamon and it was but it wasn’t overpowering and it just tasted sweet and spicy at the same time and just so GOOD!!

IMG_2023.jpg

Then it was onto appetizers. We were both excited for mains so decided to share the “mariquitas Cubanas” where you can choose three dips which are served with plantain, malanga and yucca chips. We chose Haitain eggplant spread, salsa and Guacamole Cubana. OMGGGG these were good!! We were absolutely blown away by the flavours, especially of the guac which was beautifully presented and had chunks of fresh pineapple in, amazing!!

Hidden Mickey!

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

Now for mains, there were two I was stuck between and I asked the server about one of them and his answer made me go for the other one…but looking at the menu isn’t bringing back any memories so I can’t tell you what my other option was! But I do wish I’d gone for it :(

I got one of the two vegetarian dishes, Ravioles de Calabaza: Roasted calabaza squash, goat and mascarpone cheese filled half moon ravioli. Caramelized pearl onions, baby spinach and sherry vinegar reduction sauce with toasted pumpkin seeds. Doesn’t that sound amazing? Well, it kinda wasn’t. The actual ravioli was delicious and just what I was expecting but the sauce was soooooo vinegary it was crazy! It was a really thin reduction too, not one you could just scrape off so everything was drenched in it. I just think it really was way too much vinegar and Ben agreed with me. It didn’t spoil the dish but it was unpleasant. I ate it all though haha!!!!!! What can I say I’m a sucker for goats cheese anything and I was starving!!! :D It was a great portion size too, not huge like all the other restaurants we went to and I felt it was a manageable amount after sharing our starter. Still couldn’t eat dessert though!!

Here is the vinegary delight -

IMG_2028.jpg

And Benj got - Bacán de Platanos: Banana leaf-wrapped plantain tamal. African stew of roasted cauliflower, okra and coconut milk xim-xim which he loved but I tried a bit of and hated! Which is unusual as I do like most food as a general rule.

IMG_2029.jpg

Both too full for dessert we paid our bill (a cool $90 odd!! Oops!!) and tipped the server who had been a bit rubbish at bringing our stuff out quickly but we still gave him 20% as we did everyone on the holiday!

The Verdict:

I didn’t really like my main course but Ben loved his and we both went crazy over the bread and appetizer plus the drinks were incredible. It was expensive but the restaurant was beautiful inside and there was a brilliant atmosphere.

Cuba Libre gets a pink dress!

Screenshot2012-01-25at151341.png

Sharks Underwater Grill

Today was our Seaworld day and we were very excited!! When we first entered the park I made reservations for us at Sharks Underwater Grill (the parks only full-service restaurant) for lunch :) We then had a very busy morning doing rides, seeing shows and experiencing the Penguins Up Close tour that I had booked as a little surprise for Benj :)

P1000808.jpg

P1000812.jpg

The tour was absolutely incredible by the way, well worth the money and I would recommend it to anyway, such a great experience!!

After all this excitement we were MORE than ready for some lunch so even though we were a little bit early for our 2pm reservation (it was about 1.45) we headed over to the Sharks check-in desk. We were both super excited for this lunch. Ben absolutely LOVES aquariums but unfortunately we weren’t going to have time to fit in a Coral Reef ADR so as soon as I found out about SUG I was like, we are so going!! It’s a seafood restaurant mainly but I emailed them asking about veggie options and received a very nice reply saying that our server would be able to show us a number of vegetarian alternatives which was great :)

I really really really wanted to sit by the tank and couldn’t see any harm in asking so once I’d said my name and our ressie time I asked if it would be possible to get a tank-side seat and that we’d be willing to wait if so! The lady was like ‘sure’, typed something into her computer and then said to her friend “give them table 92” I THINK it was 92 but don’t hold me to it! A really nice lady led us right into the restaurant, around the second tier and down into the bottom tier, keep going keep going YES we got the best seat in the house, a table for 4 right next to the tank bang in the middle! I was so pleased!!! Actual jackpot. The restaurant wasn’t crazy busy but it had a nice buzz and it got busier as we ate which was good, I hate empty restaurants!

Suitably wowed by our amazing spot, we set about ordering drinks. It was here that I thought to order vodka because I knew this was going to be a really expensive lunch and didn’t want to make it even worse by getting a pricey cocktail! I asked the lady if they had any flavoured vodka and she reeled off a load of different flavours, score!! I chose vanilla and diet coke mmmm. Benji had a Bud Light Lime.

P1000881.jpg

Here are some awful pictures of the tank, I was too excited to bother too much with the photos as I knew they wouldn’t come out great and we can remember which is most important!! I obviously took pictures of the food though ;)

P1000874.jpg

And of the restaurant itself:

P1000876.jpg

P1000875.jpg

It seemed like you’d have a great view wherever you were sat.

We decided against ordering appetizers as it was only lunch and we didn’t want to be crazy full all afternoon. This turned out to be a fabulous decision as they bring you out AMAZING warm herby crusty bread and real butter so with that and an appetizer we would have been way too full anyway!

P1000880.jpg

P1000879.jpg

We took some photos of each other :)

P1000871.jpg

P1000870.jpg

And the waitress took a photo of us, bless her.

P1000877.jpg

So, we had to make some decisions about lunch! I was planning to have the Sharks Trio which was scallops, shrimp and salmon cakes but then I thought FLIP IT (or something like that…) and I decided to go for the SURF AND TURF baby, sirloin steak with a skewer of garlic butter shrimp, asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes.

P1000882.jpg

P1000883.jpg

Oh my god. This whole plate was one of the best things I’ve ever eaten in my life. Asparagus is my favourite vegetable, obviously I love steak and shrimp and any kind of carb is always going to be a winner in my book so this was pretty much perfect for me. I ordered the steak medium rare and it was perfect :) I can’t say enough good things about this steak, it was exceptional. The mash was garlicy and the shrimp had a garlic butter glaze so the whole thing was a garlic fest which was AMAZING!!

Our server was really helpful and said Ben could basically have any of the pastas without chicken or shrimp and with added veggies, or they could do him the chicken Portobello minus the chicken which I was intrigued about. But, Benj was in the mood for pasta so he got the sundried tomato and roasted vegetable pasta which he said was deliiiicious. I don’t think it looks that exciting but he assures me it really was gorgeous.

P1000884.jpg

P1000885.jpg

I tried to savour my meal but eventually I finished it all :( I actually scraped the plate clean to get all the flavours cause it was sooooo good. We were too full for dessert so we just got the bill. The bill wasn’t tooooo bad because we just had entrees and drinks but beware if you decide to go for 3 courses, it is like California Grill prices! Just to put it into perspective, my steak was $36 I think and my CG one was $44. Not a bad thing but it was only a lunch!!! Haha. If we do go back to Seaworld (we probably won’t next time although I need to have that steak again!!) we’d def go back to Sharks, I really recommend it!! And request a tank seat cause it just makes it!!

The Verdict

Sharks Underwater Grill gets a definite WEDDING DRESS!! One of the best steaks I’ve ever eaten and you simply cannot beat the atmosphere. Amazing!

Screenshot2012-01-25at151318.png

Loving your dining report. My 18 year old son is a recent vegetarian, so I'm working on finding places that have good options for him (as well as for my meat & potatoes husband). We're doing Universal onsite, offsite for Disney, so I'm loving the variety of options you are reviewing!

Awww! That penguin is soooo cute! And such a poser looking straight at the camera!;)

The shark's underwater grill looks amazing - we are considering it for our trip to Seaworld in August - my husband and daughter really want to try a tour and the Penguins up close looks awesome!

I'm loving your reviews! I know this is the DISboard and not the Universalboard or Orlandoboard but I like reading some non-Disney food reviews every now and again. Next time I visit with my sister, we're probably going to be doing some off-site dining so it's good to get some ideas.

I had no idea Seaworld did a penguin tour. Those photos are amazing! I would freak out (in a good way) if I could just hang out next to some penguins nbd.

Fun report. I'm having some insomnia tonight and read all of your updates. :thumbsup2 Look forward to more.

Loving your dining report. My 18 year old son is a recent vegetarian, so I'm working on finding places that have good options for him (as well as for my meat & potatoes husband). We're doing Universal onsite, offsite for Disney, so I'm loving the variety of options you are reviewing!

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying! I found it really easy to find restaurants that catered for Ben as well as me so you should be fine! I think the planning is all part of the fun anyway :goodvibes Hope you have a great trip!

Awww! That penguin is soooo cute! And such a poser looking straight at the camera!;)

The shark's underwater grill looks amazing - we are considering it for our trip to Seaworld in August - my husband and daughter really want to try a tour and the Penguins up close looks awesome!

Mmmm Shark's is seriously an amazing restaurant, can't beat eating in such a lovely place halfway through your Seaworld day, I love how we felt so relaxed and ready to go back into the madness once we'd finished :) Try and get a tankside seat! They rock!!

Penguins Up Close tour is fab, if I get a minute I might post a mini review on the Seaworld board as lots of people ask about it :)

Absolutely loving your reviews! keep them coming! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! A few more on the way :goodvibes

I'm loving your reviews! I know this is the DISboard and not the Universalboard or Orlandoboard but I like reading some non-Disney food reviews every now and again. Next time I visit with my sister, we're probably going to be doing some off-site dining so it's good to get some ideas.

I had no idea Seaworld did a penguin tour. Those photos are amazing! I would freak out (in a good way) if I could just hang out next to some penguins nbd.

Aww thank you so much for your comments, you've reassured me because I really wasn't sure about posting the non-Disney reviews! They were half of my holiday though so I felt they needed to be shared!

Can't beat off-site dining anyway really though for the prices!!

Penguin tour is amazing I def recommend it, not a bad price either and yep, hanging out with penguins is verrryyy fun! :lmao:

Fun report. I'm having some insomnia tonight and read all of your updates. :thumbsup2 Look forward to more.

Glad I helped entertain you with your insommnia and glad you're enjoying! More reviews comin' right up! :yay:

Giordano’s Pizza

Once we got back to Homewood Suites it was about 7pm. We were both exhauuuusted!! We debated going to Dennys for dinner but quite honestly we couldn’t be bothered. We had a super early start for Discovery Cove the next day and we wanted to have an early night. Guess what we did?

If you said ORDERED PIZZA then you, my friend, would be right!!

Yes ladies and gentleman, for the 3rd time in a week we ordered pizza. But, not just any pizza. Ohhh no. This was to be the night of the DADDY of all pizzas, the pizza that the mere mention of makes Ben go weak at the knees and have to have a little sit down to recover from the memory. This was…GIORDANO’S STUFFED PIZZA!!!!! And mozzarella sticks on the side which I’d become obsessed with since we got them at Friendly’s. I haven’t noted down how much the pizza was but it was quite pricy, about $17 I think plus the mozzarella sticks which were about $6. But, cheaper than dinner at Dennys. (probably not actually as I’ve just remembered how cheap the menu was there!! doh) It was very convenient though. Once again, superstar Benji phoned for our pizza and within 20 minutes it was downstairs in reception, fabbity fab!

Look at this caloric behemoth!!!! We got original cheese with a topping of pineapple (don’t ask..) and it was INCREDIBLE. Here is Ben looking slightly scared –

P1000939.jpg

P1000938.jpg

P1000937.jpg

The pictures don’t do it justice so here is a photo from Giordano’s website showing the cheesiness in all its glory –

Screenshot2011-11-30at154705.png

The mozz sticks were fabulous too.

P1000936.jpg

Washed down with a couple of Smirnoff Cran Lime’s and a beer for Benj and this made the perfect dinner!! We sat in our lovely lounge area and watched trashy TV, it was very enjoyable :) We barely made a dent in the pizza however so in the fridge it went where it was very unlikely to be eaten due to the extreme lack of the feeling of hunger in Orlando!!

The Verdict

Only really one option here, it’s a wedding dress. This pizza was so incredible that we talk about it nearly every day. In fact, I surprised Ben with a Valentines menu last night that starred a stuffed Chicago-style pizza as the main course :yay: I thought he was going to wet himself with excitement!! It was tricky to make but came out amazing and tasted exactly like the Giordano's one!! I was pretttyyy smug and told Ben he could just call me Delia hehe!

Discovery Cove food!!

This was a day I’d been looking forward huge amounts ever since we booked it. We were going to swim with dolphins!! Eeekk, amazing!!

We got to DC about 7.30 which was EXTREMELY KEEN but I’d read online that this was the best plan to get an early swim. There were loads of other people there at that time so we weren’t the only crazies. We queued up to get our passess and were given the first swim of the day, 8.40!! WOW that is early. At first I was disappointed as I kinda felt the day would be over before it had even begun but then I realized my hair wouldn’t be wet in the photos :) :) which cheered me up immensely!! We went to get fitted for our vests first and grabbed our masks and snorkals before heading to grab a pre-breakfast snack to keep us going before our swim. I had a chocolate pastrie and some chocolate milk and Ben had an OJ and a cinammon pastry and they filled us up sufficiently while we swam.

I don’t need to tell you how amazing swimming with the dolphins at DC is so I’m not going to, all you need to know is it was one of the best experiences of my life :)

Our swim overran slightly which was awesome so we ended up leaving the dolphin area about 10.00am. Now it was really breakfast time!!!

We headed back to the food area where the queue was now quite a lot longer than when we’d been there earlier, but this was good as it gave us a chance to suss out what was on offer! They had a couple different kinds of eggs, bacon, sausages, breakfast potatoes and French toast sticks. They also had all the pastries and muffins, cereal, fresh fruit and loads of juices, coffee, milk etc. We were really impressed with the options. The plates are quite small and the servers give you the food but it really is plenty and we were stuffed afterwards, didn’t need another one!

CRIM0011.jpg

This was my plate, sorry for the blurriness all the pics were taken on our underwater camera! I had another chocolate milk too, how good is this stuff!?!?

Benji’s plate, there was plenty he could have :) No salsa for his eggs though! Huge oversight!!

CRIM0012.jpg

After breakfast we did all kinds of fun things in the lazy river and the grand reef, we were loving the snorkeling with all the fish and rays, so amazing!

After a few hours we were pretty exhausted so we decided to get some drinks, head back to our sunloungers and just chill out for a little bit. We headed to the nearest bar and were amazed at the choices! I thought it was just beer and wine you could get but there were loads of choices, including frozen cocktails!! For our first tipple I got a frozen pina colada and Ben got a ‘Landshark” beer. Beer went down well but my pina colada was amazing! Soooo refreshing in the heat too :) I couldn’t resist the smell of the pretzels so got one too with some mustard. Pretzel + mustard = heaven.

CRIM0071-1.jpg

CRIM0072-1.jpg

We chilled out on the sunsloungers for a little while. Ben mainly watched the dolphin action in front of us and I grabbed a magazine I’d bought (American Glamour!) and totally relaxed. It was so nice just lying there in the heat while we dried off :)

Ben went to get a couple of drinks during this time…

CRIM0073-1.jpg

After about an hour we were ready for some LUNCH!! We were initially going to bring our lunch back to our sunloungers cause they were so comfy but in the end we decided to just sit in the lovely outdoor seating area next to the café. The queue for lunch was quite big as it was peak time at this point (around 1.30) but again this was good because it gave us a chance to make our selections! As always I really couldn’t decide what to get. In the end I went for a medley which wasn’t as good as if I’d had a normal option!! I choice the meatballs but I had them over macaroni and cheese instead of spaghetti (?) and I got chips on the side!! Carb overload!! We shared a caesar salad and I got a rice crispy treat for dessert :cloud9: Benji got pasta and tomato sauce, chips and the salad. Weiiirrrdddd choices we made there! I should have just gone for chicken tenders and chips!! I was actually still full from breakfast in all honestly and only managed part of my lunch. Most of the chips though if I remember correctly!!

CRIM0075-1.jpg

That looks so gross hahhaa

CRIM0076-1.jpg

While we were eating our delicious medley of carbs, a band started up a few feet away from us which was absolutely stunning and pretty much made Ben’s day because they played a number of Bob Marley hits. I have to say, sitting there in the sun, drinking my frozen pina colada, munching on the chips and listening to the band play awesome reggae really was the most perfect moment :)

CRIM0079-1.jpg

The rest of the afternoon was spent doing quite a lot more swimming and a bit of chillaxing, look at this view ahhhhhh glorious :)

CRIM0094-1.jpg

The Verdict

Discovery Cove is obviously amazing and we felt the food on offer was exceptional especially as it was all included in the (albeit not cheap!) entry costs. We made the most of the free drinks and there was a great range to choose from, both alcoholic and non. Breakfast was brilliant and lunch was too although I wish I’d chosen a more conventional combination of items haha!

DC food gets a Pink dress :)

Screenshot2012-01-25at151341.png

Olive Garden

I had really been looking forward to this restaurant as I do love me some Italian carbs and we were excited because there were a ton of veggie options on the menu. Our hotel was literally just across the road from the Olive Garden which was really cool! We got back from DC, showered and changed and spruced up a bit and we were good to go :)

We walked in and were given a buzzer and went to the bar to order some drinks while we waited. In a move that predicted the rest of the holiday, we had just ordered our drinks when the buzzer went off. I went to explain to the lady while Ben paid for the drinks. When he was done he joined us as we went on what felt like a tour of the whole restaurant, eventually ending up in a very nice spot in a big room next to a fireplace. Happy!!

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

I only had my iPhone for some reason at this meal so the photos are a bit lame I’m afraid!

I had a vanilla vodka and diet coke, yum! Benj had a beeerrrrrrrrrr.

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

We studied the extensive menu as we sipped our drinks. We knew we’d be getting salad and breadsticks but we couldn’t resist ordering a starter as they all sounded SO AMAZING!!

Once we’d ordered our starter our server bought out a MASSIVE bowl of salad for us to share. It was really good, with lettuce, tomato, croutons and parmesan on top. We also had two breadsticks. Fatties!!!!

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

We’d just helped ourselves to a serving of salad when our starter arrived. One of the best things we’ve ever eaten - Lasagna Fritta Parmesan-breaded lasagna pieces, fried and served over alfredo sauce, topped with parmesan cheese and marinara sauce.

IMG_2044.jpg

Ohhh yes it was as delicious as it looks and sounds. A HUGE starter as well, we were very glad we’d shared it!!

At this point we were already both full. Oops. Mere moments later, our main courses arrived, hot and fresh and DELICIOUS.

I was in a steaky mood (when was I not!?) and despite being tempted by the many ooy gooey cheesy pasta options which I know I can make at home, I went for the Parmesan Crusted Bistecca - Grilled 8 oz center cut sirloin topped with parmesan-herb breading, baked golden brown. Served with garlic parmesan mashed potatoes and asparagus drizzled with balsamic glaze.

IMG_2046.jpg

This was seriously good. AMAZING actually. I was just so full!! But I did eat most of it which was pretty impressive! The garlic parmesan mashed potatoes were just amazing and I loved the parmesan crust on the steak, gave it a real lift.

Benji was incredibly spoiled in this restaurant and could have had about 10 main courses!! He opted for the Eggplant Parmigiana, Lightly breaded eggplant, fried and topped with marinara sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Served with spaghetti. This was an absolute BEAST, two whole pieces of aubergine and enough spaghetti to feed a family of four.

IMG_2047.jpg

Now, normally Ben is a man mountain and hardly ever leaves his food, especially if we are eating out and have paid for it!! But, Olive Garden defeated him!!!! I had to take photos of this momentous occasion! This is how much he had to leave

IMG_2048.jpg

And this is how he felt leaving it!!! Bless!!

IMG_2049.jpg

I told him it really didn’t matter, it was a pretty cheap meal and even if we’d only taken a bite we would have had our moneys worth with the salad and breadsticks and starter!!

I cannot stress enough the dangers of eating at Oliver Garden…don’t make the mistakes we did, forget about the starters however much they may tempt you with their womanly ways, just order a main and have the salad and breadsticks as your starter!! Or face the consequences…

The service was fabulous here by the way, we had a lovely server who couldn’t do enough for us, we gave her a big tip as she had really earned it!!

As I said, Olive Garden is literally across the road from Homewood and I’d really recommend it if you’re staying in that area – great food and service at really good prices :)

The Verdict

Olive Garden gets a WEDDING DRESS, amazing food, huuuuge portions and cheap prices, can’t go wrong! I really really really wish we had them here in the UK!

Disney Food

Cinderella’s Royal Table

The day I’d been waiting for was finally here…we were going to Disney. WOOOO!!! We got up mega early on this day, packed all our stuff up and were downstairs waiting for our taxi at 6.30 :scared1:

We checked into SSR with no problems, left our bags (with me getting a bit emotional at how absolutely incredible the resort was) and got the bus at 7.30 to the Magic Kingdom!

I was so unbelievably excited as we walked into Main Street and I have to be honest, as soon as I saw the castle I burst into tears and quite embarrassingly could literally not stop crying! We couldn’t even get any PP pics because I was sobbing so much!!! Ahhhh good times.

When we finally reached the castle I managed to compose myself a bit and we took a LOT of photos of which I will only share a select few as this is in fact a dining review.

P1000977.jpg

P1000976.jpg

I think they sum up how we were feeling at this moment!!

Right then, onto the food and our very first experience of Disney dining. And what an experience it was!! We started with the best of the best, breakfast with the princesses in Cinderella Castle!!!! Our ADR was 8.35 but we reached the castle about 8.10 and the lady said we were welcome to go up which was brilliant!

So exciting going through the castle!

P1000982.jpg

P1000984.jpg

As we rounded the corner, there was Cinders!! I could feel myself getting emotional (again!) and I don’t even like Cinderella that much!?!? (nothing wrong with her I just have a lot of love for late 80’s/90’s princesses) But I composed myself and we got in the queue. It was quite a long queue but it was moving quickly and we loved watching all the little girls (and occasional boy!) starstruck at seeing Cinderella. When it was our turn it was so exciting! She was absolutely stunning! She was so in character and launched into a chat about my Minnie Mouse top and I couldn’t stop giggling I think I was a bit starstruck too! She asked if Ben was my handsome prince and if it was alright for her to put her arm on him and I said go right ahead! The rest of the interaction passed in a blur but we chatted a bit more and had our photos taken and then it was all over. I’ve scanned in the photo for you as it’s a nice one.

Cindy2.jpg

How cute is the reverse of the frame too?

Cindy1.jpg

So cool to get this included too, made the price seem a little easier to swallow ;) We then went up the winding staircase toward the dining room and were led to a nice table for 2 on one of the side balconys. It was quite busy in there and we were pleased to see lots of other couples dining too.

P1000994.jpg

P1000995.jpg

P1000996.jpg

P1000992.jpg

P1000993.jpg

We were bought OJ and pastries by our server who introduced himself. Love the costumes they wear here!! The fruit and pastries were really good and we dived straight in having been up since 5.30 and not eaten anything!

Half our pastries were gone before I remembered to snap a pic:

P1000991.jpg

While we were deciding what to order I was looking around and marveling at what a beautiful restaurant it is, you really can’t beat the experience of knowing you’re eating actually inside the castle and I really hope everyone gets the chance to go at least once. When our server came back he bought me a wishing star and wand and a sword for Benj!! Yayyyyyy!! I was planning to ask for these if we didn’t get them so I was chuffed.

P1000998.jpg

Wishing star!

P1000997.jpg

There were no princesses going round when we first got there but not long after we’d got our wand and star, the first princess was announced. I love the way they tell the stories, I got goosebumps!!! We played a little guessing game as to who each princess was, we got them all right cause we’re cool ;) The lovely Snow White was up first! She started right in the middle bit on the bottom level and worked her way round, she was moving verrrrry slowly though!

Our server came to take our order and our food was bought out not long after. I went for the cooked breakfast which was eggs, bacon, sausages and a delicious cooked potato hash with peppers and onions.

P1000989.jpg

Ben told the server he was veggie and asked if he could have the cooked breakfast without the meat. The server said he would replace the meat with something else and we assumed he meant extra eggs and potatoes which would have been perfect. But, when he set the plate down we saw this monstrosity!! Which I guessed was a combination of a cooked breakfast and the stuffed French toast. Even though it was all a bit mixed together on the plate he absolutely loved it and ate every single last bite!!

P1000990.jpg

My portion looks a bit measly and while it wasn’t as big as the breakfasts I had been having at Homewood, coupled with the fresh fruit and pastries I was absolutely stuffed and declined the offer of a second portion. Mainly because I didn’t want to be eating when the princesses came by too!!

Halfway through our meal Sleeping Beauty came out and then they started to announce the next princess…all it took was a few bars of “Mysterious Fathoms Below” and I screeched to Ben “IT’S ARIEL!!” he was most impressed but not at all surprised at my ability to guess it was Ariel within 5 seconds. I got all goose bumpy during her story and then when she bounded out into the room I was soooo excited!! Last up was Belle so we got (in my opinion) the best 4 princesses! I would maybe have swapped Snow White for Jasmine though as I do love her.

The princesses took soooooooo long to come round though! I think it was like 45 minutes in between us getting out food and seeing our first princess!!

When they finally got to us though we had fabulous interaction with all of them, 3 of them said I looked so much like their friend Ariel, and 'their friend Ariel' said I looked so much like her!! Hehe :rotfl: I particularly enjoyed Aurora’s interrogation of Ben, ‘How many dragons have you fought this morning prince?” He was like umm uhh none to be honest!! SLACK. Ariel was the best and we got some lovely photos. I told her she was my favourite princess, she loved me!

My two favourite photos:

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

I love how sweet and nice they all are and how they are so in character, it’s great. I think because I was grinning like the Cheshire Cat they gave us lots of attention because we were obviously really pleased to be there and up for it all. I think if you act a bit uninterested and would rather just get on with your breakfast then they will only stop by briefly, they’re really good at judging the different tables I thought.

Eventually we had seen all 4 princesses and were ready to hit the MK. We paid the bill which we paid OOP for (we felt it wasn’t worth 2 table service credits each) and it came to $99 which we expected and were quite happy to pay. It’s a lot yes, but you can’t compare it to any other breakfast, it’s not exactly a bowl of cornflakes in your kitchen ;) and obviously you are paying for the princesses and to eat in the castle which we loved. We probably won’t do it again now but it really was the perfect start to our Disney holiday.

What could be more magical!?

The Verdict

Oooohhhhh I think you know, it’s a Wedding dress!! Completely unique and amazing experience and we are so glad we did it, it was the perfect start to our Disney stay. You gotta try it!!!

Discovery Cove food!!
I don’t need to tell you how amazing swimming with the dolphins at DC is so I’m not going to, all you need to know is it was one of the best experiences of my life :)

So glad you enjoyed Discovery Cove. We are going in May and I think it will be one of the highlights of our trip. I'm disappointed though. No pics of you, Ben and the dolphin? :sad2:
:lmao:

Disney Food
When they finally got to us though we had fabulous interaction with all of them, 3 of them said I looked so much like their friend Ariel, and 'their friend Ariel' said I looked so much like her!! Hehe :rotfl: I particularly enjoyed Aurora’s interrogation of Ben, ‘How many dragons have you fought this morning prince?” He was like umm uhh none to be honest!! SLACK. Ariel was the best and we got some lovely photos. I told her she was my favourite princess, she loved me!

My two favourite photos:

P1010013.jpg

TWINS!! :thumbsup2

Great TR....keep it coming!

I love this TR!!

You two are simply quite adorable, and being a fellow vegetarian, I appreciate a TR dedicated to Disney food!
I'm surprised you like Olive Garden though, especially for being from the UK, haha. I don't like it at all!! hah :snooty: But hey, everyone has different tastes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter