• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“IF THIS IS A DREAM, I DON’T WANT TO WAKE UP!” – POP! Goes The Solo Trip **THE END**

I love your Epcot shirt, especially the "EH' on the bottom. :)

Sad that it is your last day, glad you will be able to drag it out a little bit longer for your readers enjoyment. :)

Great picture of you with your School Group friends in the 2nd picture but even better picture of you on your VIP ride. :goodvibes

Happy Thanksgiving to you Rob!!! And thanks for the Columbus Day wishes!

Great T-shirt :thumbsup2

I love the Innoventions loop as well, and often put it on at work or while writing papers. I can't listen to anything with words because it distracts me, so Disney parks music is perfect.

Mom and I laughed at your single rider photo (she's reading over my shoulder).

Yeah, I'm not huge on Tron Track either. I used to love Test Track, but after I got into RNRC and Everest it kind of lost some of its luster.

Yes, Pearl is vaguely like the ghosts in Pacman!

DOLPHINSSSSS!

All caught up, finally! First of all, YAAAAAY for a new trip! That's so exciting! And on top of that it's a birthday trip at Christmastime?! Unreal!

I probably have too much to say so I'll just say that I'm loving the TR as usual, obviously! :)

Oh, and I'm in total agreement about the Innoventions loop. So happy!! (I also thoroughly enjoyed your Chandler Bing reference.)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

LOL the guy running away from his own tour group! Who can blame him? And the pic of you in the car with the pink shirts is so funny.

All the Seas pictures :love:

I also appreciated that you said "Old school, yo" because it reminded me of my love, Jesse Pinkman. :D

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you too! :) Canadians represent! :grouphug: Speaking of which, your Canadian/Disney t-shirt design is great!! You must have a whole closet of unique Disney shirts! Do you do these things in your spare time all year long or just in prep for a new trip or what? Very creative, either way :thumbsup2
I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I was SO SO disappointed by The Seas with Nemo and Friends! I only vaguely remember when it was the Living Seas because I was 8 and it was my first trip and it wasn't one of THEEE highlights of the trip for me, but I do remember liking it back then!! The new version somehow seems thrown together and rushed to me :( The clam-mobiles were beautiful and lovely though! Just not my fave attraction, oh well. Haven't tried new Test Track yet but I have a similarly ancient memory of LOVING the old Test Track so I'm hoping the new version will live up! Although most Dis reviews I've seen haven't been glowing ones:scratchin Also, next year will be my dad's first trip back to WDW since 2000 and 2 of his 3 faves are The (original) Seas and Test Track so it'll be interesting to see the refurbs from his perspective!
Hahaha I love the shot of the green tour group - that one chaperone looks like he's like "UGH I can't believe they all wore green shirts! I'm going back to my room to change" :rotfl:

Hey Rob,

it's Juliana, from Brazil. I added you on Facebook some time ago. Just saying hi here! HIIIIII :wave2:

Speaking of Holidays around the world, on 12th it's Children's day here in Brazil PLUS it's our patroness' day also, so it's an actual Holiday TOO! :cool1:

On my day in MK, I stayed after the park closure for like, 1 and a half hour and never saw the kiss goodbye. So sad. :( BUT the princess wave is just SO COOL and never heard of that before. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I live in Buffalo, which is thisclose to Canada and sometimes I forget that it's a completely different country since the next closest major city to me is Toronto! I feel like I have the best of both worlds pixiedust:

Well, until I get to the border crossing which sometimes makes it feel more like "so close yet so far away". :rotfl:

I forgot to quote your post, but yes that pink fish totally reminds me of Pacman! I just listed my Epcot plans on my PTR and Test Track is on my "not doing" list. Driving isn't fun for me, so standing in line for a ride that's all about driving doesn't excite me. I've done it before, but wasn't all that impressed.

I don't want your trip to end.

Disney music is my favorite

I love the TT pics, too funny! I haven't ridden the Tron version yet but it seems like everyone thinks its just meh, all well I'm still a little excited to see for myself!

You are totally right Buzz looks like he's greeting an Indian Chief or something

I love the Nemo pics, that's such a cute ride! And yay for the dolphins being out they are my favorite!

Loved the update!! And Happy Thanksgiving Day to you!

I remember being able to get a photo with Nemo & Co. where you could climb up in the rocks and stand next to the characters. Now it is all grown in with plants. Guess Disney didn't approve of folks "climbing" into their displays.

Your school groups look a bit better behaved than the Latin groups we had to deal with in July. They were loud and obnoxious.

And I agree with your TT description. The ride is OK, but while my DH and DS and Nephew were quite content to spend precious touring time designing cars to compete with each other, I found the whole experience a boring waste of time. Just put me on the ride already.

Looking forward to the rest of your adventure.

Hands down....BEST CANADIAN DISNEY SHIRT EVER!!! I love it!! I can't believe it's down to your last day....thank goodness you're going in December so we have another TR to look forward too!!!:goodvibes

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I have always wondered the same thing as emmysmommy... do yall do turkey, stuffing, etc?

I feel the same way about the Innoventions music, too. There's just something about it. Now I am going to go find it and turn it on here on the computer to listen to :goodvibes

Your first TT picture is priceless! That's hilarious! And shows that the crowds were awesome that day! Or at least that morning! :thumbsup2

Thunder Mountain at night = awesome. Thunder Mountain at night, in the pouring rain = hilarious. I highly recommend it. Does sting a bit though. :rotfl:

Big Thunder is definitely a more fun experience at night! And I loved those photos of the princesses waving. It's amazing how they can capture their personalities just in the way that they wave, and that we can see that from a still photograph!

I really like the new Test Track, but I think designing your own car was one of the best parts of it for me. DH and I had so much fun making these ridiculous cars, and it is totally different than the single rider line. My family actually spent the first hour of my Epcot day just at Test Track, doing the ride and then playing around in the Showroom too - so many fun pics you can get with the cars and games you can play! It just really bums me out that the single riders don't get the full experience, because for me that's such a huge part of the whole thing.

Oh, I am jealous of your picture outside Nemo without any people in it! There are always tons of people posing with those figures whenever I'm there lol.

Happy thanksgiving!!

Crocs?! Oh no! :)

I'm with ya on test track. Eh. I've rode it once, I don't need to again, really.

Dolphins!! I really could stay there and watch them in their tank for extended periods. You got some good shots of them! I'm glad you got to see them this time around. Yay!

I am cracking up over here! Native American or horrible Spock impression. Not too mention your TT photos!! :rotfl2::lmao:

I can't agree with you more about the Epcot music and the smells in Disney. I have this thing for the smell of Disney and the different smells. Epcot music is one of my faves and I am always saying when I hear certain music, that it sounds Epcoty. LOL!

love it!!!

I am currently debating between a trip to Hong Kong next year or Orlando...

your posting is making me want Orlando.... that or The Seas with Nemo and Friends....either way..:P

I completely agree with your assessments of the area loops around Innoventions AND the Disney smells (specifically The Land pavilion). Speaking of smells, I am absolutely OBSESSED with the smell of Disney water! It's just so distinct and wonderful and one of those things that make me always think to myself "ahh, I'm here." I listen pretty regularly to several channels on Live365 for all things Disney parks related, but especially for the area music loops. Since my trip was nearly a month ago already... I suppose I can go back to listening to Live365 without weeping that my trip is over ;)

Hi, Rob!
Just wanted to let you know I have been following your report and thoroughly enjoying it! So sad to hear it's almost over.

Great report! Looking forward to the final updates :)

No special holiday here in Australia at the moment, but happy thanksgiving!

I laughed at your first TT pic of you by yourself, then even harder at the second one as you were surrounded by pink shirts! :lmao:

Love the Nemo ride! I think for me it's the mix of the animated characters and real fish too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter