Zoetrope?

ArvisoCa6

Father of 5 beautiful girls, Husband to 1 beautifu
Ok what exactly is this Zoetrope? Last visit we didn't spend too much time in DCA, so we are planning on spending more time there this time around, the 5 day park hoppers wil help with that.

Does anyone else have any "Things to not miss" in DCA, besides the obivious TSMM. We are a family of 4 girls ages 8,6,4,2. We did a little in Bug's life area and monsters, muppets, and playhose disney.

A zoetrope is a device that produces an illusion of action from a rapid succession of static pictures.
The toy story one at CA is wonderful and certainly not to be missed, it is not made up of pictures but the characters from Toy story. I found I couldn't take my eyes off it. I hadn't seen anything like it before.

If you go to youtube and look up disney zoetrope it should bring it up, but it's great to watch! See Aladdin, it's really funny.

Does anyone else have any "Things to not miss" in DCA, besides the obivious TSMM. We are a family of 4 girls ages 8,6,4,2. We did a little in Bug's life area and monsters, muppets, and playhose disney.

In the Animation Building is Turtle Time with Crush. IIRC it's a 15 minute show and it is not to be missed. :thumbsup2

Soarin' Over California is another great attraction.

We went to the princess lunch at Ariel's Grotto. DD was almost 5 and she loved meeting Ariel, Princess Minnie, Belle, Snow White, and Cinderella. :love:

HTH :earsboy:

The Toy Story Zoetrope is incredible -- I would definitely make some time to check it out!:)

My kids love-love-love the Brother Bear recreation area. Its a play area with a LOTS of things to climb on, slide down, etc. My kids would probably be happy doing the fire jumpers (tire swing thing) for half a day. Its definitely one of our never miss things....
Have a wonderful trip!

The Toy Story Zoetrope is incredible -- I would definitely make some time to check it out!:)

Where in DCA is this located? I missed it when I was out there in Nov. but would like to see in when my wife and I are there in June/July.

Where in DCA is this located? I missed it when I was out there in Nov. but would like to see in when my wife and I are there in June/July.

It's in the Disney Animation building. :thumbsup2

Be sure to go on Grizzly River Run and don't forget to eat a corn dog from the Corn Dog Castle (if you like corn dogs). I also agree with a PP who mentioned the Aladdin show. It is a definite must-see.

Try and see Push. He's not advertised, but you can ask a castmember where and possibly when he'll be out. Push is my favorite character in all the parks.

Redcreek Trail is fabulous.

There's a fun area over in the area between the Pacific Warf and Bug's Land. There's alot of little hidden things, like a bunch of instruments made out of industrial parts.

The Animation Building is wonderful from beginning to end. Turtle Talk and the Zoetrope have already been mentioned, but the Animation Academy is alot of fun, as well as the interactive animation activites. I love to just sit in the Animation lobby and look at all the cartoons playing.

A lot of the things at DCA are great during busy times in the heat of the day.

The concept behind PUSH is that he is a character. Talks, moves around, interacts. PUSH rocks.

My list of "Must sees" at DCA:
- Soarin' over California
- The entire Animation Academy Building
- Aladdin show
- Turle Talk
- Muppet Vision 3D
- TSMM
- Disney's Electrical Parade (when it's running)

What is Push?

Here's some pics I took of Push

Here Snow White is chatting with Push

11450IMG_0358.JPG

And then he told her that someone fed him an apple. lol

11450IMG_0359.JPG

Wow, those first two pictures are from a while ago. I don't think Tomorrowland has looked like that since before the 50th, lol.

i had no idea that trash can had a name lol. i remember it saying something when i walked past it once in DCA and it scared the crap out of me. also there is a talking trash container in Disneyworld in some resturant in epcot that did the same. Disney and thier trash containers lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter