Zebra Domes??

jwfla422

DIS Veteran/Philly Native
OK, Zebra Dome experts...please describe these for me. I need to be prepared when I see these at Mara, so I must know what one is and tastes like??:lmao:

I love zebra domes!!! They are a small chocolate cake with a light almost whipped topping on the top with a hint of coffee flavor... yummy!!!

They are ok, light and not too sweet.

I prefer the Oreo Bon Bons from Cape May Clambake

Oh yes, I agree with you on the Oreo Bon Bons, they are "to die for". I'm a chocoholic but I am really watching my "goodie" intake...though I'll still have to try a zebra dome just for "the fun of it" one day.:lmao:

The zebra domes I saw at the Mara were clearly labeled so they should be easy to recognize :). I don't have a sweet tooth but I still tried one because of all the hype.

I had some at Boma and thought they were okay. I had to have one to see what the hype was all about. They were smaller than I thought for some reason. They taste good but I'd take Ohana bread pudding over zebra domes any day.

Lots of hype so we tried them and were not impressed, they were okay not fabulous.

They are a mocha (coffee/chocolate) mousse set on a spongecake round with a dome of hard ganache (chocolate and cream) over the top. Not terribly well executed (ours were stale, and stale mousse is gross).

You can't miss them. when you enter the area you will see straight ahead when in the mara the ordering counter where the menu is, look to the right there are the fridge cases. In there they have simba print brownies, Along with Zebra Domes. They will be in a plastic container and come with 5 per container. They look like little scoops of ice cream with chocolate stripes. They were between 4-5 dollars for them. I found them to be very light, not a heavy dessert at all nice with a cup of coffee. I had them for a late night snack, and for breakfast once lol.

ITA about Boma! The variety of food was amazing. And the dessert portion so yummy! The zebra domes there were very fresh. They also have some type of alcohol in them. There was a sign stating such. I couldn't really taste alcohol in the first one I had. But I went back for more and those were stronger. They were our favorite dessert at Boma.

they are good - not to die for.

They are a bit unusual - made with zebra milk

ok - not really but I did get my oldest DD to buy into that once. ;)

We dined at Boma for our first night there before heding to the Pirate & Princess party. The food is good it was a fairly good sized buffet, not really overly large, and the salads and such are a bit different. I had I believe the Prime Rib, but honestly it was mostly fat, so I left it, tried I forget what the salmon was calle will have to go look it was ok, the bobatie is REALLY good. I tried a varity of things they did not have the peppertpot chicken soup, or the carrot when we were there. We tried the gumbo, I forget the other one, but it was a chicken one. The dessert buffet was cookies, tiny tarts with a strawberry on it (these were ONLY ok) to much shell and nothing much else, the banana bread pudding was pretty good, zebra domes I really liked, did not try anything like milk tart or the pudding there were a couple more things, but they are fleeting me at the moment. I was scolded by the chef lol cause I had tried some of the desserts and he did not want me to get to full. They brought us out a platter of 3 truffles, and some cookies and had mickeys made in little melted chocolate drops and had chocolate drawn herts as we were on our honeymoon, he also came out a bit later with the BIGGEST platter I have ever seen that had a huge pineapple hunk on the bottom and in it was stuck a spear with deep fried oreos, covered in melted chocolate. OMG it was rich we got them to box all of the platters to go as we were needing to get into costumes and head to the party. Thre table next to us were stunned when he brought it out and asked how do we get that, I said it was a special gift from teh chef for our honeymoon. The oreo I did have before was awseome and fresh, hot it was good, but extremely rich.

The alcohol is amarula. Its an African cream made from Marula fruit. Google it, I'm not making it up.

Amarula can be bought in Zawadi Marketplace--one of the few places in America to get it.

Oh I had Amarula on the fight home on Delta. I have to say Delta for Customer service, and attitudes towards their customers (sorry for the word, but it sucks) My Travel Agent I booked air only through is still fighting with them for an appologies, and any sort of compensation for the way we were treated. The Hostess/host on board the plane were supper nice, and even funny made jokes on each other on the intercom was cute. I got this drink on the rocks, and it was very good, but is sweet with subtle chocolate notes to it. I say try it one will do you if you do not like a lot of creamy sweet drinks.

I agree about the Oreo Bon-bons. We love these!

Zebra domes are okay, but they must be fresh. I actually like them better bought at Mara, because they're nice and cold. On the buffet they looked a little wilted.

We didn't really enjoy Boma, but their desserts and pressed pot coffee were absolutely delicious. There was a coconut pineapple cheesecake that was yummy!

The alcohol is amarula. Its an African cream made from Marula fruit. Google it, I'm not making it up.

Amarula can be bought in Zawadi Marketplace--one of the few places in America to get it.

Ok - who knew? (ok apparently you did! :) )

I was told it was Kalua and with the coffee taste to it, I never questioned it. I'm going to have to check out Amarula at Zawandi the next time we are there - yum-o! Thanks for the clarification!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter