Yuck! The decor of the new BLT rooms

NUHuskies#1

My kids speak in COD code.. I don't know what it m
Is it me? Or, does anyone else think the decor of the new BLT rooms is not impressive? I was actually thinking of doing an add-on here but now I don't think so.:eek:

I'm not too impressed by it....will take my OKW any day, but it is more modern and contemporary (get it?? LOL) than what we're used to I suppose...

I like the pics of the refurbed rooms over at the Contemporary better. Same kinda idea, but a little more classier and not as bright.

I actually love the decor, but I have no interest in a BLT add on.

I love the decor. Some people don't like VWL or AKV. It just depends on your personal taste.

:goodvibes

I love the decor as well and can't wait to stay there. The kitchen is gorgeous and I love that they took the sliding bathroom door from the CR rehab and added it to the DVC rooms - such a space saver.

I like the slide-out pantry -- and that it exists in the studio! :) I have a similar feature in my '84 Country Camper and really enjoy it.

I can see what they are trying to do...but I personnaly think it is ...butt ugly...

The decor is pretty cool and we just bought in and I know we will love staying there as much as we love staying at the Boardwalk :goodvibes

Saying it's ugly or awesome is like trying to say the music you like is the best. It's an opinion and that's all. If you like BLT, good for you, enjoy it.

I like the pics of the refurbed rooms over at the Contemporary better. Same kinda idea, but a little more classier and not as bright.

I agree with you! Mostly I find the decor at BLT to be ok - not what I'd have at home but that's just fine. There's a few individual items that stick out to me that I never would have picked out - mostly with the white furniture that was thrown in with the dark. I don't care for rounded edge tables either. Oh - and those yellow bar stools! I get the whole color "accent" aspect but don't care for those items and feel they're old contemporary.

Of course for some reason I keep picturing red/brown glass drop pendants over the island - so what do I know!?! :lmao:

It seems to me that decor is the most changeable aspect of any resort. I mean, replace the carpets, change out the furnishings, hang some different pictures, and you have a whole different feel. Personally, I kind of like the more sparse type of decor at BLT. BCV, for example, I find to be just too "frilly". Does that keep me from staying there? Heck no! In fact, I just got my confirmation for a couple of nights for DW and I in January at BCV. :thumbsup2

My impression from the photos was 'cheap, tacky and tasteless'. Kinda like Deevy See. :lmao:

I really thought that given the price and location, the decor would be elegant and tasteful. I love the new decor at CR, and that's the kind of thing I was picturing for BLT.

That said, it certainly wouldn't stop me from buying there, or staying there. I choose resorts based on location and amenities, and the decor doesn't enter into it at all.

Is it me? Or, does anyone else think the decor of the new BLT rooms is not impressive? I was actually thinking of doing an add-on here but now I don't think so.:eek:

Opinions are like bellybuttons: everyone has one! And if your opinion is that it is ugly then please do not buy or stay there ... more points and availability for the rest of us!

For those of you with an open mind, my guide told me that there has been some discussion that the actual rooms may have a slightly different color palette. This was offered in response to my telling him that the primary negative thing I have read on the boards about BLT is about the decor ... long pause and then the above tid bit! Clearly it does not bother me since we were discussing our add-on. We also laughed about the "sandwich" moniker and the pig avatar by The Tag Fairy.

While I think everyone has the right to express their opinion (I hate the whole African theme at AKV, even though I own there!), it seems irrational to me to completely shut off buying at a specific resort simply because you do not like the fabric choices.

Of course that's just my bellybutton ... um ... opinion!

Blahnde

I may be in the minority here, but I really love it!!! We had not planned on buying in, but I really like the feel of it. It has that retro futuristic Jetson's thing going on. I also like the fact that it is totally different from our first home resort AKV. Now the big question is how many points do we need!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter