You've Got a Friend in Me:TINKGURL & XOKTENOX's Adventures in WDW~UPDATE: 6/9 p.74

That is hilarious that your sister dropped her bowl- again! How funny!

You always have funny stories to tell about the stepsisters there!

I think those new floor inlays are relatively new, so it's no wonder you didn't see them. And I love that picture of you and DF!

I do always have funny stories to tell from eating there! Right after it happens, I always get so excited to tell that part of the TR. :laughing:

I love that you guys warned your sis not to drop her plate again...that is exactly the kind of thing we do. Our family doesn't forget ANYTHING! :laughing:

We did 1900 PF for the first time last year and loved the characters. The stepsisters told my sister and I how sorry they were that we were sisters. There was also this really cute little boy, maybe two or three, at the table next to us crying...he wasn't loud or anything, he was just upset over something. Before she got to our table, Lady Tremaine turned to the little boy, pointed at him, and said sternly, "stop crying." Then she looked crazy in the picture that she took with my sister and I, and when my mom said, "oh, beautiful" she said, very snotty, "yes, I know I am." They were so much fun! And, my friend ate there for the first time last night -- Lady Tremaine and Drizella got on her boyfriend's case b/c she doesn't have a ring, and of course, the entire room overheard and was laughing :rotfl:

I love all the characters on the floor in the GF! That is such a good picture of you and your fiancee, too.

Can't believe you are coming up to the last full day. I always try hard to enjoy the last day, but it's so hard! I start getting sad sometime during the day before the last full day, too. :sad2:

haha, Sounds like you guys had a good time there! I'm jealous of your friend. I'm having some really bad Disney blues right now..especially since Kristen is going tonight!

I think my family would love meeting the stepsisters, so 1900 Park Fare might have to go on the list of restaurants to consider. And the other night my wife told me she'd like to stay at the Grand Floridian someday. :faint: That reminds me, I need to buy a powerball ticket.

Hi glennbo! You guys will have to try 1900 PF sometime. The Step-Sisters are there for dinner.

Oooh, you should start saving up and surprise her with an anniversary trip and stay at the GF sometime down the road!

That is reallt pretty picture of the front of the GF. So perfect! I love the photo of you and FI in front of the wedding pavillion. :goodvibes

Funny, I noticed the floor at the GF our last trip too. It looks amazing in person and I was wondering if it was new, bt I have never stayed at GF, so pretty new to it all there. I just love all of the little Disney touches.

Sigh, the last day is the worse. It's such a bittersweet moment. You are happy to be there, but sad that it's your last day. I'm usually a bit sad for the last few days just knowing the trip is coming to an end.

It was such a nice night out there!

I think the floor must be new because I've never noticed it before. That's so funny you noticed it too!

You guys always have so much fun with the stepsisters.

I never noticed the characters in GF's floor before. I was last there in November and I didn't even notice, shows how observant I am :laughing: The pic of you and your fiancee is so cute- it's definitely frame worthy. :)

We always have good luck eating there. I hope it never changes.

You'll have to go find the characters on the floor next time!

And thanks! I like that picture too!

I just saw that floor for the first time on our trip back in November! I took a lot of pictures of it too, since I had never seen it before. It must be new for so many people to just be noticing it for the first time.

The GF is so pretty. Sigh. I have always wanted to stay there, but when I see the pictures of the rooms it makes me not want to. Maybe it's just me but they seem old fashioned and it doesn't seem to match the outside of the resort. :confused3 I don't think there is a way to take a bad beach photo at that resort.

That's so funny you noticed the characters on the floor too! Will we be seeing the pics of it in your TR?

I agree, it would be nice to have the GF rooms re-done and updated. Maybe they already have? I'm not sure.

Such a sweet picture of you guys! :love:

Breakfast at Kona??? I'm there!!! :cool1:

Last days are not so much fun, but you had had a nice long trip, so that's something to be very happy about. We only have 6 days on our upcoming summer trip, since we cut it short to come back for a wedding. It makes me very happy that Brooklynn and I will have that October trip to look forward to as we leave. :thumbsup2

Aw, thanks MeMom!

As you'll read when I do the update, I thought of you when we ate at Kona! I couldn't help but laugh thinking of the pic with the huge loaf of bread being bigger than Bella's head. :laughing:

You're right, we were lucky to have a long trip. That's great you already know when you'll be back after the July trip.

Wow love that photo of you and DF! really cute!:cutie:

how cool are those tiles...I need to start looking at the floor in disney I would have missed that i think!

I got my mum anana aunt and cousin the necklace you are speaking of, it is so pretty they wore them the whole holiday! understated nut still nice and sparkly!

Thanks! :)

I just love the details WDW puts into everything. It's true, you always have to be looking all around you to notice it all.

Glad you know what necklace I'm talking about!

Loved your update :) funny story about your sister! She must have been super careful since then. luckily fiance seemed to not be too mad about it. I hate the feeling of the last full day at disney. I, like you, never want to leave when I go there.

Love the view of the beach. :goodvibes Aww I am so jealous Kristen is there right now!

haha, I am never going to have any luck with that balloon either. What is up with that?!

Loved your update :) funny story about your sister! She must have been super careful since then. luckily fiance seemed to not be too mad about it. I hate the feeling of the last full day at disney. I, like you, never want to leave when I go there.

Of course, Fiance just thought it was hilarious!

Love the view of the beach. :goodvibes Aww I am so jealous Kristen is there right now!

haha, I am never going to have any luck with that balloon either. What is up with that?!

I am SO jealous too!

Okay, glad I'm not the only one who has bad luck with that thing!

July 30, 2010

Well folks, this is it. Our final full day at WDW. How I dreaded it so. I dreaded it before the trip even began. I always do. So, I woke up sad. Of course, being the emotional person that I am, I cried getting ready. When I came out of our room into the living room to see Mom and Dad, they knew I had been crying already. They know me too well! Dad gave me a big hug and said, “Let’s try and enjoy this last day. Remember, you have to leave to come back.” So, I kept that in my mind the rest of the day. But, what made me sad as well was the fact that I knew I probably would not be making it to WDW in 2011. This would be the first year since I was 3 not going to WDW. And let me tell you, I’m having big time Disney blues!

As we stepped outside, we could tell it was going to be a beautiful day. We headed to the bus stop to wait for the MK bus, which ended up taking forever to come! It was our only real time the whole trip we had to wait very long for a bus, which was nice. But, I was nervous we would be late for our breakfast ADR at Kona, and that was a meal I did NOT want to miss! Fiancé and I had such a great breakfast there over our Spring Break trip, and we were excited to take Mom, Dad, and Sis there.

Finally, our bus came and we made it to the MK. I just soaked everything in as we walked to the monorail station, from the turnstiles, the train station, and the music playing. The music was one of those little things I was going to miss. I was also going to miss the monorail. I love riding it and just looking all around the Seven Seas Lagoon. So, I snapped a shot behind us while we waited for a monorail to come:

akdisney541.jpg

We were doing good on time, so I wasn’t worried anymore. Once the monorail came and we were on, Sis and I were ready to do some picture taking!

akdisney542.jpg

akdisney543.jpg

534-1.jpg

535-1.jpg

536-1.jpg

akdisney544.jpg

As we sat at the Contemporary station, I took all the sights/smells in. I counted up the floors and found our room. The maid was there, so I just wanted to go up there and ask her if we could just go out on the balcony once more. Haha!

Then, we were on our way to the TTC.

537-1.jpg

I had to laugh because I could remember looking at this view with Little Guy and explaining to him that the Poly was where we were going to go for the Luau and our breakfast with Stitch. As we approached the TTC and sat there, we got to hear one hilarious conversation. There was a couple sitting across from us. His wife was asking him where we were, which was the TTC, but he told her it was the Poly! Then, he went on to explain that they had a few more stops, then they’d be at Epcot, which is where they were wanting to go. We all just looked at each other and tried not to bust out laughing.

Finally, we made it to the Poly and could get out and laugh.

538-1.jpg

I saw the sign, which I know has always been there, but this time all I could think about was Little Guy yelling “ALLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!” during our Ohana breakfast. Kristen texted me telling me she could hear him from their table. Haha!

We checked in for our ADR at Kona.

539-1.jpg

I was getting so excited to have some Tonga Toast! Dad also agreed to share the pressed coffee pot with me, since him and I are the main coffee drinkers of our group. Our table was ready right away, which happened to be right next to the table we sat at with Kristen and Chris a few nights earlier!

Oh goodness, breakfast was good as usual. Kona did not disappoint. I apologize because I realize that I slacked this trip with taking notes of what everyone ate. But, I know everyone was happy with their order.

After breakfast, there wasn’t even a discussion as to where we were going. It was the MK. We always spend our last full day. It’s our favorite park and always will be. So, back on the monorail we were. It’s still a little hard for us to get used to BLT next to the main Contemporary building.

akdisney545.jpg

Once at the MK, we headed back to Frontierland to get FP’s for BTMRR. We were surprised to see that the return time was only for 11:15 am -12:15 pm! We figured it would have been for much later, so we were happy about that.

Mom and Dad were wanting to do the HoP, so we headed there next.

542-1.jpg

The next show started in 10 minutes, so we used the time to look around at the pictures and displays in the lobby. It was actually fun and interesting to look at. I love that kind of stuff that has a bit of history to it. Once we were done looking and headed in to find our seats, we talked about how much fun we had at the HoP the trip before this one. We happened to be at WDW during the soft opening for the HoP with the new President Obama animatronic and the new changes. The opening was only for Annual Passholders, so we felt a little special. Haha.

After the show, we had a little time to waste before our BTMRR FP’s. We looked around the gift shop right next to the HoP. Fiancé bought a book that had quotes that Presidents have said. Some of them were funny and some of them were really moving. It was definitely something for us to look forward to reading on the drive home.

Once back outside, we decided to try and find the gun in the window, which is mentioned in the Hidden Secrets of WDW book that I have. After a bit of looking, we found it!

543-1.jpg

I won’t tell you where it is exactly for those of you who want to find it for yourselves!

After we were happy with our find, we decided to start heading towards BTMRR. But first, we stopped to look at the Liberty Belle. It was one of those things that we know is there, but never have really taken the time to stop and enjoy it.

540-1.jpg

541.jpg

After looking at the Liberty Belle, we decided to split up with Dad. We could get new FP’s already, so Dad said he was going to head to Space Mountain and see if there were any FP’s left there. Back in the BTMRR area, it was chaos!

544-1.jpg

We weaved in and out of people and finally made it up to the FP return entrance. I always get excited seeing people having fun on this ride.

545-1.jpg

Once we were on the ride, I, of course, could not stop laughing. It’s just one of those fun rides that always makes me smile and laugh. And to add to that, all we could think about was Little Guy’s “Splash Mountain face”, which he also had the whole time on BTMRR as well.

Once we were back from the wildest ride in the wilderness, we headed back to the Liberty Belle to meet back up with Dad. He had FP’s in hand! Our return time was 1:55 – 2:55, which perfect for us to do before heading back to OKW for a swim.

Since we were in the area, we decided to do the Haunted Mansion. As we got in line, the wait time only said 10 minutes! But, as we timed it, it only ended up being 5! We were very confused. Haha. It was such a busy day, with lots of people, but yet we basically walked right on to the HM!

Next, we decided to walk through Fantasyland on our way to use our Space FP’s. IASW only said 5 minutes, so we decided to ride that one last time. As we walked through the line, I tried to take everything in. I was going to miss it!

546-1.jpg

I gave PP the sad face across from us.

547-1.jpg

Since the HM and IASW ended up not taking as much time as we expected, we decided to head to Tomorrowland and do the CoP. I can still remember our first time with the CoP. We got obsessed that trip. The song was always in our head. We were saying the lines with everyone in every scene. We were at the CoP so many times that trip! Haha.

Once we were back out into Tomorrowland, our FP return time window had opened up. We decided to ride the People Mover and make sure Space was still going first. And it was! Here’s some of the pics I took on our People Mover ride:

akdisney546.jpg

akdisney547.jpg

akdisney548.jpg

The Hidden Mickey on her belt is one of my favorite Hidden Mickey’s. I have a few favorites!

As we walked through the FP return line at SM, we decided we were going to be funny for the ride photo. We didn’t tell each other what we were going to do, but we made sure to take a “redneck” pic of our pic after the ride. Here’s how it turned out:

akdisney549.jpg

HAHAHA!

As met back up with Dad, we saw that they were still giving out FP’s for Space, so we decided to get new ones, which would be perfect for right after our dinner ADR at Tony’s. With those in hand, we decided to head back for a bite to eat and swim at OKW. Luckily, we didn’t have to wait long for our bus.

akdisney550.jpg

Once back at OKW, we got off at the first stop and walked to the HH. I told Fiancé what I wanted to eat at Good’s and went to see if “our” tables were open. They were! It was funny to be sitting there again. We ate there our first day at OKW, and now we were there on our last day. It was bittersweet.

Fiancé and I finished before Mom, Dad, and Sis, so we decided to get changed and head to the pool. Mom, Dad, and Sis went in to the gift shop to see if my big picture that I bought at the art store at DHS was in. Thankfully, it was!

Mom and Sis didn’t feel like swimming, so they just headed to the room and took a nap. Dad came out and swam with us though. We swam until about 5 pm, then decided to head to the room to get ready for dinner.

~Up next: Our dinner ADR at Tony’s and our last night

Wow, it sounds like for a such a busy day (those crowd shots at BTMMR looked intense) it looks like you got a lot of the big attractions done and in good time too. I like the SM ride shot - you are all doing such different things in it!

I hate the last park day too. you just don't want it to end, but that was a great thing your dad said - that you need to leave it to return. A more glass if half full way of looking at it. I would still be sad though. :laughing:

As I said in my TR, I'm a last full day crier as well. I was full on sobbing last year. It was not pretty. :rotfl:

Oh gosh, that picture of the Aloha sign at the Poly monorail station is making me tear up. I miss it so much! :sad1: I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast at Kona. I've always wanted to get breakfast there, but we can never seem to find the time. Clearly I need to take a month-long Disney vacation. LOL.

It sounds like you guys had a really fun morning with minimal waits. That's awesome! Anytime the lines aren't long in July feels like a small miracle. :laughing:

As you'll read when I do the update, I thought of you when we ate at Kona! I couldn't help but laugh thinking of the pic with the huge loaf of bread being bigger than Bella's head. :laughing:

You're right, we were lucky to have a long trip. That's great you already know when you'll be back after the July trip.

Her head hasn't grown much, either, so the picture would look pretty much the same now. :laughing: We're eating at 'Ohana on the 4th. How big is their bread? ;)

Thanks for all of your pictures. I am sorry you were sad about leaving, because I am the same way. I know getting through 2011 with no trip is not easy, but you have a big goal that you have your sights set on, so I'm sure that helps a little.

You can be at the Poly tonight to watch Wishes if you will check out the link over on the TR. Last night, the people actually took the camera out of their room and down to the beach.

July 30, 2010

Well folks, this is it. Our final full day at WDW. How I dreaded it so. I dreaded it before the trip even began. I always do. So, I woke up sad. Of course, being the emotional person that I am, I cried getting ready. When I came out of our room into the living room to see Mom and Dad, they knew I had been crying already. They know me too well! Dad gave me a big hug and said, “Let’s try and enjoy this last day. Remember, you have to leave to come back.” So, I kept that in my mind the rest of the day. But, what made me sad as well was the fact that I knew I probably would not be making it to WDW in 2011. This would be the first year since I was 3 not going to WDW. And let me tell you, I’m having big time Disney blues!

I get this completely! I cried like a big old baby on our last day because I have no idea when we'll get back. I know for sure it won't be next year...but I'm so hopeful we get to go in 2013! I hate leaving, dread the last day before getting on the plane, but your dad's right. You have to leave to come back. I know I'll have the Disney blues next year. One thing I can tell you is when you do get to go back it will be like home and incredible! I remember my first trip back after a too long of a hiatus and it was just the most amazing trip.

It sounds like your last day was shaping up to be a great one...no wait times...INCREDIBLE!

I get so emotional on the last full day, too. I can usually keep it together till later in the evening. On my last night last year, I watched Illuminations and cried through the entire thing. I had an adorable little boy telling me that "Mickey makes this!" and that "this is all magic"...oh gosh I could cry just recalling that :rotfl: I prolonged the actual leaving for as long as I could. I do like what your dad says about you have to leave to come back, I'll have to remember to tell myself that :goodvibes

Wow, it sounds like for a such a busy day (those crowd shots at BTMMR looked intense) it looks like you got a lot of the big attractions done and in good time too. I like the SM ride shot - you are all doing such different things in it!

I hate the last park day too. you just don't want it to end, but that was a great thing your dad said - that you need to leave it to return. A more glass if half full way of looking at it. I would still be sad though. :laughing:

We tried to get as much in as we could! :laughing:

It always seems so hectic back in the Splash/BTMRR area!

As I said in my TR, I'm a last full day crier as well. I was full on sobbing last year. It was not pretty. :rotfl:

Oh gosh, that picture of the Aloha sign at the Poly monorail station is making me tear up. I miss it so much! :sad1: I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast at Kona. I've always wanted to get breakfast there, but we can never seem to find the time. Clearly I need to take a month-long Disney vacation. LOL.

It sounds like you guys had a really fun morning with minimal waits. That's awesome! Anytime the lines aren't long in July feels like a small miracle. :laughing:

One year, my contact fell out because I was crying so hard. Now, Mom, Dad, and Sis always have to make fun of that every last day of the trip. They'll go "sniff, sniff" then say, "Ooooh my contact!"

Her head hasn't grown much, either, so the picture would look pretty much the same now. :laughing: We're eating at 'Ohana on the 4th. How big is their bread? ;)

Thanks for all of your pictures. I am sorry you were sad about leaving, because I am the same way. I know getting through 2011 with no trip is not easy, but you have a big goal that you have your sights set on, so I'm sure that helps a little.

You can be at the Poly tonight to watch Wishes if you will check out the link over on the TR. Last night, the people actually took the camera out of their room and down to the beach.

haha, I think you should take a pic of the bread vs. Bella's head ratio for me. :laughing:

It does help a little, you're right! Plus, the next trip for me will be our honeymoon!!!

I get this completely! I cried like a big old baby on our last day because I have no idea when we'll get back. I know for sure it won't be next year...but I'm so hopeful we get to go in 2013! I hate leaving, dread the last day before getting on the plane, but your dad's right. You have to leave to come back. I know I'll have the Disney blues next year. One thing I can tell you is when you do get to go back it will be like home and incredible! I remember my first trip back after a too long of a hiatus and it was just the most amazing trip.

It sounds like your last day was shaping up to be a great one...no wait times...INCREDIBLE!

I hope you get to go back!

We were shocked at the wait times considering the crowds that day.

I get so emotional on the last full day, too. I can usually keep it together till later in the evening. On my last night last year, I watched Illuminations and cried through the entire thing. I had an adorable little boy telling me that "Mickey makes this!" and that "this is all magic"...oh gosh I could cry just recalling that :rotfl: I prolonged the actual leaving for as long as I could. I do like what your dad says about you have to leave to come back, I'll have to remember to tell myself that :goodvibes

Aw, that's so cute!!!

Busy day you all cooked up for yourselves! I've actually heard that same conversation before on the monorail. It's amazing how turned around folks can- some not even realizing there are 2 lines!

Love your BTMRR pix, Tink!!

I've actually heard that same conversation before on the monorail. It's amazing how turned around folks can- some not even realizing there are 2 lines!

I was coming from EPCOT with DD one trip and bumped into what seemed to be grandparents and grandkids. When we boarded at EPCOT the GD commented that they were there again and needed to get to the Contemporary. While we talked I realized how turned around they were and I asked my DD if we had some time and we got on the resort mono with them since I knew I could not just tell them where to go. They would never get there, they were that confused. I walked them all the way to the Chef Mickey entrance and then we walked over to MK. They were very grateful and I think a little shocked that I escorted them all the way there.

I did realize later in our trip that perhaps the regular spiel was not playing so they did not hear that they hadto switch monorails to get to the Mk line.

Aww, I hate last full days! :sad1: Your dad definitely has a good mindset about it, though! I'm with you-- I love seeing people return from rides all happy! Makes you that much more excited!
I started a PTR, btw, if you wanted to check it out!

Girl, I totally hear you on the Disney blues! It's looking like I probably won't be going back until next year for spring break (even with my sister doing the college program). So seeing everyone planning all their trips sucks! :sad1: DVC definitely spoils us, doesn't it? It's so funny because we used to only go every other year and now I can barely go 6 months without wanting to go back. :rolleyes:

Looks like you had a successful last morning. Your Space Mountain picture is hilarious!

Busy day you all cooked up for yourselves! I've actually heard that same conversation before on the monorail. It's amazing how turned around folks can- some not even realizing there are 2 lines!

Love your BTMRR pix, Tink!!

Like I said, we were trying to get everything in that we could one last time. :laughing:

I was coming from EPCOT with DD one trip and bumped into what seemed to be grandparents and grandkids. When we boarded at EPCOT the GD commented that they were there again and needed to get to the Contemporary. While we talked I realized how turned around they were and I asked my DD if we had some time and we got on the resort mono with them since I knew I could not just tell them where to go. They would never get there, they were that confused. I walked them all the way to the Chef Mickey entrance and then we walked over to MK. They were very grateful and I think a little shocked that I escorted them all the way there.

I did realize later in our trip that perhaps the regular spiel was not playing so they did not hear that they hadto switch monorails to get to the Mk line.

Wow, that was SO nice of you to do that! Sounds like something we'd do as well. It's nice to know there are others like us too!

Aww, I hate last full days! :sad1: Your dad definitely has a good mindset about it, though! I'm with you-- I love seeing people return from rides all happy! Makes you that much more excited!
I started a PTR, btw, if you wanted to check it out!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll go look at it!

Girl, I totally hear you on the Disney blues! It's looking like I probably won't be going back until next year for spring break (even with my sister doing the college program). So seeing everyone planning all their trips sucks! :sad1: DVC definitely spoils us, doesn't it? It's so funny because we used to only go every other year and now I can barely go 6 months without wanting to go back. :rolleyes:

Looks like you had a successful last morning. Your Space Mountain picture is hilarious!

Oh no! So you might not be getting to see your sister while she's doing the program? Boo! I was hoping to read an awesome TR from you about that! Well, will you promise to keep me updated on her anyways? I'd love to hear some stories.

I usually get sad AND anxious on my last day. Sad for obvious reasons, but anxious because I feel like we need to rush around everywhere & get it all done. It usually ends up being an exhausting day.

It made me sad reading about your memories with Little Guy. I can't imagine taking Dylan for only part of the trip and then him leaving. It would feel like something was missing all the time. Although, it IS nice to be able to walk around & not push a stroller.

I just got that "Hidden Magic" book, so it's good to know that it's right about a gun being in a window near the HoP. With so much changing around Fantasyland, the book will soon be (or already is) out of date. Oh well.

Good idea getting SM fastpasses before leaving the park, to use when you return later in the evening.

I usually get sad AND anxious on my last day. Sad for obvious reasons, but anxious because I feel like we need to rush around everywhere & get it all done. It usually ends up being an exhausting day.

It made me sad reading about your memories with Little Guy. I can't imagine taking Dylan for only part of the trip and then him leaving. It would feel like something was missing all the time. Although, it IS nice to be able to walk around & not push a stroller.

It was definitely strange to be there without Little Guy. It is crazy getting used to pushing a stroller around WDW, I'll tell you that.

I just got that "Hidden Magic" book, so it's good to know that it's right about a gun being in a window near the HoP. With so much changing around Fantasyland, the book will soon be (or already is) out of date. Oh well.

Good idea getting SM fastpasses before leaving the park, to use when you return later in the evening.

I hope you like that book! You're right, once the expansion is done, they'll have to update it. haha!

July 30, 2010 *Continued*

Here we go..the last update of this TR! I just want to say on behalf of Kristen and I, we were so happy to be able to share such an important, exciting, and special trip with all of you. We thank you for reading along with every update, even if it did take us forever to finish this TR! We hope to hear from you for many TR’s to come over the years.

We left off finishing swimming at OKW and getting ready for our dinner ADR. When we got to the bus stop to wait for the MK bus, we decided just to check into our ADR even though we were a little early. And as we were on the bus headed to the MK, the sky did not look very good. It looked like a storm was coming! I prayed for it to hold off until we were sleeping. I didn’t want to deal with the rain on our very last night.

Once into the MK, we checked in for our ADR at Tony’s. There were quite a few people in the lobby, but we managed to find an open bench by the windows facing Town Square to wait for our name to be called. As you may know from previous TR’s, we always eat at Tony’s every trip, and we always try to get the ADR for our last night. I can’t tell you when this tradition started, but it’s been quite awhile now! I know Tony’s gets a lot of mixed reviews on the DIS, but we have never had a problem with it.

After waiting maybe 10 minutes, our name was called! We looked at each other in shock. We couldn’t believe we were already getting seated. When we got to our table, we saw that it was decorated with Mickey head confetti. When our waiter came, he told us congratulations for all the celebrations we were having.

We were seated out towards the patio area. We love sitting out there. It’s so bright, and we can catch glimpses of the people walking into the park. Here’s our views:

akdisney553.jpg

akdisney552.jpg

akdisney555.jpg

akdisney554.jpg

Sis doodled on her napkin while we waited for our food, so I decided to keep it as a souvenir, haha.

akdisney557.jpg

As we were eating dessert, I decided to ask our waiter about where the Lady & the Tramp window view is that we read about in our “Hidden Magic of WDW” book. He was happy to show us exactly where it was. I won’t tell you where it is, just in case you want to find it for yourselves. But, you look out this window and you can see Lady & the Tramp sharing their bowl of spaghetti, just like in the movie. It’s so cute!

After we headed out of Tony’s, I sighed and braced myself for the hardest part of all of our trips. The part where we have to decide what we want to do one last time.

Since the bathrooms in Tony’s are so small, we used the ones over by the fire station. As we left to head back down Main St. I took this pic:

akdisney558.jpg

I don’t know why, but it always makes me sad on our last night to see people getting into their spots for the parade.

We walked through the shops on the right side of Main St. for one last look. I stopped by the kitchen stuff and bought myself one of the Minnie oven mitts/hot pads. It goes perfect with my red kitchen appliances.

By the time we made it to the end of Main St., we could go use our Space Mountain FP’s. While we went on there, Dad went and got us FP’s for Buzz, which had a return time of 8:50-9:50. Perfect!

After we met back up with Dad, we hopped on the People Mover for one last time. While we were on there, we could see and hear the Dance Party going on. They were playing some good songs, so we were singing along as we rode through Tomorrowland. Here’s some pics we got on our ride:

550-1.jpg

551-1.jpg

552-1.jpg

553-1.jpg

After we made it back down into Tomorrowland, we could already use our Buzz FP’s. Fiancé managed to get his highest score yet! I tried to get a pic of it, but it wouldn’t work!

After Buzz, we decided to walk through Fantasyland one last time. The wait time for Winnie the Pooh was only 10 minutes so we decided to get in line. Right as we walked in the line, we were given the wait time card. It made us feel a little special, haha. Also in line, everything was boarded up for the refurb:

554.jpg

555-1.jpg

I took everything in as we rode. We had to say our favorite part along with the ride: “And at last, the rain went away…and everyone gathered together to say…HOORAY! And Hooray for Pooh too!” haha. I had to take one last pic as we finished our ride:

556-1.jpg

As we continued walking through Fantasyland, we saw IASW was a walk-on, so we decided to do that one last time. Then, we decided it was time for one last ride before heading back to the room to finishing packing and get to bed. We headed into Liberty Square and used the walkway from Frontierland into Adventureland to ride our last ride: PoTC! When we got to the entrance, we saw that it was a walk-on too! It’s like everyone knew it was our last night and wanted us to get everything in that we could.

When we got into our boat, Mom, Dad, and Sis were in the front row. As we went down the little drop, they got wet! It was hilarious. We laughed all the way up the ramp and through the gift shop.

As we made it back into Adventureland, we all knew what time it was. It was time to head out. As we made it onto Main St., the fireworks started. While everyone was “ooohing” and “aahhing”, I was trying to hold back the tears. That didn’t last long. We stopped halfway to watch a little bit of it. Then, Mom, Dad, and Sis decided to head to the Bakery to grab some cinnamon rolls for them for the next morning. Fiance and I headed back to the room because I had put off my packing and needed to get it done.

As we went to sleep, I just could not believe that it was already our last night. I could still close my eyes and put myself back into our Contemporary room from the week before.

*July 31, 2010*

We woke up bright and early. Fiance and I got ready and let Mom and Dad know that we were heading to breakfast. As we walked to the HH, we talked about how much fun this trip had been, but we were ready to go home and see Little Guy. I was missing him like crazy.

We still had 2 TS credits left, I can’t remember why, so Fiance and I used them to have breakfast at Olivia’s. It was SO good! We decided that we were definitely going to come back for breakfast again. As we left, we said goodbye to the HH and promised to be back soon.

We walked back to our room and finished loading the car. As we did our final walk through to make sure we didn’t forget anything, I cried again. I cried as we shut off the final light and shut the door. I cried as we drove out of OKW. I cried as we went past the “See you real soon!” sign. And then, I just stared out the window for awhile. I HATE leaving. During my first trip there ever when I was 3 years old, Mom said she never saw me cry as hard as I did when we were leaving. I wanted to stay there and live forever. Not much has changed since then.

*And there you have it folks! The end of our TR! We drove from WDW to Nashville for the night. We stayed at the same hotel as we did on the way down. We even were put in the same room that Uncle, Little Guy, and Grandma and Grandpa had! We woke up the next day and made it home by 4 or 5 pm. We unloaded the car, then went straight over to Uncle’s to see everyone. We hooked all 3 of our cameras up to the tv and looked at all of our pictures from the trip. It was a fun way to already talk about the memories we made. I can tell you that I cannot wait to go back. And while we are unable to go this year due to work and school, it makes our honeymoon trip next year that much more exciting to look forward to. And, I can tell you that I cannot wait to see Kristen again. While it’s nice to be able to talk every single day on the phone, it’s just not the same as being in person. We hope to see each other before next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter