• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You've been married 25 years, what are you going to do now? Go to Disney World!

After our TOT marathon we headed over to Animations to ry and find Mickey, we still didn't have a picture with him and that just wouldn't do. I loved the new TS3 decor they had for Lotso's meet and greet, while we were there Grumpy got a call form work and spent quite a while on the phone so I took pictures to pass time,

DSCF6369.jpg

Love the kid artwork,

DSCF6372.jpg

DSCF6373.jpg

Grumpy was too busy talking to realize that I was putting him in Daycare while taking this picture,

DSCF6374.jpg

DSCF6375.jpg

DSCF6377.jpg

When Grumpy finally got off the phone the Big cheese himself showed up, he was great, taking time to pose the kids for some really cute pictures,

DSCF6378.jpg

Since we were right there we hung out to meet Lotso, and yes his meet and greet area did smell like strawberries, he gave Grumpy a great big hug,

DSCF6381.jpg

I told him that next time he had better push the button, to which he promptly shook his head "No",

DSCF6382.jpg

Next up, it was time to "Walk this Way" and take a Limo ride,

DSCF6385.jpg

Several Citizens of Hollywood were out and about,

DSCF6387.jpg

DSCF6390.jpg

DSCF6392.jpg

Grumpy always seems to find a girlfriend in Hollywood,

DSCF6395.jpg

We were meeting friends at HOB in DTD for lunch so we decided it was time to head back to OKW before taking the boat over to DTD

We had never tried Characters in Flight so we decided today would be agood day to give it a try, the wind was pretty strong so they were limiting the number of people on each flight to eight and spreading them out around the balloon, it was a neat experience, but a bit steep so based on the cost I don't think we'll be doing it again.

DSCF6398.jpg

DSCF6401.jpg

DSCF6402.jpg

DSCF6406.jpg

DSCF6407.jpg

We had a very relaxing lunch and enjoyed visiting with friends, HOB was not busy at all and were taking walk ups right away so we were seated immediately, the food was good so it gets a thumbs up, sorry no pictures we were to busy chatting.

Here's a picture of "Jenny" from Forest Gump,

DSCF6410.jpg

We were going back to AK for evening EMH, I had never been to AK after dark and wanted to give it a try so we headed back to OKW for an afternoon break.

For dinner we decided to try Rainforest Cafe at AK, surprisingly we were able to get in and were seated right away, we weren't that hungry after lunch so we both ordered a small salad with and appetizer. Grumpy order cheese sticks and a garden salad, I ordered cheese dip and a small ceasar salad, the cheese dip was topped with pico and it came out with thick cheese with a layer of water on top, I sent it back and just had the salad, which was plenty anyway. The restaurant is definitely loud but a fun atmosphere,

DSCF6412.jpg

AK after dark was fun, still hot, but not nearly as bad as when the sun was out,

DSCF6413.jpg

I don't have many pictures, as it was very dark and you can tell that the park wasn't intended to be open after sunset, EE was a lot of fun after dark, and it sure looked like the Yeti moved to me

Well today's the day, our actual anniversary, so our first stop of the day was Magic Kingdom,

DSCF6423.jpg

I don't have many pictures of the morning, but knowing us we headed over the Splash and Thunder, we got a fastpass to ride Splash later and rode Thunder. I love Philharmagic so that was a must do, this turned out to be the hottest day yet so we didn't spend much time there before heading offsite for lunch, but we did catch this parade on our way out,

DSCF6426.jpg

DSCF6427.jpg

DSCF6428.jpg

DSCF6431.jpg

Lunch was at Pizza Hut, nothing fancy but $17 for two buffets and drinks is a great deal when you're at Disney, and I'm a big fan of their Italian dressing.

Grumpy always seems to find a girlfriend in Hollywood,

DSCF6395.jpg

GREAT photo!!!!

Loved your photos of Characters in Flight. Loving all your photos!

Your photos of the Toy Story 3 drawings reminded me that we never went into that area this trip.

After lunch and a break at the resort it was time to head out for dinner, we were having dinner at Captains Grille at Yacht Club so that meant we would take the bus to Studios and the boat over to the Yacht Club, we left early enough to take a stroll through Studios before catching the boat, and get a frozen beverage, I had several of those this trip, even though because of my diabetes I shouldn't have had any, the park was definitely crowded,

DSCF6432.jpg

We caught the boat and made it as far a Swan/Dolphin when an elderly woman passed out on the boat, I was impressed with how quickly help arrived, they came by boat and had her checked out in no time, luckily she had regained conciousness, but they weren't taking any chances. Even though help got there quickly they didn't have a way to take her off the boat, so the paramedic had to go back to the Beach Club for a wheelchair, it was at this point that we decided we had better go ahead and walk the rest of the way, that would have been fine had it not been for the heat, the lobby in the resort felt wonderful when we finally got there and we enjoyed just sitting and cooling off.

Our server for dinner was Damien and he did a wonderful job, we started off with bread,

DSCF6434.jpg

Grumpy didn't get an appetizer but I had the ceasar salad, it was fresh, cold and good,

DSCF6435.jpg

For an Entree I chose the crab cakes, the crab cakes were really good but I didn't care for the arugala, I don't thnk it was the preparation, I think it was just my personal taste,

DSCF6436.jpg

Grumpy had the roasted chicken, he liked so much he cleaned his plate,

DSCF6437.jpg

For dessert I had the no sugar added gelato, it is delicious,

DSCF6440.jpg

Grumpy had the apple tart, he ate it all,

DSCF6439.jpg

And Damien brought us a special dessert for our anniversary,

DSCF6438.jpg

Notice the candles on our desserts? Damien lit them and had us blow each other's out. I'll definitely be returning to Captain's Grille

After dinner we caught the bus back to MK, we had fastpasses from earlier and wanted to see the fireworks again

Back at the MK it was jammed packed again so the fastpasses we had were really handy,

Here's Grumpy being Goofy on Thunder,

DSCF6445.jpg

DSCF6447.jpg

We noticed that even though the logs were coming down there was no water coming down the front of Splash mountain,

DSCF6449.jpg

We made our way over to the hub to claim a spot for the fireworks, it was insane, everywhere we tried to stand they would try to herd us up further. There was a small area roped off with a photographer in it, his name was Gene and he works for Disney's advertising, we chatted with him a bit but the CM's kept trying to move us away, he finally told us to get inside the roped area and watch the fireworks from there, thanks Gene, I don't think I could have managed the heat and being herded into the crowd like they were trying to do. I didn't take any photo's but the show was good, still not Wishes, but good.

Here's a couple of crowd shots afterwards,

DSCF6450.jpg

DSCF6452.jpg

We had a great day on our anniversary, despite the heat and crowds.

The next morning we did something that I never do while at Disney, we slept in. The heat was taking it's toll and this was a welcomed break. We even decided to go to a movie at DTD, the theatre there is huge and amazing. We saw the movie Inception, it was a bit strange for me, but maybe the fact that I kept dozing off had something to do with it. After the movie we stopped in Paradiso 37 for a light lunch, we ended up splitting the nachos and they were very good, Grumpy even asked that we put Paradiso on the agenda for the next trip.

DSCF6454.jpg

DSCF6456.jpg

DSCF6457.jpg

After doing some shopping and making a stop in Goofy's for a frozen beverage we headed back to OKW for a break before dinner at LeCellier and Illuminations at Epcot.

We made it to Epcot with some time to spare so we made a stop in Spaceship Earth, and I broke the rules and took a few flash photos,

DSCF6461.jpg

DSCF6462.jpg

Not too many so hopefully I won't get too many flames, here's our future, I thought it was funny that we are both facing the wrong direction while driving,

DSCF6466.jpg

DSCF6470.jpg

DSCF6474.jpg

We made our way over to LeCellier and checked in, as usual they were turning away walk ups, this little guy wanted his picture taken,

DSCF6476.jpg

Doesn't Grumpy look thrilled to be here?

DSCF6481.jpg

Once again Grumpy passed on the appetizer, that is unless you count the pretzel bread. I had the cheese soup,

DSCF6482.jpg

I tried the Mushroom filet,

DSCF6484.jpg

And Grumpy had the New York strip, he had moved the garnish before I took the picture,

DSCF6485.jpg

I don't think this meal was a good as those we've had in the past, it was good but I definitely wouldn't use two table service credits for it.

After dinner we toured the WS,

DSCF6486.jpg

This isn't a fountain I would have normally taken a picture of, but it caught my attention when I saw a woman fill her water bottle from it, and then drink it, :scared1:, I don't think you're supposed to drink the water.

Hi! I have lots of catching up to do. Just found this TR! We were there July 19-31, and actually stayed at OKW from the 24-31. What building were you in? We were in building 21.

I thought it was funny that we are both facing the wrong direction while driving,

This isn't a fountain I would have normally taken a picture of, but it caught my attention when I saw a woman fill her water bottle from it, and then drink it, :scared1:, I don't think you're supposed to drink the water.

It is the future-your vehicle drives itself!:laughing:

GROSS about the fountain!!!:scared1::sick:

Hi! I have lots of catching up to do. Just found this TR! We were there July 19-31, and actually stayed at OKW from the 24-31. What building were you in? We were in building 21.

Hi, we were in building 62, we loved it, we love OKW and although our next trip we'll be at Beach Club I'm sure we'll be back at OKW again.

It is the future-your vehicle drives itself!:laughing:

GROSS about the fountain!!!:scared1::sick:

I hope so, yeah I couldn't believe it when I saw her do it, I guess she thought it was fresh water?

It's been a rough week so no updates, but I'll try and finish up this weekend.

We had some time to kill before Illuminations, so we continued exploring WS,

DSCF6489.jpg

The evening concert was a Chicago tribute band, I'm old enough to remember Chicago and I really like them, Grumpy not so much since he's into classic Rock,

DSCF6492.jpg

DSCF6494.jpg

They started out fairly well, the musicians were actually pretty good, but I'm sorry to say that the singers were awful, after the third song we couldn't take anymore and left.

We found a great spot for Illuminations across form Germany, it was still early but since this would be the only time we watched Illuminations this trip it was worth the wait,

DSCF6496.jpg

DSCF6498.jpg

DSCF6501.jpg

There was a beautiful sunset that evening,

DSCF6504.jpg

DSCF6507.jpg

And as always Illuminations was great,

DSCF6520.jpg

DSCF6530.jpg

We took our time and let the crowd clear out and then had a leisurely stroll back to the bus, it turned out to be a wonderful evening.

Our Leave a Legacy picture is still there,

DSCF6536.jpg

Thursday morning we slept in again, on our way to the bus stop we stopped in to pay off the balance that we had charged to the room. We had been considering taking the DVC tour and this morning seemed like a good time, we stopped at the desk in the lobby and they set us up for the tour right away, they even sent over VIP transportation,

DSCF6537.jpg

The tour was very interesting, we went to the preview center at Saratoga Springs and toured models of BLT, and Kidani. Grumpy is ready to buy in, I, on the other hand want to wait, so we're not owners, yet.

After the tour we got VIP transportation to DHS, I had booked the Fantasmic dinner package at Hollywood and Vine. We hadn't seen Fantasmic in a while and we definitely didn't want to wait in line forever to try and get a seat so the dinner package was definitely the way to go.

Our first stop was the American Idol Experience, here's Ali, formally Frankie of the Public Works department,

DSCF6542.jpg

After the show the Citizens of Hollywood were out, here's our friend Jack Diamond,

DSCF6545.jpg

This is a new guy, I don't know his name,

DSCF6546.jpg

We stopped to watch Frederick, Filmore and the boss try and save the tree and the people,

DSCF6547.jpg

DSCF6549.jpg

And of course we had to take a ride on the Tower, I've wanted to get a picture of this guy in the basement for a while,

DSCF6553.jpg

Here's another Redneck picture, the couple next to us were trying to do all four parks in one day, this was their first time on the Tower,

DSCF6554.jpg

As many times as we've been to DHS this is the first time I noticed Rosie's Victory Garden and the fact that there are actually vegetables growing there,

DSCF6559.jpg

DSCF6555.jpg

DSCF6556.jpg

DSCF6557.jpg

DSCF6558.jpg

Dinner at H&V was alright, not fantastic but not bad, I know this restaurant gets some pretty bad reviews. Our server was an elderly gentleman named Bill and he was very sweet, he brought us a special anniversary dessert,

DSCF6560.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter