youtube videos - question for Craig

Disneybridein2k3

I am and I'm not afraid to admit
First, I LOVED LOVED LOVED the World of Color Winter Dreams video you put up - absolutely amazing!!! Thank you so much!
But I was wondering why that video along with a few others say it isn't available on the ipad (says Not available on this platform). I could watch them on my mac but it wouldn't allow me to watch on my ipad (so I couldn't put them on the apple tv - bummer). It says that for the Let It Go World of Color, the full WOC Winter Dreams, Let It Go Celebrate the Magic, Grand Fiesta, Glow With the Show Fantasmic debut, and Small World Holiday POV) along with a couple of park bench videos). I was thinking it was because of the video size but that wouldn't make sense with the park bench videos since some are okay and others aren't. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Stacy

Hi Stacy!

To make a long story short - the reason why you can't view some of the videos on an iPad, iPhone, iPod or AppleTV is because of the copyrighted content in the videos which is the music in the cases you mentioned. Anytime any video is put up on YouTube they have a system called ContentID which tries to match copyrighted content in the videos that are put up and when it happens the videos can either have ads put in front of them or in some cases they can be taken down all together. It is something we have no control over, but we are working our best to try to find a solution to this issue so all of our videos can be seen on mobile devices even if it requires a bit of advertising.

I know it is very irritating, but I have to say thank you for taking the time to watch our videos on your Mac even though you prefer watching them on your iPad and Apple TV. If there are any updates to the situation I will definitely post back to let you know, or hopefully you will be able to just see it when you go to watch the videos. Thanks again Stacy!

Also the video may not be able to be viewed on mobile devices. I know that sometimes happens sometimes on my android phone.

Very interesting comment Craig. I never realized there was a copyright issue with the background music on those park bench videos.
<deleted further comment as I thought it thru better> :surfweb:

Hi Stacy!

To make a long story short - the reason why you can't view some of the videos on an iPad, iPhone, iPod or AppleTV is because of the copyrighted content in the videos which is the music in the cases you mentioned. Anytime any video is put up on YouTube they have a system called ContentID which tries to match copyrighted content in the videos that are put up and when it happens the videos can either have ads put in front of them or in some cases they can be taken down all together. It is something we have no control over, but we are working our best to try to find a solution to this issue so all of our videos can be seen on mobile devices even if it requires a bit of advertising.

I know it is very irritating, but I have to say thank you for taking the time to watch our videos on your Mac even though you prefer watching them on your iPad and Apple TV. If there are any updates to the situation I will definitely post back to let you know, or hopefully you will be able to just see it when you go to watch the videos. Thanks again Stacy!

Thanks for the explanation Craig! Your videos are absolutely wonderful and I enjoy watching them on livestream and then again on youtube so I appreciate all you are doing. It certainly isn't an inconvenience to watch on the computer but I love being able to share them with the rest of the family by putting it on the tv. I was more curious than anything and saw it created some negative feedback on youtube - I knew there had to be a reason but couldn't figure out what it was. Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter