YouTube parents accused of abusing their kids for views

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Snap Crackle Pop, Apr 19, 2017.

1. luvsJack

luvsJack DIS Veteran

So you have some powers that tell you what some kid that you have never laid eyes on, wouldn't know if they walked up and hit you; feels about a prank. Good to know. :rolleyes1 You have a right to your opinion but my goodness you don't have to take it to the gutter and insinuate these things about the pp's family. That is YOUR mind going there, not theirs.

You obviously do not like pranks. They obviously do. Leave it at that.

2. wilkeliza

wilkeliza Registered

I did later clarify I wasn't judging the PP I was just saying it is possible for pranks to cross the line even if they seem harmless at first. Unfortunately that prank was just apart of the abuse I endured so again very different then the PP and before it gets twisted (not by you but it always happens here) I'm not saying I think the PP ever lets their kids cross a line with pranks or that small pranks automatically equals abuse. There has to be a lot more then 1 time throwing water on someone in the shower. It is like you said your kids know you fear spiders so if they threw plastic spiders at you all the time now that would be terrible and down right cruel but sister puts a fake spider in brothers cereal bowl or something and laugh away.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. AnnaFloridaLover

AnnaFloridaLover DIS Veteran

You are an adult. You can decide and be ok with your husband's pranking. As a child, you really don't have a choice, do you? It's quite a difference, to me, a husband pranking his wife in the shower vs a parent or sibling pranking someone in the shower. Anyway, I stand by my opinion on the subject and if you insist on taking it personal, I can't stop you.

Is shower pranking at the same level as the videos shown? Of course not. I would say a giant leap. Those pranks are absolutely mental abuse. No question.

5. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson DIS Veteran

Yeah ok..to be perfectly honest here I think you are deliberately ignoring what other posters are saying here. And there's no offense meant there it's just a frank statement.

Your opinion, when expressing it, would be more along the lines of "pranking doesn't work in my family we don't enjoy it I do understand my family isn't like others".....what you have been saying goes beyond sharing your opinion and insteads goes into the personal jab territory especially by repeatedly commenting in a certain way.

LilyWDW, MSLRAC, WorldWacky and 6 others like this.
  6. Soldier's*Sweeties

Soldier's*Sweeties DIS Veteran

I can assure you that no one in my household has a problem expressing their opinions or feelings... Not my children, heck not even our pets.

Grmnshplvr, LilyWDW, MSLRAC and 10 others like this.
  7. AnnaFloridaLover

AnnaFloridaLover DIS Veteran

Don't worry, I'm not internet offended. I think we can agree to disagree on the subject.

8. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Omg you should see my cat. He has no problem sassing us if say we don't give him his wet food when he wants it or we don't go upstairs for bed when he wants us to or go downstairs after waking up fast enough or we don't let him explore every day in the unfinished basement :rotfl2:

9. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Yes there is always agree to disagree...

mi*vida*loca likes this.
  10. StitchesGr8Fan

StitchesGr8Fan DIS Veteran

So have the parents from the videos pulled down the YouTube videos?

11. wilkeliza

wilkeliza Registered

They pulled some but the dad has spent most of the last few days on twitter and youtube trashing those who are conserned instead of just taking a step back and having some family time. To me that reaction speaks volume to his reasonig for doing the vlog. I don't agree with any death threats they have gotten but seems like putting out a statement and walking away would best.

12. Snap Crackle Pop

Snap Crackle Pop Space Mountain

I just feel for the kids, I haven't watched the videos on their channel but I'm watching people who have analyzed it and talked about it, here is another video where a guy talks about it:

Rumor has it though that the dad has deleted or made all his videos private so no one can see them.

Kellykins1218 likes this.
  13. RedAngie

RedAngie 80's New Wave Girl

Even if the videos are fake or exaggerated, as the father is now claiming, it takes a pretty sick mind to simulate child abuse in order to get attention.

WorldWacky, DLgal, luvsJack and 2 others like this.
  14. teller80

teller80 DIS Veteran

Is that what the parents are claiming? I hadn't heard.

No way am I buying it.

RedAngie likes this.
  15. Hikergirl

Hikergirl DIS Veteran

Ugh, I watched the link a couple posts up that had some clips of the videos.
    I can't believe what these parents do to their kids and what they make them do to eachother.
    I'm calling BS on them being fake. The one where the brother slapped his sister is not fake and he slapped the poor girl so hard and that ******* father celebrated it. These people are disgusting. The sad thing is that those kids think this kind of stuff is normal, that is why when the parents ask them if they are OK they say yes.

RedAngie likes this.
  16. Klayfish

Klayfish DIS Veteran

Ah, now we're getting to the root of your issue with pranks. Let me pull up a couch for you to lay on while I get my note pad and pen. I only charge $50/hr, so it's a bargain. :crazy: I'm kidding, I'm kidding...

Seriously though, we got it. You don't like pranks, think it's disrespectful, and everyone who does them is immature. I can't tell you that you're not allowed to feel that way. But I can tell you tons of people don't see it that way.

17. RedAngie

RedAngie 80's New Wave Girl

According to the link in Post #71, the father is claiming the "pranks" are either fake, staged, or exaggerated. This is in response to the backlash his previous You Tube videos have received. He sort of concedes that pushing his son into the bookcase may have been a little overboard, but claims they both just got a little carried away in their "acting." No big deal. :sad2:

18. SpaceMtnGirl

SpaceMtnGirl Mouseketeer

I watched a video on this Daddyofive channel by a Youtuber named Nerd City. (I won't link it here because the narrator uses some profanity). In it, there was a clip where the "prank" is on the youngest, Cody, and the parents tell him they are giving him up for adoption. I cried big ugly tears watching this poor child's reaction. I wanted to scoop him up, love him, tell him how awesome and wonderful and wanted he is. In the video he tries to escape by crawling under the bed, and his dad drags him out roughly. Cody pulls some of the bedrails out with him and his mom (actually step-mom) screams at him for breaking the bed. These people are CLEARLY abusing this child. In multiple clips, he has a bloody nose, bruises all over him. In one video (that I haven't seen) they go to Disney and leave Cody home because he's "bad" and has been smearing his feces on the walls -- CLEAR SIGN of an abused child. They antagonize this kid and then turn around and scream at him for being "bad" because of course he REACTS to being told he's bad and not loved or wanted. The mother flat out tells him in one video she doesn't like him, while he's already been crying so hard his poor face is swollen because he feels no one in the family wants him. I've been in distress over this since first hearing of these people last night and I hope something is done to help Cody (and all the kids really; they're all victims).

Soldier's*Sweeties likes this.
  19. katie01

katie01 DIS Veteran

WTH?! This is even worse than what we were seeing posted originally. I feel so very, very angry on behalf of these children, and can't believe that the parents weren't reported before now. How long have these psychos been posting videos? I can't believe they even had a "following" of people enjoying these videos as "entertainment". Sick.

tcufrog likes this.
  20. teller80

teller80 DIS Veteran

Ah. I didn't watch that video.

21. Soldier's*Sweeties

Soldier's*Sweeties DIS Veteran

I think they are staged, by the parents that is, but that doesn't make them any less abusive. It's not as if they sat the kids down and said, "Okay... I'm going to yell this to you, when I do that you cry..." etc. They staged scenarios that would upset their children and then they continued to do it to get even bigger reactions. All for Youtube views...Horrible.