YouTube parents accused of abusing their kids for views

There is so much I want to say about those parents, I just don't even know where to begin. I only watched the video in the OP, I won't watch any others.
Moronic trash, that is all I can say.

Those videos are terrible. What is going on in those videos is not what many people would think is harmless pranking that honest to gosh is just in all good fun.

What's going on is complete emotional abuse. Profanity like that, the anger and tone of voices, accusing of lying, letting the child cry like that. OMG I just cannot imagine how that kid thinks about in an environment like that. I can completely see those kids needing some sort of counseling at some point in their life. Imagine how they feel when their parents are screaming down at them, cursing at them and accusing them of lying. I forsee issues in their future adjusting. That kid with the glasses in their video where they give their rationale with the videos says he doesn't know what "traumatizing" means and that's sad because (Edited: removed word) I'm willing to bet as he grows older he will realize he has been traumatized at least in some way because of his parent's "pranks" as they call them.

Last edited:
I seriously question enjoying being surprise in the shower with a family member dunking cold water over someone's head. I guess we are just stick in the muds but that crap doesn't happen in our family. Where are the boundaries? Mother surprising son in the shower? Father surprising daughter? Brother surprising sister? Anyone surprising anyone who is taking a shower? Oh I can't imagine how hilarious that would be. Anyway, like I said, some obviously enjoy pranking but I would think mostly people grow out of that kind of humour when they are adults.

Oh for pete's sakes. Really?? That's where your mind goes? Even if Dad dumped water on son or Mother on daughter--showers have curtains or doors, you dump the water from above either of those. Once the kid or parent learns to lock the door, prank over.

Since her family ENJOYS actual pranks (not the abuse of the videos), then obviously its funny to them and they enjoy "getting" each other. My goodness.

Oh for pete's sakes. Really?? That's where your mind goes? Even if Dad dumped water on son or Mother on daughter--showers have curtains or doors, you dump the water from above either of those. Once the kid or parent learns to lock the door, prank over.

Since her family ENJOYS actual pranks (not the abuse of the videos), then obviously its funny to them and they enjoy "getting" each other. My goodness.

I'll just say as the youngest sibling and only sister who often fell victim to this particular "prank" it did cause me a lot of issues. My brothers were just jerks with it and good old father didn't care. Even if I locked the bathroom door they would jimmy it open and come do it. Still 10 years after moving out I am jumpy in the shower. Of course I imagine other parents tell their kids enough is enough. I can't remember taking a shower where I didn't get ice water poured over my head as a teen.

I'll just say as the youngest sibling and only sister who often fell victim to this particular "prank" it did cause me a lot of issues. My brothers were just jerks with it and good old father didn't care. Even if I locked the bathroom door they would jimmy it open and come do it. Still 10 years after moving out I am jumpy in the shower. Of course I imagine other parents tell their kids enough is enough. I can't remember taking a shower where I didn't get ice water poured over my head as a teen.

That's really crappy what you went through with your brothers. I can't imagine parents being ok with that but obviously some here think shower pranks are hysterical.

I seriously doubt that the person being pranked actually enjoys it. And yes, really, that's where my mind goes. Shower pranks are sick, in my opinion and you can't shame me into thinking otherwise. If you are old enough to take a shower alone, you are old enough for the respect of privacy.

That's really crappy what you went through with your brothers. I can't imagine parents being ok with that but obviously some here think shower pranks are hysterical.

I'll admit the first time it was funny after the fact. When it became an all the time thing it just sucked. I imagine the PP who do it don't let it become an all the time thing.

I'm not even going to waste my time defending my family anymore.

Think what you want...

I don't know why you insist on defending your family. You are cool with that prank and apparently your kids love being pranked. I'm not cool with those types of pranks nor would anyone in my family be. To each his own. It's not personal.

No. It's not, and the first time anyone said they were bothered by it, it would stop. But what do we know? Apparently we're "sick" anyway.:rolleyes1

I don't think your sick. Like I pointed out it can become an issue but it isn't always. It is just like the sink prank. Sure on the first hot day of the year when the house is clean and everyone is relaxing throw the rubber band around the handle and squirt dad/mom. It becoming an all the time thing where no one can trust to even turn on the sink totally different story. I don't think there is anything wrong with your family playing silly pranks on each other was just letting another poster know that yes even those little pranks can cross a line at some point.

I'm not sure why you are so defensive. I've said again and again, these are my opinions, and to each his own.
Well I can actually understand why the poster is frustrated with your portrayal of her family as well as others who have had that happened to them:

--
You can say that it's your opinion and to each his own and yet at the same time you are obviously taking a personal jab which at least to me has come across in several posts.

Not looking for any argument here but giving you my observation.

Maybe I am being defensive but I think if you went back and put yourself in my shoes reading your responses, you might have been too. If I took them wrong, my bad, but I don't think I've overreacted.

I didn't say you were sick, I said the shower prank was sick. I've also been the victim of pranks by a brother. Didn't appreciate them then and wouldn't let my own kids get away with them. Some are harmless fun, others are just plain mean. And I have a "thing" about respect and privacy and the shower prank crosses the line for me. And I don't think I've overreacted either.

Well I can actually understand why the poster is frustrated with your portrayal of her family as well as others who have had that happened to them:

--
You can say that it's your opinion and to each his own and yet at the same time you are obviously taking a personal jab which at least to me has come across in several posts.

Not looking for any argument here but giving you my observation.

Where exactly was the personal jab? That I think shower pranks crosses the line? Yes. I do.

Where exactly was the personal jab? That I think shower pranks crosses the line? Yes. I do.
Well ok...this is what I mean------I bolded the parts that stuck out most in my mind.

That nonsense would never fly in my house. I'm sure your kids love it.
Maybe not a real jab but came across to me as in a not-so-nice sarcastic way. Again maybe you didn't mean it to come across that way.

I seriously question enjoying being surprise in the shower with a family member dunking cold water over someone's head. I guess we are just stick in the muds but that crap doesn't happen in our family. Where are the boundaries? Mother surprising son in the shower? Father surprising daughter? Brother surprising sister? Anyone surprising anyone who is taking a shower? Oh I can't imagine how hilarious that would be. Anyway, like I said, some obviously enjoy pranking but I would think mostly people grow out of that kind of humour when they are adults.
I'm ignoring the over exaggeration of the family members cuz well just cuz.

Already quoted but yeah..aimed at posters who mentioned shower pranks.

I seriously doubt that the person being pranked actually enjoys it. And yes, really, that's where my mind goes. Shower pranks are sick, in my opinion and you can't shame me into thinking otherwise. If you are old enough to take a shower alone, you are old enough for the respect of privacy.
Now yes that is your opinion for sure but it's not too hard to make the leap that you could be implying that someone who has done shower pranking is sick.

I don't know why you insist on defending your family. You are cool with that prank and apparently your kids love being pranked. I'm not cool with those types of pranks nor would anyone in my family be. To each his own. It's not personal.
With all due respect it has come off as personal.

____
Now obviously I'm not saying you aren't allowed to have that opinion on pranking. It's not something that would work in your family, you don't want to experience it. That I totally get given that my husband likes to scare me by jumping out at me and has one time did the cold water shower thing. But it's another thing to make comments that are aimed at your disgust at other posters and what works in their family. Multiple people have mentioned that it's not the sort of pranking that the YouTube video was showing by any means and that it sounded more like the poster you were most commented about was pranking in all good fun and that for their family it doesn't cross that line that is there. Pranking is also being used as a broad term but I think we all agree that what is being shown in the YoubTube video is not what most people would consider pranking.

I am sorry you went through that. You father should have stopped your brothers went he saw that it was bothering you. For many its just a funny prank. You can't judge the reaction of the poster's kids by your reaction. I am terrified of spiders, for instance. My kids knew that they should never, ever throw a plastic spider at me as a joke. But other jokes/pranks were fine. Someone else, while they may jump, would find it funny in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter