Youth Activities CM- Ask Me Anything

WishUponAStarryNight

DIS Veteran
Thanks ! I have a couple questions. First, are 10 year olds able to go to Edge? Second, can a child come and go from the club during their registered time or do they need to be there at the start and stay until the end?

KT2038

Mouseketeer
Thanks ! I have a couple questions. First, are 10 year olds able to go to Edge? Second, can a child come and go from the club during their registered time or do they need to be there at the start and stay until the end?
Hi! Sometimes a 10 year old may be able to go to Edge. Depends on how many 11-14 year olds there are on the cruise. You will have to ask the Counselors in Edge when you are on board.
Yes children can still come and go if they want to :)

Momof3PrincesAndAPrincess

Earning My Ears
Curious if there really seems like enough to do for teens right now. We don’t sail until January, but I’m concerned that my 15 year old will not have enough to do with covid restrictions and not being able to join his brothers in Edge.

GlassAct

Hoping to board a November 2021 Cruise
How late are the kids clubs open? We have late dining, any chance the kids go after, or will they be closed? Thanks!

evedein

Mouseketeer
When we cruised in 2019, older kids in Oceaneer's could sign themselves out. Is that still the case with Covid? Grandson will be 9y/o when we cruise in January. Also, can they sign themselves in or just out? Since they need a reservation at the Club now & need to leave then return even if ressies are back to back, wondering if parent needs to be there for sign out/sign in or if he can do it himself.

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• KT2038

Mouseketeer
    When we cruised in 2019, older kids in Oceaneer's could sign themselves out. Is that still the case with Covid? Grandson will be 9y/o when we cruise in January. Also, can they sign themselves in or just out? Since they need a reservation at the Club now & need to leave then return even if ressies are back to back, wondering if parent needs to be there for sign out/sign in or if he can do it himself.
    I think I may have replied to this on another thread, but yes, a 9 year old can check themselves out. Any child of any age can check themselves in without a parent.

• ambula603

Mouseketeer
    I have a 10-year-old and a 12.5-year old that want to stay together when they do things...what are my best options on the Dream at the moment?

BlueFairy

DIS Veteran
    Is there any scenario where my 13 year old and 16 year old can hang out in the same club space?

DietCokeMommy

Mouseketeer
    It really depends on how busy the cruise is. Come and chat to us once onboard and we will try and help you book additional sessions.
    Is that something the concierge hosts could help with too or do we need to go ourselves?

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
    It really depends on how busy the cruise is. Come and chat to us once onboard and we will try and help you book additional sessions.
    I agree it depends--not just on how busy the cruise is but how many of them are kids. We asked daily at the clubs but were unable to book any additional times for our kids. We were on a weekend sailing, and had 700 kids, and the cruise right before ours was on weekdays and only had 200 kids. Cruises on weekends or over school breaks will often have more kids than weekdays during the school year.

You can also check in the app for additional times. We saw a couple of times pop up at various times, but they were just for a single kid and we had 3 kids.

lanejudy

I have a 10-year-old and a 12.5-year old that want to stay together when they do things...what are my best options on the Dream at the moment?
    Is there any scenario where my 13 year old and 16 year old can hang out in the same club space?
    If either of you are ok with the kids being "out and about" rather than in the kids' club spaces -- they can do things like movies, mini-golf, pool, aquaduck, mid-ship detective agency, etc. Anything labeled as "family" on the Navigator. They can also attend any kids' space together during Open House times.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!