"You're The Best Dad In The World" Christmas Trip Report (with pictures)

I'm baaaaack and I'm done!

1. I was thinking how cool it would be to meet up with you all at Disney. But then I knew that I would NOT be able to be in a pic with your wife! How in the world is she able to look THAT good ALL the time?! AND she had on makeup! She needs a round of applause!!!!!

2. Don't feel bad about not leaving EPCOT early when your son felt bad. The fact that you feel bad NOW, shows what a great Dad you are :goodvibes

3. Thanks for writing this report. I know how time consuming, and frustrating they can be. This was REALLY fun!

HA!!!!

If we are ever down there together we will get some good pictures. My wife is a lot of fun!

DS did fine until Hopper came out. For those of you who have not seen the show I will not spoil it for you but I have to tell you about this one part of the show. There was this one part of the show when the room filled up with smoke ( and DS thought it was something that was going to get him) and air was blowing , and lights were flashing, and..... "MOMMY GET ME OUT OF HEEEERRRRRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" DS put a G.I. Joe grip on my DW's left arm after he threw his 3D glasses across the auditorium and popped some other kid in the head! That kid started screaming because he/she thought Hopper did it! The kid behind us started swinging into the smoke trying to hit Hopper but hit DS in the back of his head which lead to DS swinging and................O.K. but DS did yell, "MOMMY GET ME OUT OF HEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and throw his 3D glasses off and G.I. Joe Grip DW's left arm.:rotfl2:

One mom after the show said, "Disney ought to be ashamed of themselves scaring all these kids like that!" I personally thought the show was great but I guess it can be a little intimidating for younger kids.

I'm with your son and that mom - that show traumatized me! And I am not a younger kid. I had the glasses off and sat at the very edge of my seat before it was over. It is the only ride that I will not go on at WDW.

I'm loving your report - very cute family!

Just found your TR. I really enjoyed it. We are planning on going to Disney this December for our first time there during the holiday happenings and we can't wait. We hope to do a cruise some day (when our youngest is older) so I really liked seeing your pics from that also. You have some absolutely great photopass pics of your family that I'm sure you already have framed. Great job on the TR.

Thanks for sharing your vacation memories! It sure looks like you guys had a fabulous time. You have a beautiful family. :)

I'm with your son and that mom - that show traumatized me! And I am not a younger kid. I had the glasses off and sat at the very edge of my seat before it was over. It is the only ride that I will not go on at WDW.

I'm loving your report - very cute family!
:lmao: We have been trying for 6 years now to get through that whole show!

Just found your TR. I really enjoyed it. We are planning on going to Disney this December for our first time there during the holiday happenings and we can't wait. We hope to do a cruise some day (when our youngest is older) so I really liked seeing your pics from that also. You have some absolutely great photopass pics of your family that I'm sure you already have framed. Great job on the TR.

WDW is something special during the holiday season! We really felt like we were in a dream land. Your family is going to absolutely love the holiday happenings in WDW!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your vacation memories! It sure looks like you guys had a fabulous time. You have a beautiful family. :)

Thank you so much!

Great Trip Report! I really enjoyed it. You have a beautiful family and I am so thrilled that you guys had such a wonderful trip. Glad your son had a magical bday.:wizard:

Disney Fanatic, how was the weather while you were in the park and on the cruise? We are considering doing another Land and Sea trip and we were thinking of going in January 2010. We have never been to Disney or Cruised during that month before. I know your trip was close to that time. What was the average temp in the parks and on your cruise? Any info would be helpful. Thanks:yay:

Disney Fanatic, how was the weather while you were in the park and on the cruise? We are considering doing another Land and Sea trip and we were thinking of going in January 2010. We have never been to Disney or Cruised during that month before. I know your trip was close to that time. What was the average temp in the parks and on your cruise? Any info would be helpful. Thanks:yay:

It was in the mid to upper 60 range most of our trip. The day of our cruise and the last day of our trip (Christmas Day) The temperatures were in the low 70s. The day we were at Castaway Cay it was a beautiful 75. We carried our jackets to the parks and kept them in lockers in case we needed them.

The only time I remember being cold was the night we saw Fantasmic. Our Jackets were in the lockers and the temperatures took a dip. I thought the weather was beautiful. It was warm enough to get in the pool during the day and nice enough at night to wear a sweatshirt. I hope this helps.

Hey everybody. Don't forget to watch Samantha Brown's new Disney World Special on the Travel Channel Tonight at 9pm! :thumbsup2

"Daddy, you're the best daddy in the whole world! I love you!"

I will second that---You are the best daddy in the whole world!!:sad: (I am tearing up reading this--I hope my daughter says something like that to me one day---maybe next year at WDW?)

"Daddy, you're the best daddy in the whole world! I love you!"

I will second that---You are the best daddy in the whole world!!:sad: (I am tearing up reading this--I hope my daughter says something like that to me one day---maybe next year at WDW?)
:thanks: and God Bless you. I should have titled my TR "You're the Best Son In The World." He really appreciates things that his mom and I do for him which makes us want to do more. I'm sure you're daughter will shower you with many compliments while at WDW. Disney has a way of softening a kids heart.

"He really appreciates things that his mom and I do for him which makes us want to do more."

You are truly blessed; your family is lovely. My daughter is an only child too. I cannot describe why but there is something special about being a threesome. I can't wait to take my daughter to DW--next year for her 5th birthday.

"He really appreciates things that his mom and I do for him which makes us want to do more."

You are truly blessed; your family is lovely. My daughter is an only child too. I cannot describe why but there is something special about being a threesome. I can't wait to take my daughter to DW--next year for her 5th birthday.
There's no better place than WDW to celebrate special occassions like birthdays. :thumbsup2

I just wanted to make a post here in rememberance of "Bawb." Bob will be truly missed on the DIS Pod Cast. He read one of my questions back in November '07 on the Pod Cast and I saw him on his "Kart" leaving EPCOT in December. I will truly miss hearing his voice on the Pod Cast. It will be so different without him. May God bless the Varley family and The DIS Pod Cast Team with peace and comfort. :sad1:

Bawb-Graphic-200.jpg
bawb.jpg

Thank you for your TR and for your nice post about Bob.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter