• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You're never too old for a family trip! Trip Report! UPDATED! LAST CHAPTER!!

Wow! I haven't updated in a while! LOL i've been so busy! For those who didn't know, i just got a promotion at work so i'm working 40+ hours a week, while balancing my classes at school (which thank god end week after next, my life should get easier!)

If you notice in my sig, i've been concentrating a lot on the W.I.S.H boards because 2 weeks ago I made the conscious decision to become a healthier me! The reason i'm telling you this is because one of the incentives I've done is list some rewards for myself (10 pounds lost=10 dollar gift card etc) and if my ultimate WL goal is reached, guess where i'm headed in the fall!? DISNEYWORLD!!! I really want to create this as a reward for myself, and i've included my mother because if I go in the fall it would be a great way to spend some last minute time alone with my mommy princess: before i move back to new york next year. We've already discussed going for the week (hey why not, paid vacation! wahoo! lol) and spend a day and a half on-site at US (something we've never done) and head over to disney, staying at her choice (the polynesian) or my choice (ANYWHERE lol, actually, Wilderness Lodge i think) So anyway, on to the trip report!

Where we left off, We were heading over to primetime cafe to see if we could get seated early for our 5:10 ADR (it was around 4:30) So when i got there, we checked in, the CM said he would see what he could do, and 5 minutes later we were sitting down! Good thing right? that would leave us time for seats at fantasmic, right? We'll see...

So the first thing Michael and I did was order the special shirley-temple-esque sodas with the glowy cubes.

michaelcup.jpg

Coming to this restaurant has been a tradition in my family for years, every disney trip we've come here, and this is the first time i was slightly dissapointed. It took FOREVER for food, our waitress was funny, but could have been better, and when i got my "i cant wait for this pot roast!" pot roast, it was fatty and i had to eat around it, because we literally didn't have time to send it back.

So while we're sitting there, i'm looking at the clock and its already 6:00 and i knew that on a crowded day like today (with ESPN and all) we had to get to fantasmic for seats. The parents suggested we go ahead and get seats and they'll meet up with us later after they get the check. Great plan, right? Michael, David and I high tail it out of there heading for what i think is the right stadium. Somehow we end up trapped between buildings, frantically searching for a way to get towards that giant hotel in the sky. The nearby castmember points a certain direction and we end up having to go "aaallll the way around" to get to the theatre. Oh you mean where everybody else is going? right. So we make it to the stadium, and i contemplate snagging a light up Mickey Mouse and decide against it. With proper planning, i've decided next time to eat dinner inside the theater itself, and avoid the panic and heartache.

fantasmicbefore.jpg

So we're sitting here and time is ticking, the hour is going by, faster and faster, and yet, mom and dad are no where in sight and its starting to get crowded. Fast. I give them a ring and they inform me, 30 minutes later, they are STILL waiting for the check. What? I sighed heavily and turned my attentions towards the faculty staff seated in front of us. Actually, Michael and I were pretty interested in their conversation. They were formulating a roatating chart that would determine what chaperone would be stationed at what floor of the hotel. Could you imagine being as tired as you usually are after disney and then not being able to go to sleep? I would die. The whole faculty staff meeting enticed me because it brought me back to 7th grade Boston field trips and 8th grade washington field trips. I was listening in on their conversation when one of the students, who apparently were all the way on the other side came over and told the faculty staff they were trying to start a wave and they needed their help. A Wave? Where are we? Shea Stadium? So the tiny tot retreats back to his classmates and you start to see a little bit of disney magic. After about 3 or 4 failed attempts, the entire stadium, young and old, begins to agree and we literally...do.the.wave. :confused3 We did it about 2 or 3 times and then you know how it goes, it got old. That and it was already dark and hard to see the wave anyway. So now it was 5 minutes to 7 and after several failed phone calls to the 'rents, they called and told us they were at the top looking for us. FINALLY! an hour to get a check?? Come on disney!

Fantasmic was incredible, it left my entire family including myself awe-struck, and now the instrumental music is on my iPod because it takes me back to this great show. It's a definite must-see for our future trips!

After the show, we contemplated what to do next. The original plan was to go to Downtown Disney and then take the boat back to the resort since we hadn't done that yet, but my dad wanted to go to MK because they were having EMH. I was really tired and wanted to save MK for our last day (tomorrow) but he insisted so off we went to find the bus to the transportation center, for TWO PARK NIGHTS IN ONE!

As you may have guessed, the line for the TTC was ridiculous and a lightbulb went off in my ingenious little head. Why don't we take the bus to the contemporary and then take the monorail to MK? Brilliance!! there was hardly a line for the contemporary as we walked right to the front and looked at all the suckers who weren't as smart as I was! that's right!

Only one problem. Bus after bus after bus came and left and came again, and we were still standing there like the suckers. Where was this bus? I guess i didn't calculate the concept that the contemporary hotel was about as far away from us as possible, and the turn around time for a bus to go there and come back would probably take 20 minutes. Oops. Evil glares and stares melted me down but finally the bus arrived and we boarded with just a few other families. On the ride over, I got in a conversation with these adorable little boys who desperately wanted to trade pins with me, they loved pin trading, everything about it, from their cars pin that they would trade me, they loved their mickey pin they would trade me, they loved to trade! Unfortunately, i didn't want to give up any of my pins since i had just bought them that day. Looking back, i should have just given one up, it was just a stupid pin, and it would made their night. But there were 2 kids, and that would mean letting go of 2 of my 4 pins. It didn't seem to bother them too much, as after i declined, they just stood up and touched all the pins i had on going "i like this one, i like this one!" When we reached the contemporary, they got off, went to their room, and the couple my parents spoke to, had the same idea we did, and boarded the monorail for MK.

So we're on the monorail, and i really didn't think this through. Now we had to stop at both the GF and the Ply before arriving at MK, oh brother.

When we finally get there, it was around 9:20 because it was the middle of Wishes, and we got our bracelets right outside the park and headed towards adventureland fighting the Wishes crowd the entire way.

We walked on to Pirates AGAIN (i friggin love this ride) and when we got off the park thinned out from the people going home. At 10PM was SpectroMagic, something we knew we wanted to do, but i also knew that even though it was 30-40* I had to go on Splash Mountain. No way would I let the opportunity pass. I raced on to the ride, and joined the only other stupid family, crazy enough to go on it with me.

I LOVE THIS RIDE!! I WAS WET, COLD, SHIVERING, TIRED, BUT IT WAS SOOO WORTH IT! It has to be my favorite ride, to go to such lengths, but i loooove it.

So we didn't walk far to secure our spot for Spectro Magic, and enjoyed that parade as well.

spectro3.jpg

spectro1.jpg

spectro2.jpg

After the parade we were all pretty beat, so we decided to head back to the room, but first we had to stop to get funnel cake. 30 minutes (yes, 30 minutes!) later we had our cake, so we reluctantly headed back. Our hearts wanted to say but our bodies refused :sad1:

When we got to the room, i took a picture one last time, knowing that this was the last time we would see the beds made.

mickeytowel.jpg

Up Next: Our last day takes us to Epcot and Downtown Disney :cool2:

Nicole!

Welcome back to page one!!

Your dad sounds like he wanted to squeeze every single drop out of your vacation....and he really had to twist your arm to go along with him! :rotfl:

Kathy

Ya! Your back! I can't wait to hear the end...oh..I can...I hate the end!

I hope all is well at work and congrats on the goals!

Loving it Nicole, thanks for the update, can't wait for more!!!! We'll have to give the "glowy cubes" from Primetime a try when we're there, the kids will love them.
Lesley

This is my last chapter :( I really enjoyed writing it and reliving all those magical moments of the trip!! Sorry it took so long to post this, i'm going through something right now, i'm not sure what it is, but i've kind of been down..But hopefully i'll be headed for another trip real soon so that only means another TR!

So our last day began with us unloading the room and packing up the van. We woke up early for this one and i was really starting to feel the tiredness all at once. I entrusted my cousin to grab my laptop bag holding my precious baby inside, and as we began our journey CRASH! The bag hit the floor! I shrugged it off because it was in a cordourouy sleeve inside of a messenger bag so of course its fine and we continue our way.

For our final breakfast we chose Boatwrights. We got there at opening and just sat right down with a couple of other people. We wanted to try the Sweet Potato Pancakes but weren't sure if we would like them but the server brought them over to taste! THey were soooooo soooo good!

boatwrights.jpg

Mom and I went to the shop to pick up the stuff they sent to the hotel, and to pick up some aspirin since i was feeling under the weather. We brought the stuff to the car, and decided to take the bus to Epcot and come back later for the car. We decided the only park we didn't get to appreciate so far was Epcot and its a family favorite so we gave it a go!

We started in future world where i snapped this cool pic of michael:

michaelfountain.jpg

then we headed over to club cool so michael could get his last fix of Mezzo Mix...you know they really should sell the soda there!

While there i made my first trade of the trip! Before we headed over to club cool, i stopped at pin traders and bought one of those mysterious pin boxes that come with 2 pins...i liked one, and i didnt like the other one so i held on to it for trade!

So while michael and david were oogling the mezzo mix, i walked over to see if i could actually buy it, when i noticed the CM sharing his pins with other adult guests. One pin i saw caught my eye immediately! It was a vintage-looking spectro magic pin with mickey on it! It was the perfect size too! I wish i had a pic of it, but i'll just explain that it was awesome lol so i traded my mystery pin and added my first trade under my belt, boy what a rush!

After that, we decided to go on TT but by the time we got there, the line was already 40 minutes so we decided to skip it. My mom really wanted to on Ellen's Adventure, something I really didnt want to do, but i reluctantly went on...and after about 10 minutes....i konked out. Yes ladies and gentlmen, feverish, tired nicole, fell asleep on a ride!

So we got out i still didnt feel well, but we decided to go to lunch. electric umbrella was closed which was a bummer so we decided to go to the world showcase for some american food. We took the boat over and went to America which was "okay" Sorry i dont have a lot of pics, michael had the camera at this point as i videotaped.

After we ate, we started walking the worlds! First stop was italy, we took a bunch of pics while mom and dad shopped around

italy.jpg

next was Japan and David found some interesting puzzles

japan.jpg

We walked over to Germany & Morocco once at Germany we found a really cool disney cookbook to buy that had the sweet potato pancakes in it, so we picked it up!

The line for maelstrom was too long (bummer!) so we walked over to china to play

china1.jpg

china2.jpg

china3.jpg

Michael and I went into Mexico and i saw the future site of Gran Fiesta

mexico.jpg

So Epcot was a blast but we were all beat and knew we had to get on the road, so we went back to the resort for the last time, and hopped in the car to stop at Downtown Disney. While there, we split up but we didnt have enough time so by the time we got to World of Disney time was up and we had to meet up with the parents. However we DID get to find the hidden mickey! And i had enough gear as it was :(

On the way back home i wanted to upload the pictures so i unwrapped my Powerbook and noticed that the fall did damage!! It deformed the port that the power adapter goes into meaning that i couldnt plug it in! I was so upset! After just spending so much money i had to go get a new laptop now?? So i did what everyone does when they leave Disney: I cried. I cried because iw as leaving disney and i cried for my baby Powerbook. Luckily, i was able to fix it no problem that night, but i probably cried for more than just that.

So i hope you enjoyed the TR! Thanks for reading!

pintraders.jpg

What a sad ending. :(

Anyway, I just stumbled upon your TR and got to read it all in one sitting! It was very entertaining! I loved the surprises that you made for your mom and your brother--you're a very caring person! I'm glad you had a great time and good luck with the weight loss and I can't wait for your next one!

No, say it ain't soo...over... I am bummed at the sad ending! I cry when I leave too, but the powerbook ...good thing you were ablte to fix it!

I hope you find the happy place in your life again. Sometimes life deals us some struggles..but if you work at it, you can always get through them. I promise.

Sorry that you had such a bad ending to such a wonderful trip. Reading your report has made me really look forward to our upcoming trip in Feb '08. Thanks for sharing with us and I loved all the pictures and I'm glad you were able to fix your laptop.
Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter