::You're going back AGAIN?!? Our February Family Trip! HOUSE update 4/1!!!::

Sunday February 22, 2009

Our first full day in Disney!!!

We were not in a big hurry when we got up, we had the WHOLE WEEK! ahead of us, and just wanted to hang out and enjoy ourselves at our "home". DH and I both woke up around 9 or so, got dressed and headed out on our bikes. That is one of our favorite things to do at Ft. Wilderness, get up in the morning and take long bike rides. We love to bike anyway, but especially there.

I dont have alot of notes, so I'm not sure exactly where we rode to, but usually we went around most of the campground, down near the pool/Meadow area, and most of the time we would take the path over to Wilderness Lodge. And I obviously didn't take my camera because I have no pictures from this morning. sorry. I don't have many at all from the very beginning of the trip, but I did get better, promise. :goodvibes

Anyway, we came back to the camper and showered and got cleaned up, and then we all fixed some lunch before we left for the day. Super mom had gotten stuff together before we left, and she had made some chicken mix that she just had to defrost and heat up. We had chicken quesadillas and salad, and ate outside at the picnic table. so nice.

We decided to go to Animal Kingdom for the day, since according to TGM it was the least crowded, other than Epcot, and we would be there the next day for our ADR, so AK it was! I was kinda sad-some of my friends I've met here over on the W&HM board I knew were at Magic Kingdom for the day. It was one of their bdays that day, and I had really wanted to see them! boo.

Anyway, we left the campground around 1, headed to Animal Kingdom! I took this picture as we waited for a bus....

RandomOct2008045.jpg

The first thing I wanted to do was try to get FP's for Everest, bc I knew DH would want to ride, and I figured my dad would too, so DH wouldn't be stuck alone again. Well the line was crazy, and I think FP's were gone, and my dad didn't feel like riding. DH was going to get in the single rider line, but then didn't-I dont remember now why not. Maybe it was just really long. I felt bad that he didn't get to ride it, but he insisted he didn't care.

We saw that a Nemo show was starting soon, so we decided to go wait for that, since we were so close and my mom and I love it. We got in the line area, they weren't letting people in yet. We stood and waited for a little bit, and then my dad was wanting a drink, so DH and I said we'd go get it and I needed to run to the restroom anyway. We went down to Dinoland, used the rr and then got in line at a cart for a diet coke. It was the line that NEVER MOVED. The guy working seemed like he didn't know what he was doing, or something, I dont know. Oh my gosh it was ridiculous. My mom called, and asked if we were almost done, that the line was moving. I assumed that they could just save 2 seats for us and we'd be ok. wrong. By the time we got back up there, we found out you have to have your whole party together. I said they should have just gone in, and we'd sit separately. Oh well. We went in and all the seats that they were letting anyone use were way up, all the way at the far end of the theater. not fun. Luckily, about 10 minutes later they opened up the far right front seats, and alot of people moved, so we got to move down into the first row of that top section, and more towards the middle. I of course took a few pictures...

RandomOct2008046.jpg

The show was awesome, I can't believe we missed it for so long! It's one of my favorites now!

After Nemo we headed towards the Safari. The parade was getting ready to start, so we had to make our way through the obstacles of people standing waiting, and then by the time we got back to Africa and Harambe, the parade was coming the other way and we had to squeeze through to get to the line. It worked out great though because there was NO LINE! We walked right on, I love that. Our driver was awesome too...we've gotten some pretty boring drivers who you can tell are obviously bored themselves, and its just not great. But this guy was hilarious, you could tell he was entertaining himself and just saying random stuff, we were all dying. SO funny. And I got the chance to play with my camera, and I'm so proud of some of the pictures I got! It zooms in SO good, my old one could never do this good!....

RandomOct2008047.jpg

RandomOct2008048.jpg

RandomOct2008049.jpg

RandomOct2008054.jpg

RandomOct2008056.jpg

RandomOct2008057.jpg

RandomOct2008058.jpg

RandomOct2008059.jpg

RandomOct2008052.jpg

RandomOct2008050.jpg

After the Safari we decided to go on to Rafiki's Planet Watch...I really just like the train ride, to be honest. But the parade was still going on, and we just wanted to avoid the chaos. We rode the train, and then got off and walked around the Conservation Station for a little bit. We were intrigued by the hospital section back there, we saw the video playing on a screen, and were fascinated by the huge gorilla they had on there, laid out on the table in surgery. We were just talking about how crazy that would be to see. We saw that they do the surgeries and stuff in the mornings, and discussed coming back to see something like that one day. It was also getting closer to closing time so we knew we were missing a good bit, so we wanted to try to come back again anyway.

We got on a train back to the front, and by the time we got back we knew we needed to start heading out, esp if we wanted to beat the rush out, bc the park was going to be closing in about an hour. We had talked about going to DTD for awhile, and getting dinner out there, but my parents really didn't want to...since we'd gotten a late start in the parks they wanted to go to another park! This was shocking to DH and I....before we'd left for the trip, my mom had said how they wanted to spend more time just relaxing around the campground and doing other stuff, and didn't want to spend all the time in the parks like normal. That was cool with us, we'd just been in December, and we weren't in a rush to get there. And then it ended up being my parents who were all about the parks, after all. funny.

Anyway, we decided to go to Epcot! We walked through some stores on the way out, my mom loves all the gift shops at AK. We talked about where we might go to dinner at Epcot, I mentioned how cool the Mexican place is, but how overpriced and it doesnt get reviews, plus we prob couldn't get in anyway. Mom thought it was a good idea though and said we should check it out. We didn't have to wait long for a bus, and were on our way to Epcot!

We got there, and decided to head on back towards the countries and see what we could find. As we were walking towards World Showcase, I heard someone call my name. It was Lindsay! The birthday girl! I was so excited to see her, after talking to her pretty much everyday online, it was so cool to meet her and her DF Chris. They are getting married NEXT MONTH at the Wedding Pavilion at Disney! I'm so excited for her! It was her bday and they had spent the day at Disney and met up with some our other girls, but they had all left already. We talked for a few minutes, and I could kick myself now for not getting a picture, but I just didn't think about it! They were headed home so we said our goodbyes, and were on our way!

We went into Mexico, found out it wouldn't be a long wait, so my parents decided to just sit down for a little bit and DH and I went on the boat ride to waste some time. Then I took a few pictures, I just think its so pretty in there...

RandomOct2008062.jpg

RandomOct2008063.jpg

RandomOct2008061.jpg

By the time that was over, our pager thing went off a few minutes later. We went to our table, and looked at our menus. I knew DH wouldn't want anything on there. Would we have been smarter to have looked at the menu first? yes. But we didn't. lol. We all kinda looked at each other, and were like, do we REALLY want to eat here? For these prices? So we left. haha. We really felt bad, and we never do stuff like that but I think we were all just tired or something. My mom and I took off, and left DH and my dad to tell the waitress we needed to go. crazy.

So, we decided to just get CS food, its good stuff anyway. DH wanted Mexican, he'd loved the CS place in December. My parents headed towards Norway, my mom was dying to try a schoolbread. I figured I'd just get Chinese, thats what my parents were planning on getting too. DH got the Mexican combo platter, it looked really good. We got to China, and DH sat at a table outside while I went in to get my Orange Chicken. Yum. My parents showed up w/a schoolbread, and then they both got their food...I think my dad had the eggroll and rice and my mom had vegetables and rice I think. We all tried a bit of the schoolbread afterwards...it was ok, not what I expected though? It was all so good though, and we knew that we made a good choice, not eating in Mexico. Much better food, and much cheaper price! :thumbsup2

We really weren't interested in staying for the fireworks, and we were al beginning to get tired, so we decided to head out. So basically we just went to Epcot to eat! We did walk around in MouseGears for awhile on the way out, and had to ride Spaceship Earth. DH of course had to have fun with the pictures...

RandomOct2008064.jpg

RandomOct2008065.jpg

We headed out of the park and to the bus for the Fort. It doesnt sound like a long, tiring day, but we were tired, and we were pretty quick to get showers and get ready for bed. I did love opening up the windows in our room at night and listening to the music playing, esp because we could hear the Electrical Water Parade music so well!

We got ready for bed, and went to sleep with excitement for our next big day at Disney!

Your right! You got fabulous photos of the animals! I especially love this one. :) Sounds really cool to fall asleep to the EWP music too.

Thanks! I love that one too...I was so excited to see that I could zoom in so good on the animals, the new camera was worth it just for that!!!

That is one of the best things about the campground, we love it at night for many reasons but we loved being able to hear the music before we went to sleep!

Thanks for reading!

Oooh the Nemo show! :yay: I always get the songs in my head for the rest of the day after watching it!

I love the idea of getting different food from different countries at Epcot to eat, so I think we're definitely going to try that this year...if I can let go of Sunshine Seasons. :laughing:So we'll see.

Great pics! That's so awesome you got one of the hippo out of the water. I've never seen them out!

I love the Nemo musical too, so much so that I have the soundtrack! :lmao:

Hope you had a great weekend!

Oooh the Nemo show! :yay: I always get the songs in my head for the rest of the day after watching it!

I love the idea of getting different food from different countries at Epcot to eat, so I think we're definitely going to try that this year...if I can let go of Sunshine Seasons. :laughing:So we'll see.

You should try to eat around the world! But SS is SO good, I hear ya on that one!!

Hey girl!!

I am joining in finally!!!:goodvibes

yayy thanks for coming over!

Great pics! That's so awesome you got one of the hippo out of the water. I've never seen them out!

I love the Nemo musical too, so much so that I have the soundtrack! :lmao:

Hope you had a great weekend!

Thanks, I was so excited to get such good pics of the animals! oooh I want the soundtrack to Nemo now too.

Thanks, hope you had a good weekend too! :goodvibes

Next installment coming right up!

Monday February 23, 2009

We got up this morning around 8:30, and as usual we got ready and went on a bike ride! We did our usual route, over to Wilderness Lodge....we love this trail!

IMG_0308.jpg

DH in front...

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

across to WL...

IMG_0310.jpg

so pretty...

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

We rode back over to the campground, and went down past Trail's End and towards where River Country used to be. In my Oct. TR I took a bunch of pictures back there where you could see what all the pools and slides look like now. I like going back there and seeing what it used to be. It's sad, but still cool to see.

After that we just rode all over the campground more. We passed this site again, near the store near the boat dock...

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

it was SO cool.

We went down near the Meadows and the pool, which was closed. They are re-doing it, and adding a slide. They had fencing up around it but we climbed up on some tables in the food/arcade area bc I'm nosy and wanted to see!

IMG_0320.jpg

After that we headed back to the camper. My parents were getting ready to leave, they headed to Epcot and just told us to call them when we got there. We got our stuff and headed to the shower house and got ourselves ready. We got some breakfast/lunch before we left, don't remember what we had though. DH took this picture of the animals while he waited on me to finish getting ready...

IMG_0321.jpg

We had to wait FOREVER for a bus. First at our loop and then again for an Epcot bus at the front. This trip was the first time we had to wait a long time for busses at Fort Wilderness. I took a picture while we waited...

IMG_0323.jpg

But eventually we got there! Pictures on the way in...( I have some Photopass pictures but they're saved on the other computer and I'm too lazy to go add them right now)

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

I wore my monorail shirt we got on our anniversary trip, I LOVE it. Unfortunately I got paint on it while we were moving, so I'll be buying a new one, but its one of my fave shirts now!

I love taking pictures of the ball!

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

When we got in we decided to walk over to The Land to get FPs for Soarin for DH, and then I'd call my parents to see where they were.

IMG_0328.jpg

When I called, she said they'd just walked out of The Land, so we had just missed them! We ran outside to meet them.

We headed back towards World Showcase. We stopped first at Canada, and decided to go see O Canada. I love all the pretty flowers here!

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

The movie was good as always, I love all the scenery and always want to visit there after seeing it!

After that we walked around in the stores, and spent some time in the ones in UK. DH and I were looking for something to get for his mom, because she was taking care of Oreo kitty while we were gone. I found a cute Alice in Wonderland teapot and some tea in there, but we decided to keep looking for awhile.

We headed over to France, and DH was excited to see the guys out front again that we saw in Dec., I don't know the name of them but its the guy who stacks the chairs and climbs up.

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

We stood there and watched for awhile, and then headed to Japan. I LOVE Japan. I could walk around there for hours.

IMG_0336.jpg

We spent time in the big store, I could spend sooo much money there. I love Hello Kitty so I always have to look around alot there. We also looked around in the candy section for awhile, DH wanted to get something. We decided to try the Poki, we'd always heard it was good. We got a small box of almond covered, and then a bigger box of plain. It was yummy! We ate on it for the rest of the week, we both loved it, and I can't wait to get some more next time!

When we went outside these guys were finishing up...

IMG_0333.jpg

We watched them until they were done, and then saw that this lady was coming out!

IMG_0335.jpg

I had never seen her before so I was really excited! It was really interesting and cool to watch her! She made an elephant, a giraffe...and something else I can't remember!

By this time we were all getting hungry, and our ADR in Germany was in about 30 minutes so we decided to just head on over there and check in!

Next up-our meal in Japan and an evening in DH's favorite park!!

Great update!

I have that monorail shirt too!!! LOVE it!!! I could spend hours in the Japan store too. That's my favorite pavilion by far.

Can't wait to hear how you liked your German dinner!

Haha, sis has that monorail shirt too! She saw it one of our last days of the trip in one of the shops on Main Street and had to have it. :laughing:

You made me tired thinking of all that bike riding you did! But wow, great scenery!

Great update!

I have that monorail shirt too!!! LOVE it!!! I could spend hours in the Japan store too. That's my favorite pavilion by far.

Can't wait to hear how you liked your German dinner!

Thanks! and heck yeah on the monorail shirt, I seriously am going to have to buy another one, I've worn the heck out of it! I will have another update w/Germany soon-have you ever eaten there before? Or any other German place? Just wondering since you'll be going there soon! :goodvibes

Haha, sis has that monorail shirt too! She saw it one of our last days of the trip in one of the shops on Main Street and had to have it. :laughing:

You made me tired thinking of all that bike riding you did! But wow, great scenery!

thats funny, I was kind of the same way, I just needed to have the shirt!

The bike riding was so fun, we love to bike, and are so excited to live in a neighborhood now where we can, it really is SO fun!

Thanks for the update!!!!!

Thanks for reading!!

Hey everyone! I should have the next TR update done soon, but I had to interrupt this TR to show off some more house pictures!! I'm so proud at how quickly we got everything moved in and unpacked, I had to share! We had SO much help, we got completely (well, almost) moved in one day! And I had most everything unpacked within three or four days I think, I worked like a madwoman! DH was off today so he finished moving the rest of our junk from our apartment, stuff out of the attic, curtains, etc., and finished cleaning up some so we are officially out of that place! I have a few things I haven't decided where to hang on the wall, etc but for the most part we are HOME! So anyway, I took a ton of pictures the other day when it was sunny...we've had so much rain here lately. So I thought I'd share some with you guys! Esp you ladies, I know how much we all love decorating pictures!! So here you go!

Welcome...

outside.jpg

in the front door..

IMG_0677.jpg

and then looking back at the door...

IMG_0678.jpg

living room

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

Oreo kitty loving the windows!

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

deck-we are still working on this!

IMG_0721.jpg

into the kitchen/dining area

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

I love my 70s wall/entryway!

IMG_0687.jpg

kitchen

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

my table!! Don't you love the Disney??

IMG_0688.jpg

laundry room door

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

hallway to bedrooms, off living room

IMG_0696.jpg

our bedroom! I think its my favorite

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

our bathroom is small but I love it. The tub is super deep and huge, its behind the door

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

cont...

office/Disney room

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

guest bedroom

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

and the guest bath

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

back down the hall

IMG_0715.jpg

and some more of Oreo, just because she's cute, and since yall sent such good wishes when she was sick!

IMG_0720.jpg

you can see her pitiful little shaved leg..

IMG_0719.jpg

and just for fun-on Saturday afternoon, we came home and it had been raining ALL day, we'd just been stressed w/some things and when we pulled in the driveway we saw TWO rainbows. I mean, BEAUTIFUL rainbows! It was insane. So I had to take pictures...

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

Your house looks great, we have very similar tastes!!! Your master bath looks awesome, I love the bookcase thing in the corner!!

The house looks great! I love all the wrought iron looking pieces you have hanging up- very cool! And aww Oreo's poor little shaved paw! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter