Your tips on keeping up with the DIS

gingerpeach

Earning My Ears
Hello! I'm very new to the Dis and have spent almost every waking hour after work here. I'm planning our first trip to WDW in February. Everyone is so helpful! Thank you for sharing the great advice and trip reports. Because of you, I have great tips for ADRs, DDPs, ME, EMH, Hidden Mickeys, decorating rooms, LGMHs!!!! and many other things that will make our trip magical.

I will post other questions about the specifics of our trip in the right places, but for now, I would love your advice and strategies for keeping up with everything on the Dis. It seems to be a 24/7 job, except much more fun than a job. Would someone pay us to do this? Please! :surfweb:

:welcome:
I subscribe to the threads I'm interested in. I check for new threads every few days too, but I only go to what I feel like checking on, some days its hotels, other days it's parks and attractions, and some days it rumors :thumbsup2 Just depends on how much time I've got. The Dis is sorta like WDW, you can't see and do it all in just one day, you gotta keep coming back for more :rotfl:

Welcome to the DIS!!!

My very first Welcome. Thanks! :hippie:

I subscribe to the threads I'm interested in. I check for new threads every few days too, but I only go to what I feel like checking on, some days its hotels, other days it's parks and attractions, and some days it rumors :thumbsup2 Just depends on how much time I've got. The Dis is sorta like WDW, you can't see and do it all in just one day, you gotta keep coming back for more :rotfl:

Good strategy. I've been doing something similar, but right now, I'm interested in it all. It's like a buffet! I've been rotating through the boards and trying to get back to each one I like once a week. :flower3:

Welcome to the DIS!! Look forward to view more posts from you

Thanks tchan03. I won't be a prolific poster but hopefully will make up for quantity with quality. Your wedding pictures are stunning! princess:

this is alot of great info. seem to discover new things each logon. alot of little tips.........water filters for your bottled water or buying cases of water from staples and having delivered to resort or hotel was a little biggy for me. save lots of money vs. buying on grounds. tap water not pleasant.

welcome to the board :cool1:

i agree that it is very hard to keep up on things and i have started to subscribe to the ones that interest me

amanda

Here is a trick that many new people do not know. You do NOT have to post in order to subscribe to a thread you are interested in. Just go look near the top right of the first post of each page of the thread and there is a drop down box that says "Thread Tools". Click on it and the 3rd option is "Subscribe to this thread" . Just click there and it will take you to a screen where you can decide if you want email notifications or if you just want to have it added to your Subscriptions List. If at any time you decide you do not want to be subscribed you can reverse the process--the drop down option will say "Unsubscribe to this thread".

Also, do you know how to quickly and easiliy access all of your Subscribed Threads--especially to see if there are new posts to them? Go to the top of the page on the right side where there is a Drop Down menu that says "Quick Links". There are lots of great quick options there. The 3rd from the bottom is the Subscribed Threads list. It will quickly show you all the threads you have subscribed to. This drop down will also take you quickly to edit your signature (like to add that bouncing Mickey Pumpking :) ) or edit your profile, or send a PM.

I hope all of this has been helpful. These are some things that I didn't learn until I had been on the boards for over a year, and use all the time now:thumbsup2 .

Welcome!!
lovetoscrap, thanks for that info, i know it will help me, i did not no that.. thanks a bunch.

Welcome to the dis Its really hard to keep up with everything here but i think its easier to do when you subscribe to things you like and enjoy

Thanks for the great tips, everyone. :thumbsup2 I'm trying what you suggest.

This may be a tip of my own. When I'm in "power-read" mode, I turn off the signatures and avitars. Then I can read through threads much faster because more posts fit on a page. :surfweb:

Of course, I start to miss all the clever and beautiful signatures so I turn them back as needed to get my fix. And I really like to see "booing" pumpkin Micky and where he appears, so I turn the sigs on for that, too.

If anyone wanted to "boo" me sometime, I wouldn't mind! I'd be sure to pass him along, too.

It's very addicting. Just post around and see where you have the most fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter