Your Proposal Stories

Eeyore's Tailfinder

DIS Veteran
I've been following quite a few of the Planning Journals, and think every one of your proposal stories are unique and wonderful - so how about a place where we can all read everyone's? I don't have my own to add (yet!) but I'll love reading everyone else's. :goodvibes

Post your Proposal Story here. It doesn't have to be Disney or anything - but photos are greatly welcomed!! :bride:

I'll post mine....I copied it from the above mentioned thread with some proposals in it...

We got engaged on Thursday, September 21st. We were in Epcot, in the France pavilion. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, and I wanted to get my picture taken with Belle and the Beast, like I do every year when we go there. I had made some sort of comment on how I would love to get a picture of Belle and The Beast, and have Aurora in the picture too. And then I said something about how I was bummed because there wasn't a photopass photographer there doing pictures. Oh, yeah, and I should mention, that we were with his son and his mom and step dad were there too, but not with us at the moment, they got to the park later than us. He called them to see where they were at and was stalling so they could catch up with us to see the proposal. So we were just waiting and he told me he was going to go ask the attendent with Aurora if there was going to be a photopass photographer out. He really was just going to ask if Aurora could come over because he was going to propose to me. She told him no, they don't like to let characters pose together like that or something. So he was fine with that, at lease he had my 2 favorite characters, so that was good with him. Then a minute later handler came over and pulled him aside. I started to follow him, but they both told me to stay in line to hold our spot. Turns out the handler said that since it was a special occasion, she was going to allow it, to wait a moment to let the line die down and she would let them know what was going on and bring Aurora over. So he came back over, told me that he had arranged a special picture for me, the picture I had wanted with the 2 princesses and the Beast, but we had to wait a minute and they would bring Aurora over. So, a minute later, the handler and Aurora come walking over, the handler goes to tell Belle what was going on, and also his mom and step dad finally made it over to where we were at. We walk up to get our picture taken, and Roy positioned me in front of the Beast, with Belle on one side and Aurora on the other side. He was standing in front of me, and he turned around to his mom and his son and said "Are you ready?" and as he turned back around I see the box in his hand and he is going down on one knee. I put my hand up on my mouth, started crying right away and he asked me to marry him. The Princesses were so excited, and Belle even thanked us for letting them be a part of our special moment.

And here are the pictures from our big moment....from both our camera and his mom's camera:

100_0811.jpg

FKTMP27_0536.jpg

FKTMP28_0538.jpg

FKTMP30_0542.jpg

FKTMP29_0540.jpg

And because I love the characters, I still had to get my posed shot with them, even with my make up running down my face from crying!

FKTMP31_0544.jpg

My FI has been stationed with the Air Force in Germany for a long time now. Well Disneyland Paris is only a 4 hour train ride away so this past Spring Break he took me. (I live in Tampa and grew up on Disney, have a pass and my Grandma is a DVC member) So I knew all week that the proposal should be happening. We went for 3 days. I had already picked out the ring in the states (its hard to find rings over there, and he wanted me to choose something perfect)... By Thursday night, our last night there I was going insane. But we were outside the hotel after a character dinner, we stayed atthe Disneyland Resort Paris, the big Grand Floridian scale hotel there... the castle was lit up in the backround and we were standing out in front of the waterfall just the two of us when he asked me for my hand in marriage and of course I said yes!!! :D It was amazing... Who could ask for more, a proposal in Paris and at Disney!!! :) It was a dream come true. I was really glad he didn't do it with other people around, because it was extremely special just being us.

BubMunkeyBles...what I love about your story is that you can go to ANY Disneyland around the world and relive your moment!

My DF proposed on my birthday last year. I had had a horrible week and we had had a tiff in the morning (!) and I was acting sort of sullen and unattractive. :lmao: Anyway, he left my house and a couple of hours later, knocked on the door. When I opened it, there was this little sardonic looking floppy stuffed bunny rabbit peeking out from the door frame, saying, "hmmm... it is your birthday!... DF told me... I'm bringing you some CARROTS!" and then DF came in with the bunny and a bunch of carrots, then said, 'wait! I hear someone!,' went outside and brought in another bunny, and on and on until there were 5 bunnies of assorted colors and sizes and personalities, really, all around me on the sofa. And a cake box on the table. I thought, oh... that is so sweet... he went out and got me a cake. So I opened the box, and screamed delicately... The cake said, "Will you marry me?" I was totally surprised.

He ended up designing a ring for me, and by the time it was made, it was Easter. He asked me to go with him to his friends' house for Easter dinner, and said they were having an Easter egg hunt. It was getting dark when I got there, and he said, "Hurry! we already had the hunt, but Anna (hostess) felt bad for you and hid some eggs for you--I'll help you," which I thought was the sweetest thing. So we're out there hunting for plastic colored eggs, and DF is finding way more than me. We find them all, and go inside, where he asks me to open them. I open the pink one first, and inside is my ring! (Anna had nothing at all to do with it.) :love:

I posted this before but I thought I post since we are posting stories! Plus my DF saw the thread i was read and said I must post ours - he's very proud of our engagement because he actually surpised me

Also quick thank you to everyone who said such sweet words and congrats for our engagement on my engagement thread - I lost the thread and forgot to Thank everybody!

My Fiance & I got engaged on November 8th, 2006 at Cinderella's Royal Table inside Cinderella Castle at WDW.

July 2008

My teh boyfriend & I talk about getting engaged and started to shop for rings, then I decided to tease him and try to get him to guess where my dream place would be to get engaged. After two weeks he finally guesses in front of Cinderella's castle. Now we were planning a trip that November with my parents but I didn't know if it would be then or not. Then the ring brochures started coming and then he started slipping when he said things and then I really didnt mean to but I kinda tricked my best friend into saying "I already seen what your ring looks like" So basically I knew it was happening, might take the suspense out of it for some people but I still didnt know when and where? Jump to....

November 8th, 2006

This was my first time in WDW so i planned everything and I learned never to do that again on a vacation. It was my first time at the Magic Kindom and that night we had reservations for Cinderella's Royal table so I woke up thinking Matt would do it since we were going to be at Magic Kingdom during the fireworks or something. Now that morning Matt & I got into a huge fight ( I don't even remember what it was about now) so I wasn't thinking it would still happen so once we actually went inside to eat i considered our day done and it wasn't going to that day.

Well, first we were seated right at the window inside the restaurant and had the BEST waitress ever! She was such a doll! I loved her and she kept giving me stuff to take home throughout dinner. She gave me a copy of the menu for Cinderella's Royal table, signature cards for the Fairy Godmother, Suzie, and Perla, and confetti of the castle and the pumpkin coach for my scrapbook. I really had no idea why at the time but we were also seated at the window seat so me, my fiance, and my parents got to watch wishes from inside the castle, it was absolutely beautiful! I kept bragging about how I timed it right too by making the reservations at this time to see the fireworks.

Well everything went normal until dessert time when the waitress brought out a domed dessert plate and said she had 'a special gift from your prince charming and i'll let him open it' So Matt opened it and there was an engagement ring on a rose inside a glass slipper! I was so shocked he made all these arrangements to do something extra special - I found out later that this is basically a package Disney offers, but I still wasn't disappointed one bit - I expected him to propose at the wishes fountain or the grotto or during fireworks but he actually planned this whole thing out and I thought it was very sweet.

So he takes the ring out from the slipper and proposes and as he does a photographer came out of no where and took a bunch of pictures. I was so excited to say yes! Then they brought out special gift champagne glasses for us for all of us to do a toast and brought as out a White Chocolate slipper dessert - I think it was maybe the best thing I ever tasted. It looked so pretty but I was so glad I did!

For some reasons i didn't cry, but I laughed hysterically because I kept hearing other peopls say things like 'look over there' and 'oh my god he's proposing' so I kept laughing because we were the center of attention.

Then the characters came out for dinner, which are Suzie and Perla, the mice form Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother does her show too and the characters made a big fuss of us and Perla I think flirted with Matt and Suzie kept ohh and ahh over my ring - it was too cute. And then the Fairy Godmother did her show with the castle lights inside and made the announcements like brithdays and such and announced to everyone inside at the restaurant we were getting married. It was so cute!

But the funniest thing was the security guard outside in MK who let my mom take a bunch of pictures because we were the last in the park and main street was empty. She just said well i wanna see the ring and you can't tell anyone I'm leaning on this rail because I'm not allowed to then you can take a ton of pics so my mom takes a pic of her leaning on the rail looking at my ring - I found this funny.

Well that's my Engagement report to share with everyone and if anyone has any questions about Disney engagements, I'll try to help!

Or if anyone would like to share there engagements, please share with us!

Here's my pictures!

PB080371.jpg

100_1059.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage38.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage48.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage35b.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage22.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage17.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage2.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage50.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage26.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage28.jpg

PB080382.jpg

PB080378.jpg

PB080393.jpg

PB080411.jpg

I love all your proposal stories! Keep them coming girls :)

MermaidBride - I love all your photos :) I'd love to get engaged at Cinderella's Castle!

BubMunkey - I agree, I love DLRP and Paris :)

My whole family flew from Connecticut to California for my college graduation and we spent some time up in the Bay Area before heading down to Disneyland. This was my parents’ second trip to California… and did they have any interest in going anywhere else in LA? NOPE! Straight to Disneyland we headed! On the 3rd day of our trip, DF told me we were going to dinner at night just the two of us at The Napa Rose restaurant at the Grand Californian. Now you have to realize that I’m a planner, especially when it comes to Disney. I like to have where we’re eating mapped out ahead of time to maximize fun park time! Ok, well I’m not as obsessive as it seems, but I was a little upset that we were eating at the Napa Rose when we had planned to eat there with my entire family the next night! After all, we were in Disney, so I thought we should attempt to vary our dining as much as possible! Needless to say, I wasn’t too happy to head to a dinner that I was just going to have again the very next night, but I went anyway. DF said that he forgot something up in the room, so he wanted to run up there with me quickly before dinner (I was staying with my parents while he had his own room... still I had to stay with my parents. I'm sure a lot of you know how that goes!) As we stepped out of the main elevator, there was this barrier set up blocking the entrance to a balcony. Something special was going on there for sure!

What I saw as soon as I stepped off the elevator.
IMG_04852.jpg

We didn't need to go to the room because the surprise was actually for me! DF created a special dinner on the 6th floor balcony overlooking the Grand Californian Hotel, Downtown Disney, and the DL Park. He planned everything ahead of time (apparently weeks in advance!), and we even had our own waitress! I am not a huge fan of champagne (and wine has a tendency to bother my stomach), so he made sure that I had all the tea (my favorite) I wanted. I had salmon while DF had a filet. He said that he ordered two entrees that he knew both of us liked so that way I could have my choice when the time came to eat. He also timed it perfectly so that after our meal we would watch the 50th Anniversary Fireworks and had the Grand Californian Hotel pipe in the music to the balcony. It was perfect watching the fireworks by candlelight, by ourselves, in the arms of the man I love! At the end of When You Wish Upon A Star, DF whispered a lot of romantic "I wish for you for the rest of our lives" type things into my ear (of course I don't remember all of them now!! :sad1:), but then he got down on one knee and proposed!! Of course I said yes!!! :thumbsup2

The 50th Anniversary Fireworks always brought tears to my eyes every time I saw them and heard the music. Now they also remind me of our engagement, so they mean that much more!!

Looking out at Downtown Disney and DL park from the balcony:
img_04723.jpg

The funniest part was that DF planned everything with Disney, down to the timing of the proposal. However, I guess we got stuck with a very sweet, but very SLOW waitress! DF arranged for my ring to be placed in Cinderella’s glass slipper before he proposed right at the end of When You Wish Upon a Star. Well, right before the fireworks started, he kept looking around for something. I couldn’t tell what, but apparently it was for the waitress who was supposed to have the slipper and was no where to be found! Very silly!

With the ring on my finger (and glowing!!!) we sat back down and the waitress brought dessert- strawberry ice cream cake and cheesecake. Yummy, but still no slipper. Then she returned with a plate, but only showed it to DF. She kept saying “Sir, do you like this?” He responded, “Um, yes, very nice.” “Sir, would you like to see the strawberries on the plate?” He responded again, “Yes, they look nice” “Sir, again, would you like to see the strawberries?” “uh… they are nice.” She asked again, “Sir! The slipper!? Is there something you’d like to put in the slipper?” Then we finally got the clue and started laughing! She brought out a plate with chocolate covered strawberries with the Cinderella slipper all ready for him to propose, but it was a bit too late!! That’s ok though because it will be a really funny moment that we will always remember!

The infamous plate with the Cinderella slipper and strawberries:
IMG_04772.jpg

Right after we got engaged:
img_04756.jpg

img_04815.jpg

Once we were finished with dinner and enjoying the view, we headed back to DF’s room and called my family (all of which were in on it, except my 10 year old sister who was thrilled that DF was going to be her new brother-in-law!) Our waitress was so sweet and brought a tray to DF's room soon after with enough tea for the evening as well as more strawberries and treats to enjoy. Everything was definitely perfect!

The tray of treats brought to DF’s room:
IMG_04942.jpg

The ring:
IMG_05062.jpg

A close up of the setting style (it's by Jeff Cooper), except mine is a 1.4 ct round cut diamond:
85517.jpg

The next night we did end up going to The Napa Rose and had another delicious dinner, complete with a toast from my parents in honor of DF and I. It was really sweet of them to be so excited and happy for us!

My dessert at The Napa Rose (Disney kept congratulating us everywhere we went! It really made us feel special!):
IMG_07112.jpg

Finally, the next day DF’s family came down to DL to join us, and we met up with a few good friend from college for a day in the park followed by a private dinner at the Granville Steakhouse (now Steakhouse 55?) to celebrate.

DF and I with our congratulations cake surprise (again, we got a lot of congratulations this trip! If the wedding cakes are any bit as good as that cake was then we’ll be in luck!):
IMG_07243.jpg

Upclose picture of the cake (it also wished my little sis a Happy Birthday (she turned 10 during our trip))... yummm:
IMG_07232.jpg

My engagement was better than I could have ever dreamed of... Cinderella slipper incident and all! :bride:

I love your story Kashmir! It was so romantic, despite what your FFIL thought!

Thanks, Eeyore's Tailfinder! :hug: I kept that sad part out of this thread because it's not the best memory of that week, but the engagement itself was very special and very sweet! We are planning to return for the "anniversary" of our engagement, so I'm kinda curious if DF will plan anything special this time around! ;)

Some background information first. January 11th was our one year anniversary of dating. Months ago when I suggested we eat at California Grill (my favorite restaurant) he informed me that he already had plans for a little 2 day getaway to Disney. Sounds good to me! He left everything a complete surprise. Although he did tell my mom, my roommates and anyone else who would listen the plans he had made. They loved ragging on me about what was going to happen. Although my one roommate is the only one who knew about the proposal.

Ok. So the morning of January 11th we got up and left the house. He took me to Epcot first where we had lunch at the Coral Reef. After a quick lunch we hightailed it up to the front of the park. Turns out we were participating in the Seas Aqua Tour at the Living Seas. We got to go backstage and see the dolphin and manatee holding tanks. Anyone who knows me knows that this would send me over the moon! Then we were allowed to dive in the main tank! Technically it wasn't a dive. They give you an airtank but you stay at the surface. So it was a mix between diving and snorkling. We are both scuba certified so we could have done the dive but I actually enjoyed this more. We were able to pop our heads out of the water and talk to each other. A sea turtle swam up right next to Jason scaring the crap out of me! They gave us a tshirt and a picture to remember the day by.
seasaquatourtf4.jpg

After we left Epcot we went to check in and I finally found out where we were staying. Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! One of my favorite hotels! We managed to get a great room. Second floor overlooking the Arusha Rock Savannah. We were just off the left side of the lobby. We had pelicans, zebras, eland, wildbeast and, my absolute favorites, giraffes!!! After spending some time out on the balcony it was time to get ready for our night. He had told me that we had to dress up so I set out to get ready.
daklodgemyspaceep7.jpg

Around 5:00 we were ready to go. I thought we were going right to dinner but he said we had another thing to do first. I immediately figured it out when we turned into Port Orleans Riverside. We were going for a horse-drawn carriage ride!!! Jason had a bag with him that he called my anniversary present. After a couple minutes into the ride he asked if I wanted to open it now. Me being the most impatient person you will ever meet of course I said yes!

He took out an Arribas Brothers box and then told me to turn around so he could put it together. After I turned back around I saw he was holding a glass Dumbo figure. Dumbo is my absolute favorite ride and character and he knows how special Dumbo is to me. Dumbo was my favorite ride when I was little and on my first CP I was assigned to work the ride.

It took me about 3 seconds to realize that the platform Dumbo was standing on had "Will you marry me?" engraved in it and there was a ring hanging from Dumbo's trunk. My jaw dropped and I wasn't able to form any other words besides "Are you kidding me?". Jason just sat there smiling. I had to make him physically ask me. Of course I said yes!!! :love:

I then made him put the ring on my finger. After a couple of minutes he told the driver what had just happened and asked if he would take a picture of us when we got back. On the way back the driver stopped by a really pretty gazebo and made us get out for a picture. He then took a bunch of pictures when we got back.
carriage2myspacehn7.jpg
carriagemyspacery0.jpg

We stopped in the Port Orleans store and bought a magnet and a memories box with a frame on the cover to put all the pictures in. After that we had some time to kill before dinner. Jason drove aimlessly around and I babbled. He shocked me when he took a last minute turn into the Contemporary Resort. Dinner was at California Grill!

They said they were running behind schedule so we went over to the bar and bought a bottle of wine. Not 5 minutes later our beeper was going off. We were taken to the perfect table. It was a window seat with the perfect view of the fireworks. Apparently Jason had planned on asking me there and had asked for a window seat. He finally told the waitress that he couldn't wait and had already asked me. We had the most amazing dinner and the fireworks were beautiful, as always. We were on the Dining Plan so we had flatbread and dessert in addition to our main course. After a bottle of wine and all that food we were completely stuffed! The waitress peeled off the wine label and put it on a drink menu for us to keep with the cork. They also had someone from Bell Services come over and take our picture and gave that to us.
californiagrillxz4.jpg

The day was perfect. The night was perfect. The entire trip was something I will never forget. I will also never forget the toast Jason made to us at California Grill.

"To happily ever after..." :love: :cloud9:

Now to plan our Disney wedding! :yay:

Well, my story isn't a dis story, but I definitely felt like a princess that day:love:

On April 16, 2005, Tim and I had plans to go to Chicago with our friends, Curt and Jhenn, to celebrate my birthday and Curt's. We were going to meet Curt and Jhenn at a park in Crown Point (by the Hub pool) to look at a gazebo that Jhenn had decorated for her friend's wedding that was the following day (April 17, 2005). Curt and Jhenn were running late (nothing unusual) so we decided to look at the gazebo before they got there.

I was in my own world looking at the beautiful decorations. There were wedding bells, white flowers, white lace, and a video camera. Yes, I said video camera. I was told this was to deter anyone from tampering with the gazebo. Always the cautious one, I badgered Tim for a while about someone stealing the camera, until he finally made it clear that nobody would try to steal the camera.

Tim then directed my attention to a picnic basket, on a table, at the back of the gazebo, and suggested we peek inside. I thought that it was a nice touch for the wedding, so I, being the good girl, told him not to be nosey, and that it wasn't ours. Being as he never listens to me anyways, he opened it up, and inside were a bride and groom Build-A-Bear. As I was oohing over the bears, for the wedding, Tim handed me a note to read, which I thought was very rude of him. I thought he wanted me to read a note intended for Jhenn. However, as I started reading, the first line turned the lightbulb on in my head (you can literally see me get it on the video).

It said, 'Jen, I know by now you're saying Oh my God,' and then it hit me, and the tears started.

The whole note said,

Jen,

So I know by now you have to be saying "Oh my God," but ever since we started talking on the internet, I knew there was something very special about you. And I was right. You are the most caring, loving, thoughtful, most beautiful girl I've ever met. You are anything and everything that I could ever want. You complete me, you make me whole inside. I love you so much. You are my soulmate, my companion, my best friend. You have touched my life in every way possible, and I want to be with you and share everything with you from this day on, for the rest of our lives.

As I was reading that and crying, I saw Tim get down on one knee and proceed to propose. He said, "Jennifer Aileen Orich, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" I couldn't speak the words yes, instead shaking my head up and down going, "Uh-huh, uh-huh!"

After Tim slipped the most gorgeous ring on my finger, he stood up and I hugged and kissed him. It was during that time we heard a loud roar of cheers (you can hear it on the video). We looked to see a group of guys playing basketball cheering for us. It definitely made us smile. It was then that I noticed Curt and Jhenn coming out from their hiding spot (Yes, I’m gullible). They had tipped the basketball players off while hiding their car so I wouldn't notice, so the guys new what to expect and were just waiting for the right time to cheer.

We took some pictures, and I tried to soak it all in. I was shaking for a good hour.

After we were done at the park, Curt and Jhenn said they'd see us a little later and we headed off.

On the way out of the park, Tim told me we were going to stop by his house to tell his parents and then head to my house to show my mom (my dad was working the whole weekend)

When we got to Tim's house, I hugged his mom, started around the corner into the kitchen and to my surprise (literally) there was an engagement party waiting for us. My mom (Bev), Shelly (sister), Kyle (nephew), Kara (niece), grandma (Frances), Kay (Tim's mom), Norm (Tim's dad), Eric (Tim's brother), Angela (brother's girlfriend), Curt, Jhenn and their daughter Annalia were all there. I wish my dad could have been there, but like I said, he was working.

This was definitely a dream come true; I felt so much like a princess and this is a day that I will NEVER forget.

And here are some pictures:

47b5d831b3127cce9243127d52fe00000015108Aas27Zs2cOI

47b5d831b3127cce92431dbe12a200000016108Aas27Zs2cOI

47b6dc34b3127cce976ebd7823b600000016108Aas27Zs2cOI

47b6dc34b3127cce976eb204e26500000016108Aas27Zs2cOI

47b6dc34b3127cce976ebd2623e800000016108Aas27Zs2cOI

This is right after he proposed and stood up...sorry you can't see very well, Curt & Jhenn took it from their hiding spot:
47b6dc34b3127cce976ebdb3a24d00000016108Aas27Zs2cOI

The gazebo:
47b6dc34b3127cce976ebdcba23500000016108Aas27Zs2cOI

My e-ring:
47b5ce07b3127cce94809edaf5df00000025138Aas27Zs2cOI

47b5ce07b3127cce9480937534de00000016108Aas27Zs2cOI

And my favorite pic:
47b6dc34b3127cce976eb21f634e00000035108Aas27Zs2cOI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter