Your preferred theme at AoA, Lion King or Cars?

We have done Cars, LM and Nemo.
Cars we did when DS was 4 and so into the movie. It was great theming and we loved the theme.
Lm was ok, long walk and I was being cheap.
Nemo hands down was my favorite. Very close to everything and again great detail.
My original plan was to try them all but I think I would do Nemo again

When we went in 2014 we had 2 suites...a cars one for me, my DH, my DD and our 2 DGD's and a Lion King one for my DD, my DS and his fiancé. Cars was my DGD's favorite movie and we loved the theming and the location of the room (top floor, bldg 1(I think). Just my opinion, but I found the decor in the Lion King suite to be too busy and not very pretty. However, the outdoor theming in that area was nice.

We stayed in a Nemo suite, so I can't speak to the rooms. But we did walk the areas and the theming of the Cars area is by far the coolest and most immersive at the resort.

We stayed in a Cars suite a couple years ago, and we loved the theming. Walking around at night was our favorite!

Cars theme is very cool. I was incredibly impressed. Location is good. But obviously Nemo location is better. Although none of them are very far. Tough call. They're all great. :)

Im not much help. :laughing:

We have stayed in all 3 suite areas. First Nemo, then Lion King, and the last 3 times, Cars. Yes, Cars is my favorite. The theming outside, I just love walking down the road to my building. I must use laundry during our trips (special needs adult with some issues), and Cars is the best if this is part of your stay. (LK is a much longer walk to a pool, carrying laundry, and Nemo one is a little more crowded, or so it seemed). The decor inside the actual rooms, is less garish and overly colorful in Cars, as well, so for a few adult only stays, that was appreciated.

I liked all 3, and the first 2 stays, I booked without choosing a section, it just was booked as "family suite" and I got whatever they had left, so it was a surprise upon check in, lol. I love AoA, and we are DVC members, used to DVC.

I love this post! I'd love to book Nemo, myself, but my daughter is dying to do a Lion King one. Maybe I'll be lucky and someday baby #2 (Still on the way in my belly) will ask for Nemo. They'll be too young to care on the next trip, though.

Solely based on my preference of movies, I'd pick Lion King.

For what it's worth: I'm typing this in my Lion King pajamas. #biased :simba:
Oh, choosing a movie to watch? I'd probably go LK, too. But I feel like the room decor in the pics is a little mish-mashed between the style of the realistically drawn savannah and the more stylized one in the "I Just Can't Wait to be King" number, and it didn't quite come together as nicely as I'd have wished.

(I feel like SUCH a nerd for being able to type that sentence.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter