Your opinions: WCC and dining at Coronado Springs

krismanda

Mouseketeer
Ok...still fine tuning for our upcoming October trip.

We have dining plan, but I've gone over our TS allotments. We have 7 nights, and currently have 10 booked (partially due to 2 credit choices: CRT and HDDR).

I continue to see a lot of mixed reviews on WCC. I'm wondering if I should just drop this res. In addition to cutting down one TS, it would keep us from having to make a trek out of the park for dinner. We have 2 small kids so this may be a bigger plus than the TS savings, idk. If we cancelled we'd probably do a QS in Magic Kingdom (our park on that particular day).

My 2nd question has to do with dining at Coronado Springs. Our first day we are arriving in the afternoon. My plan is to maybe swim and chill at the resort that day. What would be your recommendation for dining at Coronado Springs? I'd prefer QS, but if there aren't any good QS options, I'm willing to do TS.

I appreciate any and all thoughts/opinions on these. Thanks!

You're going to get all kinds of responses for WCC. When we dined there three years ago, it wasn't so great. I'm not talking about the food or the tricks and jokes, but we had five people and were stuck at a table for four. I'm not sure how this happened, since I did make all of our ADRs for 5 and hadn't had any issues elsewhere. My kids were ages 5, 3 and 13 months, so to me, it seemed like they didn't count my youngest as actually taking up space; the result of this was that we were very crowded, and it was at a time where we really needed to keep things out of the 13 month old's hands or they'd be tossed to the ground. The other problem for us was how long it took to get out of the restaurant. The kids were getting antsy, and it seemed like it took a very long time (about 30 minutes) to get the bill and pay once we were done. We weren't staying at WL, so in the end, I figured it really hadn't been worth it for us to get over there and eat.

In the future, if we were staying at WL, I would eat there again, but I wouldn't make a special trip there if time is stretched.

I can't help with Coronado Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter