Your new neighbor has a name....

giphy.gif

That resort name is SO incredibly lame.

There's a guy on the Rumors board that claims to have the full building plans and that the beach is gone to be replaced by overwater bungalows. 9-story tower behind Pioneer Hall and 1,000+ parking lot adjacent. None of this bodes well for the Fort. I just don't understand, there is so much open land in the area why infringe on the Fort? Why? Unless the long-term plan is the elimination of the Fort but I can't wrap my head around why Disney would want to do that. Before you tell me that they can make more money on the property - which is true - it is also true that most other spaces can be higher revenue-producing as well i.e all value resorts should then be eliminated and made moderate as their occupancy rates are the same with similar operating costs.

The quality of the land is also somewhat a false excuse. We build here in Florida on ALL kinds of land. We are experts on filling. All our land was originally swamp.

There's a guy on the Rumors board that claims to have the full building plans and that the beach is gone to be replaced by overwater bungalows. 9-story tower behind Pioneer Hall and 1,000+ parking lot adjacent. None of this bodes well for the Fort. I just don't understand, there is so much open land in the area why infringe on the Fort? Why? Unless the long-term plan is the elimination of the Fort but I can't wrap my head around why Disney would want to do that. Before you tell me that they can make more money on the property - which is true - it is also true that most other spaces can be higher revenue-producing as well i.e all value resorts should then be eliminated and made moderate as their occupancy rates are the same with similar operating costs.

The quality of the land is also somewhat a false excuse. We build here in Florida on ALL kinds of land. We are experts on filling. All our land was originally swamp.

Yes, but what is the buy in for a DVC ? Outrageous. How many people can you charge a big amount to rent the same room ? A whole lot. And of course those people are eating on property, not in their own trailers.

I have all the blueprints right now! Not sure if Im allowed to post them. I will say this those of us that love fort wilderness and the frontier vibe are not going to be happy at all!

The beach at the campground is GONE for good! They’re building A-frame bungalows there, along with treehouses. No more views... you’ll be in your rocking chair at the bar area looking at modern tree houses.

Directly behind Pioneer Hall will be a wing of resort... this place is huge! 9 stories tall!

The 2 huge parking lots hold 1040 spaces, which the one is right next to Pioneer Hall.

Not good...

He’s not sure if he’s allowed to post the blueprints? o_O And also states that it’s going to be 9 stories tall. The concept art does not depict that. At least the art for CSR showed a tower 15 stories tall.

And hate the name :sad2:

... so is that like the replacement for Illuminations? Close enough.

This makes me so sad because we have not even had a chance to come to love the Fort as much as everyone on here and even I am afraid it will be a thing of the past- like River Country :(

I hope they realize that the Fort ALLOWS many folks to go to Disney MORE than they normally would...plus the overhead is lower than resorts, so overall the Fort would actually be a benefit!

I had figured something stupid, but this passed my expectations. Name is pointless, has absolutely nothing to do with the resorts on either side of it. Walt Disney would put out his cigarette on the forehead of the idiot who came up with that.

owlfacepalm.gif

The poster on Rumors Board says that the beach at The Fort will be eliminated. If you look at google maps, the view to MK would be partially blocked by Discovery Island.
If they're gonna build bungalows, it would stand to reason that they would put them a little bit to the west for better view of the fireworks and MK, Just my thought:confused3

The poster on Rumors Board says that the beach at The Fort will be eliminated. If you look at google maps, the view to MK would be partially blocked by Discovery Island.
If they're gonna build bungalows, it would stand to reason that they would put them a little bit to the west for better view of the fireworks and MK, Just my thought:confused3

All the printed announcements refer to the DVC as "proposed", I assume that could include bungalows. They keep referring to it more as a deluxe resort, not DVC primarily. The bungalows could be option.

Personally I'd take it as a kick in the groin to the Fort Wilderness resort by Disney if they let a new resort block the beach of a current resort. Especially with all the waterfront going the other direction.

Will wait until plans surface.

I wonder how much flack there will be about FW golf carts when some of the guests drive them over to the new resort...

Calling bogus post on this one, "I have all the blueprints right now! Not sure if Im allowed to post them." Sounds like a scammer phone call!

I hope you are correct Breezy2, I really do. I just don't see Disney taking away the beach, but given some of the other bright ideas as of late, I would not put it past them.

We'll see.

I have only seen the older blueprints posted on the 'net and here in the DIS, but below is a Google map image of roughly where the new resort will go. It would be very hard, based on the prior plans and what has been released, for this to take the Fort beach. More likely is they will continue the lake front bungalows along the same arc of the bay from WL.

The red line is roughly where I remember the new resort will go. The right edge will take the Tri-Circle-D Ranch and this will be the parking lot that buts up behind the Settlement and Pioneer Hall. The Green circle is the beach and boat dock at the Fort. It would be difficult to put rooms all along that beach without also taking the Settlement buildings. More likely is the cabins/bungalows will go along the blue line. This would give them better sight lines and continue the waterfront buildings from WL.

I'm still taking an optimistic view that this will only impact the space from the Settlement bus stop to WL. There may be an unsightly parking lot behind Pioneer hall and to the west of the bus dept, but that has little overall impact to the Fort.

Fort.JPG

j

None of this bodes well for the Fort.

1) We cannot agree more.
2) Adding these non-campers to FW will completely change the ambiance of the campground.
. . . campers and RVers are usually VERY friendly and accommodating
. . . they even make friendships that can last for years-and-years
. . . DVC owners are not nearly so open toward fellow guests *
. . . I am actually glad I retired for WDW and FW . . . I hate to see what might be forthcoming to my dear and beloved Fort Wilderness

NOTE:
I have worked at three DVC resorts as a Concierge and am very familiar with the attitude and behavior of the DVC owners, renters, and cash guests.
They are usually better than a resort hotel guest, but FAR from the friendliness of the typical FW camper/RVer/guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter