Your most proud moment

It doesn't sound like we need to keep the topics strictly disney, so how about we brag on our kids a little?? What is something your kid has done that made you proud? The great thing about being a single parent is that we can take (most of) the credit for these accomplishments!

My son makes me proud every day (almost haha) but one thing that really stands out to me was several months ago my son had a note from his teacher in his take home folder from school. He has behavior issues so I started to brace myself for what it said. But it was a note telling me that my son had stood up for a child who was being bullied in the cafeteria! It made me cry. Sometimes you question how you are doing as a parent but something like that makes you so proud of your child and proud of how you are doing on your own too.

That is so sweet! I can relate to that feeling; that moment when you spot a note from school, or their phone number flashes on your caller ID, and instantly you tense up! What a wonderful, proud moment for you - and what a fantastic decision that your son made!

My proud moments are all very similar. My boy also has behavioral problems, and it often feels like a day can't go by before he is being singled out by his teacher(s) for a not so good choice that he made. I got a 'Fantastic Friday' phone call near the end of the current school year, where they told me (all while I was so tense that my fingers were going numb around the darn phone) that he had made an excellent choice, by assisting a child in his classroom that has special needs. It was only topped by the child's mother sending me a heartfelt email that evening, letting me know that her son (who cannot properly express himself verbally) has learned a new word - my son's name!

It doesn't sound like we need to keep the topics strictly disney, so how about we brag on our kids a little?? What is something your kid has done that made you proud? The great thing about being a single parent is that we can take (most of) the credit for these accomplishments!

My son makes me proud every day (almost haha) but one thing that really stands out to me was several months ago my son had a note from his teacher in his take home folder from school. He has behavior issues so I started to brace myself for what it said. But it was a note telling me that my son had stood up for a child who was being bullied in the cafeteria! It made me cry. Sometimes you question how you are doing as a parent but something like that makes you so proud of your child and proud of how you are doing on your own too.

Ok, keep in mind that my DS is 13 months...lol

DS usually eats really well (spaghetti squash, butternut squash, broccoli, brussel sprouts, etc). My mom has started feeding him crap (spoon feeding him frosting and all kinds of other sweets) when she watches him. This has caused DS to sometimes refuse to eat anything that isn't sweet. Well, the other night he ate two bowls of brussel sprouts while doing the "happy, yum yum dance" and grunting for more!
I was so proud of my big boy!

Love this post by the way!

[QUOTE="Tiffylv, post:

That's great! I understand the struggle. I worked so hard to introduce my son to all the right foods and when someone else sabotages that it feels like the end of the world. When my son was probably 10 months old my job was having a party and I wasn't going to go because I had no sitter (and didn't until he was 5....I'm not sure how I survived that) but my coworkers convinced me to bring him for awhile. One of my coworkers offered to hold him while I went on a quick tour (like 15 min) of the historic house we were in the garden of. I was just starting my son on water in the sippy cup and when my son started fussing and refused the water....instead of doing the logical thing and getting me...they decided he must want something else to drink and put COKE in his cup! I was ready to slap someone haha.[/QUOTE]

OMG, I would be so mad! My mom (or anyone else) better not give DS a carbonated beverage!

I know! Why on earth do people do that??? My son is 7 now and he still hasn't had any coke after that initial taste at 10 months. I'm not really a soda drinker either but I let him have sprite every now and then. That's it. If he's happy with water, milk, and 100% organic juice why push anything else? Although someone must have spoon fed him frosting at a young age like your son @MommyMeNDisney because he can't get enough of that lol

I tell my mom all the time...feed him vegetables, he LOVES them! When I make pouches to send to my mom's to ensure DS has a healthy meal, I have to "lie" to my mom about what's in it. If I put spinach in there, I don't tell her it's in there. I just list the fruit. If I tell her spinach or avocado is in there, my mom will give him something that "tastes better" instead. DS loves healthy food!

My daughter is almost 4, so I'm proud of her writing and her learning her sight words. She loves to learn. Recently, I've been very proud of her learning to swim. She has no fear. I'm just so happy, she'll be able to enjoy water all her life. It doesn't seem like much, but we're African American and a lot of African Americans can't swim/choose not to swim. I didn't learn until I was 30 and pregnant with her. She's like a little fish. :)

Last edited:
As some of you know from other threads my son is 13 and has ADHD and is on the Autism spectrum. We have struggled for a while but this last year he has really done well. He is in main stream courses in school. He was on the all A honor roll the whole year. In VA they have standards of learning test that they have to pass as well and not only did he pass all of them he passed advanced. In addition to this great school year, he lead his soccer team to the championship and is only 5 merit badges away from becoming an eagle scout in boy scouts. He has worked so hard and I couldn't be more proud. Now if I could only get him to not talk back. Haha.

As some of you know from other threads my son is 13 and has ADHD and is on the Autism spectrum. We have struggled for a while but this last year he has really done well. He is in main stream courses in school. He was on the all A honor roll the whole year. In VA they have standards of learning test that they have to pass as well and not only did he pass all of them he passed advanced. In addition to this great school year, he lead his soccer team to the championship and is only 5 merit badges away from becoming an eagle scout in boy scouts. He has worked so hard and I couldn't be more proud. Now if I could only get him to not talk back. Haha.

Where's the love button?!?! That is so awesome! You SHOULD be VERY proud! Kudos to your DS (minus the talking back of course LOL).

This just in...

I took DS to church for the first time this morning (don't judge, it's been a really rough year :) ). He was so well behaved! He did not cry once. He either sat quietly in my lap, in his own chair or stood in the chair and smiled with the girls behind us. After church, we went out to dinner (just the two of us) and he sat and ate like a big boy! We left just before he got cranky because it was time for his nap.

I'm so proud of him! I look forward to taking him to church again.

PS...he looked so handsome in his shirt, vest and tie! Oh yeah, and his newsboy cap!

That is so sweet! I can relate to that feeling; that moment when you spot a note from school, or their phone number flashes on your caller ID, and instantly you tense up! What a wonderful, proud moment for you - and what a fantastic decision that your son made!

My proud moments are all very similar. My boy also has behavioral problems, and it often feels like a day can't go by before he is being singled out by his teacher(s) for a not so good choice that he made. I got a 'Fantastic Friday' phone call near the end of the current school year, where they told me (all while I was so tense that my fingers were going numb around the darn phone) that he had made an excellent choice, by assisting a child in his classroom that has special needs. It was only topped by the child's mother sending me a heartfelt email that evening, letting me know that her son (who cannot properly express himself verbally) has learned a new word - my son's name!
made me cry!

Well DD is a great kid, and truly am proud of her all day long. DD struggles with reading and in fact was diagnosed with a reading disability this year. She works really hard on her school work and homework even in first and second grade can take quite awhile!
I think one of my proudest moments was this year when she was chosen student of the month for never giving up and her great work ethic. Still cry about this one!

My oldest is Dyslexic and has ADHD Inattentive type; so school is a bust your behind day in and day out deal. This year we changed schools to get an IEP and had time for an activity. She loves to sing so I put her in a community choir. During the school year they rehearsed and had several concerts and one show with choreography and it has been really nice getting to see her shine doing something she loves. After the choir year was over her teacher emailed us an opportunity to participate in an honor's choir this summer being held in another state. It was a treble choir with children ages 10 to 14. It was one of those things where they send the music and practice tracks and the children come prepared to polish and learn techniques for a performance. When the package came there was 6 songs, 3 in English, 1 in German, 1 in Italian and 1 a combination of French and Swahili. Initial reaction was "Oh no, I changed my mind." I just kept telling her I believed in her and we'd both learn the music if that was what it took.

In the end she had just a little help from me with reading the music and going over the pronunciation guide. The girl worked day and night after I put the practice tracks on her iPad. By the time we made the trip even my son was singing parts of the songs. Once we got there they had 9 rehearsals over 2 days to prepare. Nerves hit her again when we arrived for registration; but she pushed through. Her teacher came even though my daughter was the only one to accept the opportunity (she could send 9 children). It all went great. She was so happy she went forward and did it. Their performance was part of a Choir Director's conference. They performed on the 2nd of the 3 day event along with 2 other groups and after we left we got an email telling us the conference attendees were still talking about the children all through the next day.

OAN, my son and other younger siblings was also subject to the schedule and his behavior got lots of compliments. I know it wasn't easy for him despite all the stuff I had with me to entertain him. He even held the door open for women and girls as we left the music education building to go on breaks. Thankfully we had some time for some r and r afterwards.

Well DD is a great kid, and truly am proud of her all day long. DD struggles with reading and in fact was diagnosed with a reading disability this year. She works really hard on her school work and homework even in first and second grade can take quite awhile!
I think one of my proudest moments was this year when she was chosen student of the month for never giving up and her great work ethic. Still cry about this one!

Oh man, that's awesome!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!