Your "Magical" Disney Experience

ZephyrHawk

Confirmed Disneyphile
I guess I'm feeling maudlin today, because I'm thinking fondly of Disney-trips-past. Plus, we haven't had a really fun "Yay Disney!" thread in a while. So how about everyone share a "magical" Disney moment they experienced (I'll leave interpretation up to you) so that we can all remember why we post here in the first place.

I'll take a first stab. Reading the boards today, something made me remember the sadly defunct Adventurer's Club and how much fun I had there. This is the story of my first AC experience. It's the story I tell when anyone on these boards asks, "What was the Adventurer's Club, anyways?":

DH and I were still in the dating phase, and making our way through college. I loved Disney, and he was a former Cast Member, so we decided to take a trip to the World for our 2 year dating anniversary. After closing down Disneyquest one evening we thought that I (being a somewhat newly minted 21-year-old) should finally experience some Pleasure Island bars. DH didn't really have a preference on where to go, so I asked him what the bar was that was off to one side with a statute of Chacmool outside. He indicated that it was the Adventurer's Club, and though he'd heard interesting things about it, he'd never been there. So, we made our way inside, looked at the amusing collections lining the walls, and wound our way down to the main floor.

It was quiet. Nothing was going on. I ordered a glass of wine and DH grabbed a Kungaloosh (the signature drink, he was told). I sat down, feeling uncomfortable. I was not used to drinking in bars, and certainly not without a large group of friends. Suddenly, a portly man in an old fashioned waistcoat addressed me. He asked if I had been on any interesting adventures recently. I hadn't even noticed him until that moment, and answered him somewhat akwardly. I realized he must be part of the "show" - whatever that was - but I was unsure how talking to me over drinks had anything to do with it.

More people showed up and waistcoat guy started engaging them as well. Then other strange people started appearing and interacting. Then the walls started talking. And before you knew it, everyone in the room was participating in a conga line to banish the evil spirits from the bar. Then a secret door opened up into another room where a hilarious comedy act was performed. At the end - after the drinking and the singing and the near endless laughter - they kicked us out the back door into the night. Pleasure Island was still alive, but now winding down. DH and I looked at each other, with no real idea what had just happened, but knowing it was pretty much the coolest thing that ever
had happened to us up to that point.

God.....I miss that place.

Star Wars Weekends 2013, my daughter was 4 turning 5. She was afraid of some characters, and we let her stand off to the side during pictures. One of those that scared her was Chewbacca. While interacting with Chewie, a CM was talking to our daughter. After the last picture, the CM motioned for Chewie to come over and he played patty cake which put a big smile on my daughters face. Apparently, the photographer was quick because we opened up photopass tond some amazing photos!

562846_10201798740508040_112349885_n.jpg65014_10201798740828048_1186612950_n.jpg 184491_10201798741708070_1468306134_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter