"Your Lime Green Chariot Awaits!" ~ a WDW Family Vacation ~July 2011 TR~Apology 12/11

Just found your trip report. Loving it. My 14yr old loves disney just like his mother. My 15 1/2 is going on a band trip in april to WDW and the youngest so wants to go so bad.

Hiiiiii Allie! I came over here from Jess & Kristen's trip reports and am loving it so far! :goodvibes

Going back to catch up now!

Just found your trip report. Loving it. My 14yr old loves disney just like his mother. My 15 1/2 is going on a band trip in april to WDW and the youngest so wants to go so bad.

I know- Disney's the best! Hope your little one gets to go soon! Thanks for joining in! :thumbsup2

Hiiiiii Allie! I came over here from Jess & Kristen's trip reports and am loving it so far! :goodvibes

Going back to catch up now!

Yeah, I've seen you on their comments! Thanks for coming!!!! :cheer2:

"Your Lime Green Chariot Awaits!" ~ a WDW Family Vacation ~ July 2011 TR
Chapter 10 ~ "My beret matches my shirt...awkward." followed by: "What do Cast Members do when they're not working?"- a Flirty Encounter

So where we last left off in our adventures in Epcot, I had just tasted Schoolbread for the first time! :yay: SO GOOD!

Next is China, which has some of the most fun merchandise...who am I kidding, they alllll have fun merch :)

This reminds me of Mulan :) When they're getting like...grain from the little water pools during "A girl worth fighting for"...they wear these hats I swear!
dscn6206q.jpg

Easily amused...
dscn6207of.jpg

a Frump at an all time frumpiness high.
dscn6209.jpg

For sure one of my favorites from the trip. :cutie:

Ooooh...mysterious....or not.
dscn6210r.jpg

Once again, our ignorance to culture surprises even me sometimes...

Next up is Germany, where I discover a little bit about my heritage. I had no idea pretzels was German? Good to know! :thumbsup2
dscn6211tv.jpg

Ana the Brave
dscn6218m.jpg

It took us at least 5 tries to get this shot. I'm sure fellow shoppers thought we were nuts (we are).
dscn6217.jpg

I don't remember where this is...but I want it princess: It may still be Germany, but I really have no idea?
dscn6219r.jpg

Morrocco's next! Well, actually, I have no clue what order we're going in. is this even chronological? eh, you get the point. This is the order my pictures are in, so I'm sticking with it!!

Where's the Genie? If there isn't one, I demand a refund!!!
dscn6225kj.jpg

This is maybe my favorite picture of the entire trip?
dscn6223.jpg

I think it's so funnnnny. It's just like "hi. i'm Moroccan. KTHANKSBYE. HALLELUJAH."

We're so ignorant to culture...
dscn6222r.jpg

It's an aladdin hat!!!!! hehehe. (I'm really tired right now, i'm very sorry!)

France- oui oui!

Ana bought some suckers for like 50 cents from one of the little french stores, and they were actually quite yummy! And lemon, which I looove :lovestruc

Then we went into the store that's connected to the movie theater for the french movie, and we found BERETS!
dscn6226a.jpg

I'm so classy....and my beret matches my shirt. "Well, that's awkward."

Here's Ana...
dscn6227a.jpg

Again, full of class. And now we're cultured enough to return to the Boardwalk- hooray!

But that's not it!!!!!!!!!!! popcorn::

Me and Ana were very very very hyper at this point. The videos from tonight are classic, I wish I could upload them. Anyways, we decided to go to the Boardwalk ice cream store (...name escapes me...ugh, what kind of Dis-er am I!?) because I was craving a milkshake and Ana English Toffee.

Ya know how the rooms in Disney are you know...air conditioned? So when we got back I put on my sports bra and hoodie like I usually do...and forgot when we went out. So I'm frumpin' around the Boardwalk in my baggy boys hoodie and with no way to take it off...CLASSY.

Anyways, so we get to the store and hop in line, we were actually video-taping at this point, and my camera DIED right before the best part. -.-

We're ordering, and I'm leaning on the display case. A (very attractive) worker leans over to me and was like "Get your fingers off the glass", pushes my hand away and rubs the glass with a rag. LOL, okay? So I pull my hoodie sleeve past my fingers and put it back. He gives me a cute look. "Oh, planning on stealing stuff? Hiding fingerprints?" LOL again. "Yeah, I was gonna snipe a whole tub of Cookies and Cream if you don't mind." "We'll throw you in Disney jail." "Because that exists. You don't even know my name, how would you catch me?" -looks at my feet- "..why are you looking at my feet?" "So when I call the cops I can tell you what kind of shoes you have on." "I can just take them off." "Yeah, but someone running around with no shoes with a tub of ice cream looks even MORE suspicious." ...GOOD POINT! Anyways, it was a lovely conversation that ended with "What do CMs even do on their days off?" "Oh, we're ALWAYS working." (not true, we checked back everyday for him....) He told me to make good choices as we paid. :rotfl:

Okay...story time is now over!

Continued in next Post!

YAYYY UPDATE UPDATE!!!

I love World Showcase..so many tactless photo ops.

Hehe you match. LOL. I love those puppets in China. :P

SO funny about that Boardwalk CM. I can totally picture that. :lmao: I would always WANT to work if I were a CM. I mean REALLY. Best job EVER. :)

I saw you on Jess and Kristen's TRs so I came here. I just finished reading all the updates and I love it! So many funny pictures. :rotfl:

And that story/conversation with the Boardwalk CM, hilarious! :laughing:

Hahaha adorable frump photoshoot :) The World Showcase seems awesome!
That story is so cute haha yay for flirtatious CM <3

Such cute WS pictures :) it sounds like you guys had fun! seriously the best thing to do in WS is go around and find random stuff to take pictures with :rotfl:
I like your Aladdin hat.
So funny about the boardwalk guy :lmao: love it. I love CM's like that... so entertaining.

YAYYY UPDATE UPDATE!!!

I love World Showcase..so many tactless photo ops.

Hehe you match. LOL. I love those puppets in China. :P

SO funny about that Boardwalk CM. I can totally picture that. :lmao: I would always WANT to work if I were a CM. I mean REALLY. Best job EVER. :)

So many tactless ones indeed...and haha yeah really. future job <3 I can't believe I forgot to write the new date for the update. fail of my dayy.

I saw you on Jess and Kristen's TRs so I came here. I just finished reading all the updates and I love it! So many funny pictures. :rotfl:

And that story/conversation with the Boardwalk CM, hilarious! :laughing:

Aww thanks for joining in!! and thanks again! :thumbsup2

Hahaha adorable frump photoshoot :) The World Showcase seems awesome!
That story is so cute haha yay for flirtatious CM <3

Thanks mags :) And theyre the bessssst.

Such cute WS pictures :) it sounds like you guys had fun! seriously the best thing to do in WS is go around and find random stuff to take pictures with :rotfl:
I like your Aladdin hat.
So funny about the boardwalk guy :lmao: love it. I love CM's like that... so entertaining.

The Aladdin hat is fantastic....I want it. CMs are good to begin with...but flirty ones are just that much better :cutie: And agreed- the WS's purpose is that...and to enlighten me on culture...

This TR is great! I went through it so quickly! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2 You girls are very funny! I love seeing girls my age enjoying Disney! Not many people from my school do.. The pictures of the school bread made my mouth water... I adore that stuff. I also noticed that you had a lot of run ins with cute CMs! haha! Lucky!

This TR is great! I went through it so quickly! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2 You girls are very funny! I love seeing girls my age enjoying Disney! Not many people from my school do.. The pictures of the school bread made my mouth water... I adore that stuff. I also noticed that you had a lot of run ins with cute CMs! haha! Lucky!

Thanks!!!! :goodvibes And I knoowww, I'm so lucky I have Kristen, Nat and Maggie at school (and Jess, but she's at college!) who share my love :) ...if you know who they are from Jess/Kristen's TRs!!! Some people just don't understand! :confused3

Oh, World Showcase is so much fun to play around in. It doesn't have a lot of rides so what do you do? Go in the darn gift shops and dress up like a lunatic! lol But seriously it is very fun to have fun around there. And I think the BoardWalk Ice Cream shop you are talking about is Beaches & Cream, though I'm not sure since that's at the Beach Club, but I know it's the only one around those parts... oh well, we may never know, I just know, if someone with a hoodie, holding ice cream with no shoes walks by... I will totally say hi to them :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Oh, World Showcase is so much fun to play around in. It doesn't have a lot of rides so what do you do? Go in the darn gift shops and dress up like a lunatic! lol But seriously it is very fun to have fun around there. And I think the BoardWalk Ice Cream shop you are talking about is Beaches & Cream, though I'm not sure since that's at the Beach Club, but I know it's the only one around those parts... oh well, we may never know, I just know, if someone with a hoodie, holding ice cream with no shoes walks by... I will totally say hi to them :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

I think it's called Seashore Sweets, now that I've thought about it. Beaches & Cream is at Beach (or Yacht haha). And LOL, please do! Weirdos in Disney = :lovestruc And yeah really, that IS the purpose of the World Showcase, I'm pretttyyy sure.

"Your Lime Green Chariot Awaits!" ~ a WDW Family Vacation ~ July 2011 TR
July 26th, 2011 ~ Chapter 11 ~ Disney Buffets- a Breakfast from the Gods

Hello, all!!!! Sorry for the (maybe) confusion of not writing "update 9/27" on the thread when I updated last! I somehow forgot, hopefully all following didn't miss it! If you did miss it, you can go back and read it!! --> Chapter 10

Back to business! So the next morning we were scheduled to head over to Yacht & Beach to go to Cape May Buffet! YUM! Another fantastic choice. Buffets are amazing, but BREAKFAST buffets are just at a whole new level.

We had trouble fiiinding Cape May, though. For whatever reason. We've been there at least 5 times. We scaled the entire resort from end to end before we found it. :confused3 I had a feeling we started on the wrong end, but no one ever listens to me because I have an awful sense of direction...

So, once we found it, we checked in and waited. And boy oh boy was I TIRED. I guess the going all days were starting to catch up to me. I looked totally zoned.
img0230cn.jpg

Cute, right? :eek: It took me the whole breakfast to wake up!

We were seated generally quickly, and we met our server- Sammi. She seemed.....something. Drugged? I don't know, she was not focused at all. We all ordered OJ (except Mother, who has an aversion to all things fruit..she's weird.) then went to get food. Foooood glorious foooood!!!!

Here's my plate. Mickey Waffles :lovestruc
img0232ns.jpg

And Ana's...
img0233uq.jpg

And Mother's...
img0234m.jpg

And Padre's...
img0235su.jpg

All in all- FANTASTIC! I crave Disney breakfasts all. the. time. and my parents will be there in a WEEK WITHOUT ME. NOT OKAY. :headache:

And of course, we were visited by Minnie, Goofy and Donald! So precious. ^.^

Minnie...
img0236u.jpg

Goofy...
img0240rk.jpg

I love this next one. Mother! Goofy gestured to her to get a picture, it was sooo cuuute! She hates the picture, I have no idea whyyy.
img0242qg.jpg

And lastly, Donald Duck!
img0243q.jpg

img0246nh.jpg

There really isn't much service at Cape May, but here's a review anyways!

REVIEW OF CAPE MAY!
Server: Sammi
Service: 4/5 mostly because our waitress was loopy and a bit slow with the drinks.
Food: 10/5 ....I love Disney breakfasts.
First Visit?: Nope!
Come Back?: Absolutely!

Continued in Next Post!

So true that breakfast buffets are a whole other level of buffet! They are absolutely my favorite kind.

I'm sorry your parents are going without you. :( That stinks.

It normally takes me about an entire breakfast to wake up too. I think that the run run run mentality of WDW just does that to us in the end.

Ahhh yay an update! I should totally do one...but I'm just not in the mood haha. I'm lazy. Maybe tomorrow?

I am so sorry they're going without you. :( It's so sad. Put it in the book.

:rotfl:

MMMMMMMM Disney breakfasts are so good. I'm obsessed with 1900 Park Fare's. Especially with characters! Your pics are so cute!!

MICKEY WAFFLES. :love: Your mom doesn't like fruit? That's kinda strange LOL.

MMM I want breakfast now haha.

Oooo... Cape May Cafe! I've always wanted to go there, though... mostly for the Clam Bake and Seafood buffet they have for dinner, though the breakfast looks good. Breakfast buffets in Disney are totally better, I agree. Especially with Mickey Waffles, oh how I miss those little guys :thumbsup2 Sorry though you didn't have a good waitress... :/

Great character photos! I think that's the best themed Goofy I've seen yet and they have some really cool Goofys out there. Donald looks pretty awesome too :-) I just love places like these, especially with all the character interaction. Character meals are THE best! :D

Glad to hear you had a nice meal over all! Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Great update! I really need to get to a Disney breakfast one of these days! I only went once when I was little and I don't remember it at all!

Love the breakfast pics :) Disney breakfest buffets are so much fun!!!!! I love the whole theming of the beach club character breakfest! The beach gear is so cute!!!!!! Ok now for the food :) Mickey waffles are seriously the most amazing things ever :) My one complaint about them is that i wish buffets would give you one big one instead of a bunch a little ones. I personally perfer the big ones to the little ones (it also doesn't help me that POP for some reason doesn't offer adult sized mickey waffles and the only way you can get mickey waffles there is if you order the kids mini ones). All the food at cape may's looks great actually! Sorry you didn't have a great server :( but :thumbsup2 on everything else about the meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter