your kids fave places to dine that are NOT character meals

Coral Reef. We were there when they started feeding the fish and could see the divers swimming around the tank. The kids loved it and still talk about it today.

I forgot Coral Reef that's another favorite. My DS really likes their lobster bisque.

Non character restaurants that my kids like to eat at

- Sci-Fi Dine In
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Teppan Edo
- Narcoossee's
- 50's Prime Time Cafe
- California Grill (hopefully they will still like this after the refurb)
- Fulton's Crabhouse

Teppan Edo (they have requested every trip since the first time we went there)
Whispering Canyon
Coral Reef
Boma
50's Prime Time
Big River Grille (DS 10 says they have the best salad ever, lol)

Hi there! My kids are now 11 and 9 and we have been going yearly since they were babies. Over the years their favourites have been Biergarten (for the dancing), Coral Reef (they love the sea turtle), Via Napoli for the pizza, TRex for the coolness (I liked the food there too), O'Hanna for the games they play with the kids and they like the big BBQ pit, Raglan Road for the Irish dancers, and Wolfgang Puck express just 'cuz :goodvibes

Although, they really haven't had any complaints at the Disney restaurants we have eaten at...they are all really kid friendly.

Have fun :yay:

Our grandkids love O'Hana, Via Napoli, Biergarten (although I don't know why because, to me, the food is awful), and 50's Prime Time. We always make them go to the Hoop-de-Doo and they complain, but they have fun once they get there. :) By far, their favorite is O'Hana. The grownups like it, too. Go early, get a drink in the bar, and enjoy the evening with your 'cousins'. :)

Hands down, ESPN club. 2 boys, sports family, need I say more?

And for some strange reason, my oldest likes the captain's grill, something about the grilled chicken sandwich and the dessert.

POR food court earns high marks, as well, for the cinnamon roll. (but I guess you could get that just about anywhere.)

Oh, they love Casey's too with the cartoons and of course, hot dogs. and baseball theme. Yup, if it's got a baseball theme, it's gotta be alright.

My 3 kids (now 21, 13, and 10) have always enjoyed eating good food. Every visit, my oldest son requests a Boma dinner, our middle child asks for O'hana (dinner), and our daughter loves the California Grill. They also like Boma for breakfast, Le Cellier, Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch, Kona for any meal, Whispering Canyon for lunch, Beaches and Cream, Marrakesh, Wolfgang Puck Express, Crystal Palace for brunch, and Raglan Road. while they have fun at 50's, Sci Fi, etc., they don't enjoy the food as much.

Non character meals my dd's (who are 15 and 13--almost 14 she would insist on me mentioning:rotfl:) enjoyed:
CS: Wolfgang Puck Express
TS (1 credit) Ohana, Cape May and Kona Café
(2 credit) Flying Fish--though they also loved LeCellier (though it was 1 credit when we last went):goodvibes

My son loved T-Rex and he and my daughter loved California Grill. They are both on our 'must do' list. I'm happy about returning to one of them.

My niece's favorites are Biergarten, and T-Rex... She's 4, and both places received the high praise of: "Auntie Becky, this is the best place I ever eated!" Lol... She also ADORED Be Our Guest, but that may have been because Auntie was SO happy to be there that I sobbed the whole meal... She then told the Beast, "My Auntie... Her love you, SO much!"

My teenage kids love Sci-Fi, Beaches & Cream, Biergarten, Tony's and Boma.

My niece's favorites are Biergarten, and T-Rex... She's 4, and both places received the high praise of: "Auntie Becky, this is the best place I ever eated!" Lol... She also ADORED Be Our Guest, but that may have been because Auntie was SO happy to be there that I sobbed the whole meal... She then told the Beast, "My Auntie... Her love you, SO much!"

She must have the bestest auntie ever! Too cute!

Thanks for sharing, Karen:cool1:

My kids 8 and 9 love BOMA and Coral Reef. They asked if we could eat at both those places again when we go in 4 weeks. So excited !!!!

1) Via Napoli. Love everything about it!
2) Chefs de France. Great food and great interaction with waitstaff

Chefs de France, Biergarten, Yachtsman (DS8's favorite food is steak), Plaza (the chef was the best there for our food allergic son), Kona Cafe, San Angel Inn (they love that you could see the boat ride we were just riding!), 50s Prime Time.

The restaurants I listed aren't in any particular order, just what came to mind because my kids asked to go back to all those restaurants on our next trip.

I just asked my kids and they said "aloha". LOL I said, you mean "ohana". Yeah that! But really to be honest they only had two non-character meals. The other was Teppan Edo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter