Your favorite park - then and now

Sora1978

Mouseketeer
Just curious to see what was your favorite park when you visited as a kid, and has that changed at all when you went back as an adult. When I visited in the early 90s I spent most of my time at epcot. When I went back in 2008 I kind of felt like they ruined it. Soarin is a great addition, but I think TT is a lateral move at best, and Mission Space/Journey into Imagination are a step backwards. Here is how I would rank them:

Then:
Epcot
MK
MGM
TL
RC

Now:
DHS
MK
Epcot
AK
BB
TL

What do you think?

That's the great thing about WDW, they change some for the good, and some not for the good. But those changes are relative to each one of us. I miss the overhead tram(ski) lift in the MK, and miss 20,000 Leagues under the sea immensely. But I also just love Buzz Lightyear!!!

This thread has the potential of some great answers! Not one wrong or right answer, but everyone giving their personal opinions of what they think WDW needs or has done just right.

My picks are:

Then:
MK
Epcot
MGM(only after they built it)
AK(only after they built it)

Now:
Epcot
MK
AK
DHS

Great Thread!!

This type of thread is a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

Then
AK/MK before AK was open
EPCOT
MGM

Now
AK
MK
EPCOT
DHS

I guess not much has changed for me.

Then, well, the list was pretty short back then
1. Disneyland
I even saw Walt there as a child.
Now I don't do lists. I love all 6 parks. I don't do waterparks.

As a kid, my favorite park was Epcot, followed by MK.
Has not changed a bit by age 28, and doubt it ever will.

When I first went to Disney as a kid it was only MK and Epcot (first visit was in 1983) so my choices were limited.
Then:
MK
Epcot
River Country

Nowadays it is:
Epcot
MK
DHS
AK

This was really hard to think out since I love all the parks, they are so unique in their own way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter