Your favorite Fantasmic Dinner Package???

kjccr

Mouseketeer
Just am looking for people's opinions on the 3 different Fantasmic Dinners that are offered using the DDP. We have not eaten at any of the three restaurants and are looking to do so before the Fantasmic show on our next visit. Thanks!!

We do not have the DDP, but I'm assuming that the meals for Fantasmic are the same regardless. We have now done all 3 restaurants, so I can give you a full opinion! We have done H&V on several occasions. The first time, we really didn't enjoy it, but since then have really been impressed. They have different menus on different days, so sometimes it is better than others, but always have a variety of options on their buffet. I think in general it would be our favorite choice for F!, although BD is definitely a great deal. BD had excellent food, but is a different experience altogether. It is the more upscale experience, but still yummy. You are limited to certain items on the menu, but everything we had was really good. The pork tenderloin I had was the best tasting entree I've ever had anywhere! MM we tried on our last trip and were less than impressed. The flatbread appetizer was the best part of the meal. The food was just okay, and I can't really give it more than that. The salad and bread wasn't even that great. For dessert, I got tiramisu, and maybe I'm picky because I'm Italian, but it did not taste like tiramisu at all. It had NO coffee flavor. It was like soggy bread and custard. Not my idea of a good tiramisu. So I would suggest, not MM! And depending on whether you have kids, picky eaters, or want a fancy meal or buffet would decide between the other two.

I just don't see DB as being worth 2 TS credits, which leaves only MM and H&V. We didn't want buffet, so choose MM over H&V. I thought the food was pretty good, and the service was wonderful.

I just did the Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner and enjoyed it. I got the goat cheese appetizer which was yummy, the penne alla vodka was good and the tiramisu okay - not great but not awful either. My son got the pizza and liked it.

Allow me to ask a preliminary question: when are you going to WDW? My experience has been that the FDP isn't necessary to insure a seat at Fantasmic unless you're going at an extremely busy time of the year like Christmas.

The last 2 times we went were in early August, a time when crowds aren't "peak" but the parks are still pretty busy. We've done the FDP both times to insure we had seats for Fantasmic, but found each time that seats were available as late as 10-15 minutes before showtime. Next time we'll probably just have dinner at one of the Epcot/MGM resorts and then go to Fantasmic from there.

(BTW, to answer your question, we've done H&V for our FDP both times and enjoyed it both times. However, there's a pretty sharp split of opinion on H&V for dinner. You can search this forum and read pretty diverse opinions on it. My review of our August H&V experience is here.)

We did the FDP at Brown Derby and it was the best meal of our trip. The food was so good and the FDP makes it a good value. I wouldn't use 2 TS credits for it, but if you pay OOP its a great deal.

We have done all three restaurant for the F! package. The dinner at the Brown Derby was delicious and enjoyed by the four adults ---we felt it was one of the finest meals we ever had on Disney property; however, my DDs didn't enjoy the meal as much. They are not picky eaters and do enjoy fine dining just weren't impressed here. We were not on the DDP for this trip and I don't think I'd use 2 TS credits to eat here; however. H&V we've done several times and if you like buffets this one is passable. My personal fav is MM. We've had very good meals here but it has often been fairly slow service. That's ok with us . . . we're usually ready for a break by dinner time. We love the F! dinner package though. Have fun!

Allow me to ask a preliminary question: when are you going to WDW? My experience has been that the FDP isn't necessary to insure a seat at Fantasmic unless you're going at an extremely busy time of the year like Christmas.

The last 2 times we went were in early August, a time when crowds aren't "peak" but the parks are still pretty busy. We've done the FDP both times to insure we had seats for Fantasmic, but found each time that seats were available as late as 10-15 minutes before showtime. Next time we'll probably just have dinner at one of the Epcot/MGM resorts and then go to Fantasmic from there.

(BTW, to answer your question, we've done H&V for our FDP both times and enjoyed it both times. However, there's a pretty sharp split of opinion on H&V for dinner. You can search this forum and read pretty diverse opinions on it. My review of our August H&V experience is here.)

I agree with this post. We were just there in June 2006, in the FDP at H&V, while the food was OK - (Pot roast was incredible) it wasn't necessary to to the package. When we got to Fantasmic - there was plenty of seating available.

We've done both MM and H&V's FDPs. We didn't really care for H&V but really liked MM a lot.

We've done all three restraunts for the Fantasmic Pkg. No way I'd use two TS for the BD (even though it was pretty good). Personally we prefer Mama Melrose. Hollywood and Vine I've never liked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter