Your favorite Disney "Oh yeah!" moments

irunnoft

I'm What Willis Was Talkin' 'Bout!!!!
This is a thread dedicated to all those little subtle things at Disney World that we forget about in our daily lives as we toil and work. They are forgotten, that is, until we get back to the Happiest Place on Earth and then they come flooding back like nostalgia. I'm wondering if any other Disney fanatics also have similar experiences.

So, here's how the game works.... just type in the "Oh yeah!" moments that you feel others must surely have shared in if they've travelled to WDW.

For instance,

Anybody else know that feeling when you're walking through EPCOT in the hot Orlando summer months and you get to that covered walkway place (where they sell the giant inflatable balls) and you get that super cool blast of AC rushing out to meet you from Mouse Gear? Isn't that awesome?!!!

Or how about this.....

I love the feeling of the first bite of a Mickey's Premium Bar. I can almost feel the crunch of the chocolate coating as I bite into the ear (because you always have to start with the ears!). Nothing is as good as that first bite. The chocolate coating is crunchity crisp and the ice cream is just the perfect consistency! Yum! Ok, so now I want a Mickey's Premium!

Remember what it smells like when you get on an enclosed Disney ride that involves water? I can't describe the smell, but if you've ever ridden Pirates of the Carribean or It's a Small World, you know the smell instantly! I love that smell because it means I'M IN DISNEY WORLD!!!

Oh yeah! I love the smell of the waffle cones being made at the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor!

Here is one....

After walking around MK for 5, 6, 10 hours, your butt hits the seat of the People Mover (sorry, I'm old school, TTA for those of you that aren't) and you feel all the pressure leave your feet and you know you're going to be sitting for the next 10 minutes.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Here is one....

After walking around MK for 5, 6, 10 hours, your butt hits the seat of the People Mover (sorry, I'm old school, TTA for those of you that aren't) and you feel all the pressure leave your feet and you know you're going to be sitting for the next 10 minutes.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yep. I still call it the Wedway People Mover myself! :rotfl: Good one! I knew that feeling. You also get the same feeling if you get on the monorail right after being in the Magic Kingdom all morning, except the monorail offers the extra luxury of a/c!

Here's another one. . .check in day. There's nothing like the feeling of walking through the door of your resort for the first day of your vacation. It's like your home away from home! Of course, included with this is the Disney TV channel. For the past few years, we've begun referring to it as the "Stacy Channel" because she's been the host for, IMO, too long. (What are you kidding me? That's like the top 107!) LOL

Oh Yeah! I LOVE that monorail smell! There is no mistaking you are at Disney when you step on board....I mean this all in the true spirit because it is so unique.
Wish I was riding the loop right now!!!:goodvibes

Oh Yeah! I LOVE that monorail smell! There is no mistaking you are at Disney when you step on board....I mean this all in the true spirit because it is so unique.
Wish I was riding the loop right now!!!:goodvibes

Me too! Enjoy the trip back in August. We're going in June so we'll make sure it's all nice and tidy for you guys! BTW, love the hubby's Cleveland Browns jersey! That's a true die hard fan!

Ok, so I thought of another one. . .

I love the cool feeling of the spray that comes from the dancing fountain at Epcot. Oh yeah! And I also love the twinkling little lights in the walkway near Spaceship Earth. You can only see these at night, though. It just adds a bit of extra magic to leaving the park after Illuminations!

I don't know how many others have had the experience of enjoying dream accomodations at WDW, but for us...

...it was that day in 2003 when my family and I walked into the Turret Suite (3rd floor) at the YC, and realized that it was all ours for 8 wonderful days.

"Oh yeah!"

:tigger:

Stepping onto the ferry at night heading toward the MK, seeing the castle lit up, and the cool breeze!(better when there is no one else on the boat)

OH YEAH!!!

Stepping onto the ferry at night heading toward the MK, seeing the castle lit up, and the cool breeze!(better when there is no one else on the boat)

OH YEAH!!!

YES! I totally know what you're talking about. We had that experience this December. It was really cool because the castle had been lit up to look like it was covered in ice.

Any ferry boat ride when it's just you and your family on the boat is awesome, too!

I don't know how many others have had the experience of enjoying dream accomodations at WDW, but for us...

...it was that day in 2003 when my family and I walked into the Turret Suite (3rd floor) at the YC, and realized that it was all ours for 8 wonderful days.

"Oh yeah!"

:tigger:

I don't know that awesome experience, but I'd love to try it sometime! The closest thing I had to that in my repetoire was two summers ago when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time. We booked a standard view room for 10 nights. We checked in, but the room was not ready. When we got back from the MK, we were given a key to a room on the 6th floor and when we entered the room, it was a courtyard view. We were given about a $700 upgrade! We were just blown away and, of course, that ruined us so we had to book courtyard view from then on. :rotfl: Maybe that's why they gave it to us!

The smell from the water at Splash Mountain...

and also on Splash Mountain.. right before you get off the ride... the loading/unloading area has the zippity doo da music playing.. and that bell rings as your boat (log) pulls up (the.. ding ding).. I love that.. I have no idea if that makes sense or if anyone will know what I'm talking about..

YES! I totally know what you're talking about. We had that experience this December. It was really cool because the castle had been lit up to look like it was covered in ice.

Any ferry boat ride when it's just you and your family on the boat is awesome, too!
Actually it was just DH and I and we had the boat all to ourselves! It was totally awesome!!!! We (as a family) love any of the boat rides. I like the one to WL!

And walking into the MK and seeing the castle....oh yeah!

The smell from the water at Splash Mountain...

and also on Splash Mountain.. right before you get off the ride... the loading/unloading area has the zippity doo da music playing.. and that bell rings as your boat (log) pulls up (the.. ding ding).. I love that.. I have no idea if that makes sense or if anyone will know what I'm talking about..

I totally forgot about the bell that rings when the boat pulls up at the end of the ride, but as soon as I read your post I went "Oh yeah!!!!" And hence the reason for this thread! Thanks for the reminder. I always remember the little sign that's painted that says "It's the truth. . .It's actual!" It reminds me of something you'd expect to hear in "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"

Here's one I'm sure anybody who's ever stayed at Disney during the summer can appreciate. I love the feeling of walking into my hotel room at about noon when the Orlando heat and sun have been merciless. I don't know about anybody else, but we crank the AC down to about 67 before we leave our room. Talk about refreshing! Actually, I'll admit it, I crank the AC down. My wife usually turns the AC off when we get back during the midday break because there's usually condensation on the sliding doors! To me, that's a good sign!

Another for us...

...the moment you see the signage as you drive onto the property.

"Welcome to Walt Disney World"

Oh yeah!

Another one!

Right after we check in at our hotel.. we walk around the resort for a bit before heading to the park.. and you hear the resort music playing as you walk around.. I love that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter