Your Experience with Preferred Rooms at CBR?

donnajz

DIS Veteran
What has been your experience with Preferred rooms at CBR? Were you satisfied with the location from food court/restaurants? Was it worth the extra money?

We just did 3 days at CBR a few weeks ago and had a preferred room. We paid for a king sized bed preferred, though, not for location.

We loved our room! Bed not as comfy as in the deluxes, but it was a huge corner room.

We requested to stay in Jamaica, which, on our opinion, was a great location-it's just a bridge walk away. We had originally requested for a lake view, but ended up with a courtyard view and we actually liked this better.

We just did 3 days at CBR a few weeks ago and had a preferred room. We paid for a king sized bed preferred, though, not for location.

We loved our room! Bed not as comfy as in the deluxes, but it was a huge corner room.

We requested to stay in Jamaica, which, on our opinion, was a great location-it's just a bridge walk away. We had originally requested for a lake view, but ended up with a courtyard view and we actually liked this better.

We also paid for a king bed upgrade - we ended up being in Jamaica which was wonderful...

I had no problems with CBR :D and the King bed room was totally worth the extra money

We had a king room Trinidad South, being the last bus stop before leaving was nice, return trip tho you are last also. Best place for viewing Illuminations from the beach. Room nice, and quiet for the most part.

I think the extra money for a preferred room at CBR is definitely worth it if you want to be close to OPR. We last stayed at Martinique building 25 in Oct. 07, and it was a very short walk to OPR. While we did not have a water view, all we had to do was walk 10 feet to decend the stairs and we were just a few yards from the beach.

I think it's also worthwhile to get a ground floor room if possible. The only thing I didn't enjoy about our room last year was carting my semi-comatose DD and various park paraphernalia up a flight of stairs each night.

We had a preferred room in Trinidad North, and we were in the farthest building from the food court and still be considered Preferred. I'd have preferred to be a little closer, but it was ok. I won't pay for it again at CBR.

If I ever stay at CBR again, I would get a preferred room. On my last stay there, I was in Trinidad South, and never again. It was so removed, so far from everything, and almost too quiet. I don't want complete isolation from humanity on my Disney trips, but that's how I felt there. So in my opinion, any money is worth avoiding Trinidad South! I will never stay at CBR again if I can't guarentee getting a room closer to the center of the resort. I will never stay in Trinidad South again - I would switch resorts first!

I would pay extra for a preferred room at CBR - everytime I don't I end up in Trinidad South (which is so far away that it seems like another resort).:rotfl:

I would pay extra for a preferred room at CBR - everytime I don't I end up in Trinidad South (which is so far away that it seems like another resort).:rotfl:

Last time I was at CBR in Trinidad South, the next door Bonnet Creek resort was in the process of being built. And it looked so close! I kept thinking that it was FAR closer to Trinidad South than the rest of CBR - I almost wondered that when it was done and if I unfortunately stayed in Trinidad South again, if I could wander over there to eat instead! :teeth:

I have no idea if Bonnet Creek connects to CBR or not, but it seemed so much closer than OPR!

We've never stayed Preferred at CBR, but on our last trip there in April, the CM tried to put us in Trinidad South. My aunt goes, "You don't have anything closer?" We'd stayed in Trinidad South once and NEVER AGAIN. The CM says, "Sorry, hon, we're all booked up." So my aunt says. "Huh. Well then, can you check and see if there's any availability at any of the other moderate or deluxe resorts? We REALLY don't want to stay in Trinidad South." The CM said, "Hold on a second," and disappeared into a back room.

Five minutes later, she returned and assigned us to water-front rooms in Aruba at Standard rate. My mom and aunt shared a corner room that looked right out on the beach, and my brother and I shared the room next door. We also had a beach view, and the quiet pool was just steps away from our door. It was so awesome!

You just have to know how to negotiate, that's all. :teacher:

But if you want an awesome room FOR SURE, you might wanna think about paying the preferred price. ;)

The resort was probably full and they walked someone else so you could get the room you requested.

No you can't walk to Bonnet Creek.

Just a reminder that you can pay for a king bed room but that doesn't mean you will get a preferred location.

I think that waterview is a waste of money. Most times the view of the water is creative. It's hard to see the water from your room and you could be overlooking a quiet pool.

The resort was probably full and they walked someone else so you could get the room you requested.

You make it sound like we had someone thrown out of their room! :confused:

How is what we did different from what people do at the resorts everyday? :confused3

Plus, when the CM came back, she all but told us that the "we're all full" line was just a ploy to get people to stay in Trinidad South without argument. My aunt even said, "You're not gonna get in trouble, are you? We don't want anyone to get in trouble!" The CM just grinned and waved her off, saying that it was fine and that it was no biggie. "I'm not gonna get in trouble! What would I get in trouble for, sprinkling you with pixie dust?"

And it's not like we ASKED to be put in such nice rooms. We were paying standard, and we expected standard. We never go expecting free upgrades and were pleasantly surprised that trip. Our ONE request was anywhere but Trinidad South. We didn't care if we were facing the parking lot! But the CM gave us the wonderful beach rooms because she said we were "nice folks" and that she liked us. She was a really sweet lady. We just adored her. :lovestruc We even called her our Fairy Godmother for the rest of the trip!

I honestly don't think that they would have moved us to water view rooms if they were really full to capacity. I mean, someone else is PAYING for that view, and we weren't. Wouldn't they have just said, "It's either Trinidad South or don't let the door hit you on your way out." :rotfl: Right? I mean, if they're full to capacity, they're not exactly concerned with losing us to say CSR or POR, are they? :confused3 As my uncle says, "They'll still be able to pay the bills with or without (y)our money."

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm getting worked up over nothing (Not to mention hi-jacking the thread! Sorry OP! :hug: ), but you make it sound like we were selfish and did something wrong. :confused3 Do you really think our request was unreasonable? Perhaps it's just an internet "lost in translation" thing, which I hope it was. I don't want anyone thinking that we pulled a "diva" because that wasn't the case at all.

Also, I just want to say that your info on the CBR has been priceless over the years, and a lot of your info helped make that trip really awesome. So thanks for all the hard work you've done! Hope you don't think less of me because I'm a Trinidad South snob. :goodvibes

I am just saying you were standing at the desk insisting that the room they wanted to give you wasn't acceptable. You may have been given someone elses room that had to deal with Trinidad South when they arrived.

You didn't mention that the CM admitted there were rooms available in your first post.

I didn't say anyone was selfish or did anything wrong. I just gave an explanation to what may have happened. I don't think of you as a snob.

I think that waterview is a waste of money. Most times the view of the water is creative. It's hard to see the water from your room and you could be overlooking a quiet pool.

I agree with this about the waterview!! We had originally requested one, but got courtyard instead. At first I was a little bummed, but then when we got to our room, I realized that waterviews are pointless if you don't have a balcony off your room! You can barely see the view from your room anyways. I loved the courtyard, it was so pretty to walk through.

and I LOVED the Jamaica area-to us, it was the perfect location! Short and pleasant walk to OPR, yet close to the beginning of the bus stops so we got off early on our way home. We always took the bus FROM OPR though.

Booked a preferred room at CBR last summer not for the view but b/c we wanted to be close to OPR. We had a wonderful room in Martinique, and the quick walk for food and drinks was well worth the extra bucks. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter