Your experience as a PI?

lauraxxjean

Earning My Ears
Hello! I did a CP in Spring 2012 and enjoyed it and was looking into Professional Internships for the Spring of 2014. I am an English Communications graduate who would love the opportunity to work in a public relations internship with Disney.

I have searched far and wide for experiences as a Professional Intern at Disney and have found very few stories. Is there anyone out there that can help a girl out? I would love to know if you enjoyed it and if it was worth it :)

Each PI gives such a different experience that it will be hard to get a good idea of how the program would feel for you. I would recommend seeking out experience for specific PIs your interested in.

I did my PI awhile back (2009) and was a Technical Writer at Team Disney (this PI doesn't exist anymore, I was the last one). There were two of us, I had just finished my Masters and the other was on his last semester. We were pretty much treated the same as any tech writer on the team, our clients and partners had no idea that we were interns. Since neither of us lived in sponsored housing or took Disney classes, it was essentially like being a regular full time Cast Member (w/out the benefits and a lower paycheck).

Towards the end of my program I was offered to stay on as a TA (Temporary Assignment), but I was also offered a FT role in Merchandise. Even though my TA would have paid more (MUCH more), I needed to guarantee long term employment so I took the Merch role.

The other PI on was fired for improper computer usage.

I just finished a PI in Guest Relations in June and for the most part I loved it. I also lived in intern housing so I have that experience as well. I liked it enough to stay on in GR afterwards; first I was offered seasonal, then part time, now I'm on a full time TA. I agree with the above though; the roles offered for PI's are vastly different it's hard to compare experiences. But if you have any questions I'd be happy to try and answer them :)

Each PI gives such a different experience that it will be hard to get a good idea of how the program would feel for you. I would recommend seeking out experience for specific PIs your interested in.

I did my PI awhile back (2009) and was a Technical Writer at Team Disney (this PI doesn't exist anymore, I was the last one). There were two of us, I had just finished my Masters and the other was on his last semester. We were pretty much treated the same as any tech writer on the team, our clients and partners had no idea that we were interns. Since neither of us lived in sponsored housing or took Disney classes, it was essentially like being a regular full time Cast Member (w/out the benefits and a lower paycheck).

Towards the end of my program I was offered to stay on as a TA (Temporary Assignment), but I was also offered a FT role in Merchandise. Even though my TA would have paid more (MUCH more), I needed to guarantee long term employment so I took the Merch role.

The other PI on was fired for improper computer usage.

Could you tell me a little more about your day to day experience with the technical writer PI? The position has been posted for this coming spring, and I'm interested in finding out more about the role!

Could you tell me a little more about your day to day experience with the technical writer PI? The position has been posted for this coming spring, and I'm interested in finding out more about the role!

The role I had no longer exists, it was altered then eventually removed through several different reorgs over the last 8 years. The tech writer position listed now is probably on a different team so I'm afraid my experiences wouldn't be of much comparison.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!