Your ADR 6 am plan of action

artemis908

EPCOTnaut
Wondering what everyone's plan of action has been/will be for when you're ready to make them online. Any ones you must do first? Any back-ups?

I heard a good tip from another thread I plan to use which was put your credit card info in a word doc so you can easily cut and paste the info.

Another thing I was thinking was beforehand setting up multiple tabs so I can seamlessly jump from one screen to the other.

I did have a bit of a to-do list when it came to my ADRs. My top 3 were:
Pre-opening CRT
'Ohana dinner
Le Cellier lunch

Multiple tabs could work, but I doubt it's necessary. Unless your trip is during Presidents Day weekend, February is pretty slow crowd-wise. So taking an extra couple of minutes to make the first few ADRs shouldn't cost you anything.

Good idea to have the CC number somewhere to cut and paste from. The other option is to call the dining line, I learned that by calling, they can take your CC info once at the end of making all the ADRs and apply it to all your ADRs that require it.

Good luck!

OMG, I didn't realize minutes make a difference. Do I call or go online? Are the resort ADRS a different number/site than the park ADR's?

OMG, I didn't realize minutes make a difference. Do I call or go online? Are the resort ADRS a different number/site than the park ADR's?

no they are not different. I have changed my ADR's for the last 2 weeks but now they are starting to be gone. I think Ill stop lol I wouldnt worry too much unless you want all 805 ADR's or the hard to get ones...just do those first

Stressing a little cause I really want CRT as early as possible, I will be getting online tonight to make sure I've got the log in and everything ready! Glad you got everything you wanted :)

Stressing a little cause I really want CRT as early as possible, I will be getting online tonight to make sure I've got the log in and everything ready! Glad you got everything you wanted :)

Don't stress, you'll get it. And don't forget that an 8:15 or 8:20 ADR works just as well as an 8:05, you'll still get into the park early.

At this stage...if 'Ohana dinner is in your line up...that would be the #1 thing I'd book first. Le Cellier lunch would be the next if it's in your list. THings like Wishes timed Cali Grill or Narcoosee's or Illuminations timed Rose & Crown - you might want to bump those up in order too. I found it odd, but Tutto and 50s PT also were slim pickins by about 5:15am.

I keep my credit card # and resort confirm # in a Word document (so I can cut & paste) as well as put this info on a sticky note w/the expiration date on the side of my computer. I make sure it's the CC# which is ready to go for pasting before 6am since the system will have a memory of your resort # after the first time you plug it in to get the +10 capabilities. This is important b/c it may clear this info out if you try to book something that hasn't had the ADRs fully loaded into the system.

I've tried the multiple tabs thing and I think I was just too tired to manage it properly, but if I were wide awake I think it would be great.

I even make sure I have a back up computer ready to go just in case my normal one isn't working. Considering my flip flop snagged in my laptop last night and I broke the monitor portion- clumsy people like me :rolleyes1 definitely need a back up.

As for the pp worried about CRT...minutes can matter, but it's only at certain spots where it can be a big deal. If it makes you feel any better...there is one day in our trip (Nov 17) where I'd like to change my 8:20 to the 8:05 at Crystal Palace (didn't book this right on day 180 b/c I keep changing my mind! :goodvibes) and while there are no 8:05 slots for Crystal Palace right now (I'll keep stalking :lmao:) there is still an 8:05 for CRT sitting there nearly 3 weeks after my day 180. As for 8:20 vs 8:05...while we find that these times can make a big difference w/getting out of Crystal Palace at park opening...CRT always takes longer so 8:20 vs 8:05 really isn't a huge deal for CRT.

Last time I was in Disney was a few years ago in September. This was pre-online reservations so I called up pretty early in the morning 180 days before and had a really hard time getting a Coral Reef reservation. I tend to go for the earliest one available because I want to be right next to the aquarium and it's pretty much first come first serve when it comes to the those tables so I just get there early before the reservation and have always gotten a table there thus far (*knock on wood). Anyway, only ones they had left was late night. I ended up calling back just about every day for a few weeks and finally got the one I wanted lol

Thanks all! I did get 8:15 CRT, and I am satisfied with that :) Also booked Supercali-breakfast at 1900. yea!

I booked Le Cellier lunch first then 'ohana but those were the only tough reservations I had to make. It ended up not mattering much because I changed every reservation I made on the 180 day mark. I'm indecisive!! I still have reservations at Le Cellier and 'Ohana though.

I pulled up the Disney Website to the screen where I have to log in. You can’t go to sleep logged in as it will time out. I let my computer “go to sleep” that way and put it next to my bed. I also had my typed out “loose” touring plan up on the screen so I could paste in the confirmation numbers and actual times I got right away and have them in more than one place.

I set the alarm for some time prior to 6am. Probably just enough for me to use the bathroom and get a drink.

I logged on right before 6 and once my computer read 6am, I linked to my resort reservation and dining plan (to avoid getting charged for CRT) and did each one according to the day. Started with day 2 and ending with day 9. I was easy. I was done in about 30 minutes and got everything I wanted within few minutes of the times I wanted including a pre-opening breakfast at 3 of the 4 parks. The 4th is not pre-opening because of AM EMH. I didn’t get 8:05, but only because I didn’t want it. Knowing my crew as I do, I got 8:30, except for Hollywood and Vine which is at 8:15. We made it to an 8:40 on our first trip no problem so I was fine. And with the exception of one, I got some popular locations. We’re definitely going to find out on this trip if there is such a thing as too many character meals. We also have an Ohana ADR just after the dinner opening.

Then I just rested until 7 when I had to call in to make my daughter’s BBB appointment. Scored it 2.5 hours prior to our CRT dinner.

As to the cutting and pasting the cc#, I think I did end up doing that after the first 3, but not to save time, to avoid error. Typing it over and over just got old fast.

HI, I have been searching for my answer but haven't found. I am sure this question has been asked a million times but here it goes!

I live in NJ and am going to WDW for first time ever Christmas week. Our ressie begins Dec 23rd. I have never done the 180 window ADR but will surely be doing so this time!

I've got 2 questions: What time does on-line open and what time do phones open? Also, do I need to call everyday for my week or can I make all my ressies at once even though more than 180 days out?

Thank you so very,very much for your help!!!
Terry

HI, I have been searching for my answer but haven't found. I am sure this question has been asked a million times but here it goes!

I live in NJ and am going to WDW for first time ever Christmas week. Our ressie begins Dec 23rd. I have never done the 180 window ADR but will surely be doing so this time!

I've got 2 questions: What time does on-line open and what time do phones open? Also, do I need to call everyday for my week or can I make all my ressies at once even though more than 180 days out?

Thank you so very,very much for your help!!!
Terry

Online starts at 6am, I believe phone at 7am. You can make reservations for your complete stay up to 10 days if you are staying at a Disney Resort (it's what people here call 180+10).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter