Youngest age for slinky dog dash

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
assuming a child is the proper height and enjoys thrill rides, what do you think is the youngest age a child can be for slinky dog dash?

We will be there when my son isn’t even 3 yet. I’ve shown him videos and he says he wants to ride. If we get there and he sees it and still wants to try it, I plan to let him. It’s a pretty short ride...it’ll be over quickly.

Definitely agree with the responses. Just personal experience, most people including kids do not know what they are missing because they are scared of being scared of a ride. But if they just go for it, they wonder why they waited so long. Teach them early that rides are fun. If they end up not liking it, you can scale it back for sure. Again, just my opinion.

Back in 2006 or 2007 my then 3 yr old grand daughter qualified for ToT and she rode it with me, don't think any others in our party joined us then. As we walked off she calmly said, 'Pop, I don't ever want to do that again'. They all joined us again the next year and she couldn't wait to ride it again. One of her favorites since then.

Bill From PA

Back in 2006 or 2007 my then 3 yr old grand daughter qualified for ToT and she rode it with me, don't think any others in our party joined us then. As we walked off she calmly said, 'Pop, I don't ever want to do that again'. They all joined us again the next year and she couldn't wait to ride it again. One of her favorites since then.

Bill From PA
That’s so funny. In my family, my four year old grandson insisted on riding Tower of Terror. He was a little nervous in line, so I asked him if he was sure about this and he refused to take the chicken exit out of the line. It was my first time on the ride as well. As soon as we got off, I said “well, I’m glad that’s over, I’m never doing THAT again” just as he said “let’s do it again!”. We stood in line again and I took the chicken exit while he rode it again, alone.

I think it depends on the kid. My youngest would have done any coaster at 3 (but he was/is too short for most). My oldest who is tall enough to ride everything at Disney had to be convinced to do the mountains...and I'm not sure I'll get him to do them again.

My nephew who will be 2.5 when we go is tall enough to ride it and my sister has every intention of riding it with them. Now she won't force him to ride it, but he will probably be clueless about where he is headed.

I just returned from Disney. My 3.5 year old was 39." On Friday, She rode 7DMT and was okay with it. on Saturday, she rode slink dog dash and was a bit scared. We were back at Magic Kingdom the next Wednesday and she didn't want to ride 7DMT.

My recommendations
1. Plan to have 3 year old ride Slinky Dog Dash. Its not so scary as to be scarring. Don't force it if they don't want to go on.

2. Introduce rides of increasing intensity. Allow them to get into rides and get their feet wet. So if you were in Magic Kingdom, I would advise something like Its a Small World, then Dumbo, then Barnstormer, then 7DMT. It will give you an indication on how they are handling the rides and gives them the best opportunity to enjoy.

My son is 2 and was just tall enough to ride. He rode it twice and it was too much for him. I shouldn't have had him ride it the second time. He does like the Barnstormer though.

My nephew who will be 2.5 when we go is tall enough to ride it and my sister has every intention of riding it with them. Now she won't force him to ride it, but he will probably be clueless about where he is headed.

Can you let me know how it goes if you remember? My child will be between 2.5 and 3 when we go, I suspect may be tall enough then so I was wondering if it's a good idea if they are young but tall?

Can you let me know how it goes if you remember? My child will be between 2.5 and 3 when we go, I suspect may be tall enough then so I was wondering if it's a good idea if they are young but tall?

Sure. If I don’t remember though feel free to message me or quote me here. Our trip isn’t until the beginning of November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter