Young Adult Solo Travelers

samantha217

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I'm new on the boards! I'm 25 and live in New York. I've been thinking about doing a solo trip for quite some time. I want to take the plunge and buy an AP and do a few trips - I really want to see the special events/holidays. I'm starting a master's program in the fall so I won't be working as much so I figure this time is as good as any. I'm thinking about going in May as the room prices are fairly cheap ($140 at POP). I did one day by myself in January and I was fine but I'm nervous about a few days! My main concern is feeling lonely or feeling like it's not as fun alone.

Are there any other young solo travelers? When did you start going to the parks alone? Do you always stay on property?

What do you consider young adult? lol I'm 32! :)

I've been to WDW a couple of times solo. Once for an extended time in... 2011 (so I was about 26) and just this year over Mardi Gras. Both of those solo trips I did stay on property since I love staying on WDW property - so much easier! At least in my mind. But I've been, not-solo, to WDW and stayed off-property as well.

I'm planning a so-far-solo-trip for another extended period this fall. :) I'm staying at Fort Wilderness.

Personally, I prefer going alone, and I don't think age matters anyway. I went solo in September last year, and I had a blast. I did whatever I wanted, when I wanted. I took pictures with all the characters, had a few character meals, and even went to MNSSHP for the first time. After I got home, I couldn't wait to go back. So, I wound up buying an AP, and I'm going back in May, and October. If you had a good time when you went for the one day, you will have an even better time with a few days. Also, I wouldn't worry about feeling lonely. If you do, strike up a conversation with someone. I was talking to people on line, at meals, and even the CMs. Just go and have fun. And I would definitely stay on property.

My first solo trip to Disney World was in 2013 and I was 25 as well. I was in Orlando for work -- otherwise I would've probably never even taken the plunge into WDW solo trips. But I had so much fun, I decided to buy an AP as well, and have been back a few times by myself over the years.

I used to work at Disneyland, so I already had experience wandering theme parks by myself, albeit on short visits (before/after a shift, or on days off). Making the transition to longer stays was actually quite easy.

I don't always stay on property, since there are great deals to be had offsite. But I do enjoy the benefits of evening magic hours and not having to drive. As a compromise, I've had good luck finding deals at the Swan/Dolphin for very low prices, although that's not always possible.

Have really great trip!

I'm 23 and heading on my first solo WDW trip May 7-10-- It actually encouraged me to make a disboards account (hence my newbie status). Living in LA, I regularly take trips to Disneyland alone, (I was AP all through college and a cast member for a bit( but this will be my first multi-day trip. I'm staying on property and feeling more excited than anxious, but we'll see when I get there! :) I'm probably most nervous about meals? But there have been table service places I've been dying to try, so I'm just gonna push myself to do it!

I'm 23 and heading on my first solo WDW trip May 7-10-- It actually encouraged me to make a disboards account (hence my newbie status). Living in LA, I regularly take trips to Disneyland alone, (I was AP all through college and a cast member for a bit( but this will be my first multi-day trip. I'm staying on property and feeling more excited than anxious, but we'll see when I get there! :) I'm probably most nervous about meals? But there have been table service places I've been dying to try, so I'm just gonna push myself to do it!

I'm actually looking at going May 8-11! Maybe we can meet up and do a few rides or have dinner together!?

Going on a solo trip is one of the best things I could have done. I can do what I want, see what I want, when I want and how often I want it. I can eat where I want. Its the best thing ever. I get so much done and can go at my own pace. I've been going solo a few times and not once have I had a comment from someone saying "awww, your all by yourself?". No questions from anyone ever. Maybe because im walking around all excited and confident? Same goes for restaurants, im perfectly comfortable so I never have any funny looks. Besides, I do notice other solo's as well so its nothing unusual about it.

Staying on Disney during a solo trip is a must for me. I feel very safe. Have a great time! ;)

I just started planning my first solo trip for the end of October. I've never been solo before. It I am totally fine traveling alone and if I can travel alone anywhere, why not Disney? I'm staying on property because I priced it out and for me to rent a car to stay off property and pay for parking it was going to be pretty close to the same price since I'm staying at POP and it's pretty cheap at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter