You would think I wouldn't obsess anymore!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
A second DF agreed to join me and another gal at WDW in January. I can't book yet because I'm using other than home resort points. What began as 3 nights for 1 friend and myself at VWL will now be 4 nights because this friend will be flying down just for the WDW stay and it seems that 4 nights makes the trip more worthwhile for her. This new friend to the mix had a 6 night stay in POR Riverside with her family in early May, and was exhausted. She had not been to WDW in 20 years and was just overwhelmed! I told her to come with us, and we'll do WDW in a more relaxing fashion. I was thrilled that she has accepted my invitation.

Well, I decided that we could make it a 5 night stay if we do 2 nights at AKV savannah view studios (2 of them), and then 3 nights in a BWV 2 bedroom. It would be AKV for the animals, and BWV for convenience whatever view is available there, as of now the P and B are available at BWV and I would have the points to borrow to book that part now.

My friends say where ever they stay is fine, they are my guests. I've not mentioned moving or the 5th night to them yet, but I really want this second friend to see AKV and the animals, but she likes Epcot a lot, and she and her family never made it to DHS! So, I'm asking you. I promised my friend a more relaxing stay. I've bought a 4 day pass for one of them as a gift, and that's what the other one will buy, so if we do stay the extra day, we will enjoy the resort, and I'm thinking that will be at AKV, Kidnai.

I will have a car, so moving will be OK from that standpoint. Can we have a relaxing vacation if we move in January?

Your friends are lucky to have you as a friend:thumbsup2

We move up to three times in a one week Orlando trip. Even though Disney makes it easy to do so as to luggage, etc. if no personal vehicle, twice is more than enough imo

We enjoy spending time @ AK too but not sure i'd want to spend my last day there vs being in one of the parks. You might want to keep the option open to stop into Epcot late for dinner & Illuminations after spending a resort day @ AK. Could decide when you're there & add on the 5th day to the park tickets.

I find that moving is no big deal and enjoy it for our summer trips. On that move day, one thing you could all do is head to DTD for a nice lunch and shopping.

By the time that is done, you can head over to the Boardwalk and hope that your room is ready--if not, take the easy stroll over to Epcot and enjoy the countries.

Sounds like a lot of fun!!!

I'm sure your friends will be delighted to stay wherever you decide. 2 days at Kidani sounds like a good way to relax - whether it's at the start or end of the stay.

I think it would be fun to have a resort change since you are planning 5 nights, and you've picked resorts that are quite different so this will add some variety without having to be hectic.

First would be AKV because that will be 2 studios, then BWV in the larger villa. I and 1 friend will be coming from VB & the other getting to AKV via ME. The pass that I bought was park hopping & I have an AP.

I think we will be OK with moving because of what I'm hearing from you. The friend who was with her DGD and was so exhausted never made it to Illuminations or Fantasmic. Because Fantasmic is offered so few times in January, it tilted my purchase of a park hopper, and Illuminations is so easy to get to from BWV!

Bobbi:goodvibes

One move in 5 nights will be fine (especially when you are moving between two great resorts!) I'm sure you and your friends will have a great time and that they will love the resorts.

I have put in the disclaimer that DS (7 at the time) and I once moved 2 times in a 3 night stay. We had leftover developer points from our initial purchase and all we could get was a studio one night, a grand villa the next and a studio again on our final night. While not ideal it was still a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter