• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You Said What to Alice and the White Rabbit?-the end, 1/10 pg 15

Great fair pics!! What a great job Jeremy did with the birdhouse.:thumbsup2

I have about 4 birdhouses in my backyard. All bought though not made by anyone here.

I would never invite myself on someones vacation.:confused3

Still here! :goodvibes

Your local fair looks like so much fun! We have one around here that we avoid! It's totally crazy & so expensive.

That's so crazy about your "friend" inviting herself on your trip! :eek: She'll get over it!

Looks like some fun shopping at DTD! :thumbsup2

Our fair can be expensive. Luckily, Jeremy gets a weekly pass for doing 4-H and Tom gets one for being an EMT. We try to not eat there a whole lot because the food is outrageously priced!

Great fair pics!! What a great job Jeremy did with the birdhouse.:thumbsup2

I have about 4 birdhouses in my backyard. All bought though not made by anyone here.

I would never invite myself on someones vacation.:confused3

Me too---I would never dream of inviting myself. The whole situation was totally weird!

Hey Erika!
I'm still here!

Oh goodness, that Tom and his chew.....
at least he found some and made it back safe and sound.

Did you enjoy your Joe's Crab Shack? I really like it when we get the chance to eat there!

Now that we're back for 64 days I'll try to keep up and be here for your big send off!!!

Hey Erika!
I'm still here!

Oh goodness, that Tom and his chew.....
at least he found some and made it back safe and sound.

Did you enjoy your Joe's Crab Shack? I really like it when we get the chance to eat there!

Now that we're back for 64 days I'll try to keep up and be here for your big send off!!!

We loved Joe's Crab Shack. We have one near us but never seem to make it there.

Wow, 64 days and you will be back! Christmas and New Years sounds awesome.

Before I start on my next update, I had to share with you Jeremy's prize winning pumpkin for our school's Fall Carnival. He won for Most Original in his age group. Notice the cute pumpkin trophy next to it!

IMG-20111021-000291.jpg

Of course, those who know us knew it was Jeremy's pumpkin when they saw it. Who else would think to do Mickey Mouse they said! I was very proud of him.

We also got some new pets in our house that night---2 goldfish! Tom was not very happy about it but by the next evening, he had brought 4 more goldfish and 2 sucker fish home. It must have been a bad omen as 5 goldfish and 1 sucker fish died that same night. However, the biggest goldfish Jeremy won at the carnival is still alive. Anyone want to guess his name.................

Mickey, of course!!! I have raised my child well! :)

Let's move on to the next day of our trip-June 28th. We had been there driving day, plus two other days and only made it to Epcot. So, where would day 3 take us.....

IMG_5386.jpg

As much as I love Epcot, I was ready for a change of pace. Plus, we were going to Donald's Safari Breakfast before the park open which was something new for us.

Jeremy showing off his Donald Duck annual pass.

IMG_5387.jpg

It was exciting to go through this turnstile!

IMG_5388.jpg

Animal Kingdom is the only park we have ever done EMH's and those were years ago and at night. We enjoyed it so much as it really felt like we were the only ones in that park at night. This morning was no different. It was nice taking our time and I got some nice pictures along the way.

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5390.jpg

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5394.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

We made it to Africa!

IMG_5396.jpg

IMG_5397.jpg

I had never eaten at Tusker House and thought the entire process was a little too long.......You check in then go get your picture with Donald........then go in the restaurant. It was a horribly long, disorganized process I felt that day and took about 15 minutes. Way too long if you wanted to be in the park at rope drop.

We did get our pictures with Donald but I failed to put it on photopass so I will have to scan it and load later. It was a really good picture of all of us so I did buy it and had it sent to the front of the park for pick up later.

We each got a plate of food and before long the characters started coming.

IMG_5398.jpg

IMG_5399.jpg

Daisy is my favorite character so I was bummed that Tom was getting another plate when she came or I would have jumped in this picture as well.

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

Breakfast was just okay here. Not sure that I would do it again. Jeremy was not eating much and we soon realized that he still was not feeling well. However, he didn't want to go back to the room but wanted to do things. I settled the bill early when we got there so we were done with breakfast by 9 and out at the rope by Tusker House.

(continued in next post)

cAs soon as the regular rope drop crowd could be seen, the cast members lowered the rope and walked us to the safari. We were toward the front so there was no need to fast pass.

Now, this was probably one of the highlights of our trip. Do you notice our safari vehicle?

IMG_5403.jpg

Notice there are no others in front of it, other than one to the side. Do you know why? This happy boy does!

IMG_5404.jpg

We were on the first safari ride of the day!!! It was very exciting to us and the animals were out great that morning!

IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5407.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5409.jpg

IMG_5410.jpg

I just love the wildebeast!

IMG_5411.jpg

IMG_5412.jpg

IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

IMG_5415.jpg

This is the best picture I could get of the little elephant!

IMG_5416.jpg

Mingos as MeMom's Bella calls them.

IMG_5417.jpg

IMG_5418.jpg

We were all excited to see the lion raise his head!!! How pretty!

IMG_5419.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

In the end, we all agreed that this was the best safari ride we have ever been on. It made it more special to be the first vehicle with no one in front. It was a very neat experience. It made breakfast even more worth the hassle it had been.

Up Next:

the rest of AK day
What keeps making Jeremy sick?
What animal does AKL coral in their holding pins?
My lapse in good parenting judgement

How fun to be on the first safari! :thumbsup2 Sorry breakfast didn't live up to your expectations. We liked it but didn't love it when we were there for a pre-park opening breakfast a couple years ago. I'm in no hurry to get back.

Anxious to hear what's going on with Jeremy!

How fun to be on the first safari! :thumbsup2 Sorry breakfast didn't live up to your expectations. We liked it but didn't love it when we were there for a pre-park opening breakfast a couple years ago. I'm in no hurry to get back.

Anxious to hear what's going on with Jeremy!

It was so much fun to be the first ride out that morning. The animals were very alert and the driver we had was superb. He stopped and let us take pictures. He got more excited than we did when the lion raised his head! It was a lot of fun.

we did Tusker this year and were seated a long time after our ADR time so I was not impressed either.

I would love to see the Lion lift its head... I usually get a tail :sad2:

Sorry breakfast was not all that but I am glad it did get you the first safari of the day. I like it when the guides get excited about seeing things. :goodvibes

I have been trying to think of who Jeremy reminded me of, and in this set of pictures, it finally hit me. He could be the twin of a kid Trent went to school with named Taylor. I am going to show him Jeremy's picture and ask him who he looks like, and I would bet a thousand bucks he will say Taylor. I will let you know. ;)

You love the wildebeest?
Who gnu??? :laughing:

You know I couldn't pass that up, right? :goodvibes

Great safari pictures. We love an early morning safari. ::yes::
So glad you got to check in on Bella's mingos, too. :cutie:

Sorry breakfast was not all that but I am glad it did get you the first safari of the day. I like it when the guides get excited about seeing things. :goodvibes

It was lots of fun! The food was actually pretty good there but it was just too long of a process for my liking. I like early breakfast meals to get in the park right when it opens.

I have been trying to think of who Jeremy reminded me of, and in this set of pictures, it finally hit me. He could be the twin of a kid Trent went to school with named Taylor. I am going to show him Jeremy's picture and ask him who he looks like, and I would bet a thousand bucks he will say Taylor. I will let you know. ;)

You love the wildebeest?
Who gnu??? :laughing:

You know I couldn't pass that up, right? :goodvibes

Great safari pictures. We love an early morning safari. ::yes::
So glad you got to check in on Bella's mingos, too. :cutie:

That is funny! Jeremy actually looks identical to a cousin of mines' sons. They could easily pass as brothers.

I love that part of Samantha Brown's show when she tell the wildebeast they are beautiful! They had a whole heard of them at Kidani and I didn't get one picture. :confused3

I too really like Bella's mingos! :cutie:

I'm sorry breakfast wasn't that great! Boo!

Uh Oh, I am very curious as to what is making Jeremy not feel well.

How neat to be the first ones on the safari, what a magical moment!

After a wonderful safari, Jeremy and I head to Dinoland while Tom went to get fast passes for Kali or Expedition Everest. Not sure which we did first but we did do both that day.

A picture along the way.

IMG_5421.jpg

Getting ready to fly a dinosaur in the air!

IMG_5422.jpg

As you can see, it was not busy at all so we got off and back on. Jeremy is now in the back.

IMG_5423.jpg

Looking at my pictures, I now remember that we did Kali Rapids first and then dried off on Everest. We weren't that wet as some on our raft were. Sorry, no pictures. Afterwards, we visited the animals in Asia. I cannot remember the name of that area at all this morning.

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

This trip was all about doing new things and Disney a different way with no set plans. So, my AK new thing list was to see Flights of Wonder. We were one of the first there and got a good seat up front.

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5430.jpg

IMG_5432.jpg

IMG_5433.jpg

I am not a big fan of birds. They really creep me out and I avoid those areas of any zoo or aquarium we visit. However, this show was AMAZING!!! It quickly became a family favorite and we will never miss it on any trip to Disney. I am looking forward to seeing it 3 weeks from tomorrow!! :rolleyes1

The rest of our AK day was spent riding the train to Rafiki's (no we didn't get off), saw Its Tough to be a Bug, The Lion King show, and Finding Nemo. We ate lunch at Pizzafari---I love their sandwich in there! It was about 2:00 in the afternoon when we left AK. We had accomplished all we had planned for the day and we were getting tired.

Now, at this point Jeremy was feeling better. This had become a norm on the trip. He would feel bad in the morning complaining that his throat hurt and start feeling better by afternoon. So against my better judgement, I let him go swimming at AKL. I figured he would be okay and he was feeling better.

IMG_5434.jpg

After an hour of swimming, I knew I had made a mistake. He was feeling bad again so off to the room we went. He got a good bath and layed down on our bed and that is where he stayed until morning. I got caught up on laundry (love that DVC can do laundry for free!!!). We got dinner at the Mara and ate in the room and Jeremy and I were both asleep at 8 p.m.!!!! Yes, we were on vacation and in bed at 8!!! Tom wanted Jeremy to rest so he slept on the pullout sofa and guess what............................................

He was feeling bad the next morning. Tom figured out that the air vent was directly over the sofa and had blowed cold air on him all night. :idea: That was what had been making Jeremy feel bad.

(continued in next post)

I know I shouldn't interrupt now because you are in the middle of posting but I just wanted to say I am all caught up. :cool1: Except I can't see pics right now. I can't wait to see Jeremy's prize winning pumpkins.

Boo to all the fish dying except for Mickey. Yeah Mickey! The only word of advice I have is frequent water changes. Goldfish food and poop causes so much ammonia to build up that it kills them.

Sorry you didn't love Tusker House. I have actually never been there for breakfast. Score on the first ride of the day on Safari.

Hope Jeremy starts feeling better really soon!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

This was our last day at AKL. We were slow moving that morning. I got up early and Jeremy and I called my mom to wish her a happy birthday.

We enjoyed our last breakfast on the balcony watching the animals.

Jeremy doing his best Vanna White showing the animals!

IMG_5435.jpg

Do you know what animals they corral in this?

IMG_5436.jpg

Do you remember several days back when we talked to the nice CM who was working on the savanna? Well, Tom asked her and we were surprised to learn that is not for animals at all but for us humans! :rotfl2:She said that when the lodge was built and before it opened, Disney realized that the fire escapes all lead right onto the savannas. They built these holding areas so that in case of fire, humans would not be directly with the animals. The plan is to bring trams in and take the humans off the savanna. It was an interesting fact to know.

Our african crane now has two eggs! Of all the animals on the savanna, I enjoyed watching her the most. She laid one egg the first night we were there. Then, two days later the cast members were afraid that she was abandoning her nest. Then, low and behold, she lays a second egg right next to the first. I wonder how long it takes before they hatch.

IMG_5439.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg

IMG_5441.jpg

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5443.jpg

IMG_5444.jpg

IMG_5445.jpg

This was our fifth day at Disney and we had been to only Epcot and Ak. Where would today lead us?

IMG_5447.jpg

Yep, back to Epcot. Now, I love Epcot but I was starting to get really tired of it and still had not saw the MK yet. However, we had a lunch ressie at San Angel Inn.

I know we rode Test Track that morning along with Soarin, Living with the Land and saw the Circle of Life.

IMG_5449.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

We had never eaten at San Angel Inn. While I would have liked to tried the new Mexican restaurant, Jeremy really wanted to eat here to watch the ride go by. We actually really enjoyed it and I am glad we ate here. Our plans were to hopefully meet Sooze and her family afterwards. However, it was pouring rain when we got done and the boys just wanted out of Epcot so we went back to AKL.

IMG_5451.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

It had stopped raining for a bit so we headed to Fantasia Gardens for some mini golf.

IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

It was fun but I prefer the theming at Winter Summerland much better.

After a few holes, the rain started coming again in buckets. We got a rain check for another day and left. Cars 2 had come out a few days prior so we went to DTD and watched it. It was lots of fun-----way overpriced to see a movie!!! :eek: I will never pay that much again!

We went back to AKL, ate dinner at the Mara, and packed up to change resorts.

Up Next.....
It's time to go to our DVC Home!
Will our room wait be as long as it was at AKL?
What did Jeremy find that is his new favorite thing to do at Disney?
Will we finally make it to MK?

I know I shouldn't interrupt now because you are in the middle of posting but I just wanted to say I am all caught up. :cool1: Except I can't see pics right now. I can't wait to see Jeremy's prize winning pumpkins.

Boo to all the fish dying except for Mickey. Yeah Mickey! The only word of advice I have is frequent water changes. Goldfish food and poop causes so much ammonia to build up that it kills them.

Sorry you didn't love Tusker House. I have actually never been there for breakfast. Score on the first ride of the day on Safari.

Hope Jeremy starts feeling better really soon!

I can't wait for you to see his pumpkin. It was adorable.

Mickey now has Minnie (that is what Jeremy named the sucker fish) and for Halloween he got a fancy goldfish (not sure what they are called but it looks like they have long tails). The new goldfish is Pluto. The sucker fish is doing a good job keeping the tank clean so far. I hope they make it.

I never would have guessed it was the vent over the bed but it totally makes sense as to why it was making Jeremy feel sick. Oy!

I love that AKL has a people corral! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter