You said what?? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Disneyland PRE Trip Report

disneylove2007

Mouseketeer
Where should I start? Lets start with some introductions!!!
Me: The Disney crazed college student! I am in my ...4...ish.. year of school. I am sort of behind.. but who cares. I plan on being a elementary school teacher :teacher: Disney has always been my passion. Whenever a teacher would assign a essay or anything for that matter in class it would be about Disneyland. I have been about 8 times I believe. you may call me Julianne
DBF: Aaron! He is getting to be as Disney crazed as I am! He did the WDW HeadStart program right out of high school, that was his first time to a theme park like this. This is his 2nd trip to Disneyland, but it is going to be longer. The previous trip was only 1 day. You may call him Aaron
falltraining159.jpg

This is us, last summer at the Zoo!

So our trip is going to be June 12th to June 18th. We will be staying at Desert Palm Inn Resort. I am so excited I cannot stand it! I have been wanting to go for a while but it is very hard with school.

Seeing as we are going to be so far from home for such a long time we must eat at some point. Aaron is a WDW vet and I am DL vet. So you can see where the issues might be as a regard to dining and reservations. I know that I like to just go with the flow.. but he is a major planner when it comes to what we are going to eat and when. If this was WDW then I would be all for it.

Sun: Arrival Day-Disneyland
Mon: Ariels Grotto and World of Color Showing
Tues: Rain Forest Cafe
Wed: Renting a car and going to Hollywood (or beach) and watching Fantasmic
Thurs: Blue Bayou
Fri: Both parks all day long
Sat: Leaving :( flight leaves at 6:30 am

We have a 6 day park hopper, so getting the most of our time in the parks is great! :D :dance3:

I am not sure

Welcome to the world of PTR's!!!! I'm in Salem Oregon....where are you at??

I'll be interested in hearing your report on the Desert Palms.....we've looked at staying there, but haven't yet.....take lots of pics!!

Welcome to the world of PTR's!!!! I'm in Salem Oregon....where are you at??

I'll be interested in hearing your report on the Desert Palms.....we've looked at staying there, but haven't yet.....take lots of pics!!

Thank you! I am excited to do this trip report! I have been a long time lurker of the boards, but have not posted much.

Currently I live in Monmouth. Home is Portland when I am home for summer.

I have never stayed at Desert Palms either, I plan on taking a lot of pictures of it. I usually would stay at Anabella or Fairfield. So this should be interesting.

Thank you! I am excited to do this trip report! I have been a long time lurker of the boards, but have not posted much.

Currently I live in Monmouth. Home is Portland when I am home for summer.

I have never stayed at Desert Palms either, I plan on taking a lot of pictures of it. I usually would stay at Anabella or Fairfield. So this should be interesting.

My son is going out to Western next fall to go for his education degree....small world huh?!!

My soon to be daughter in law is going for her masters in education at PSU, so her & my son live up in Tigard.

We've never stayed at the Anabelle or the Fairfield but have heard great things about both. We've stayed at the HoJo's, Carousel Inn, Tropicana Inn, Desert Inn & Suites, Motel 6 & DLH & PPH. I'd stay on property every trip if it wasn't so darned expensive!! You can stay 2-3 nights at one of the Good Neighbor places for the same price.

My son is going out to Western next fall to go for his education degree....small world huh?!!

My soon to be daughter in law is going for her masters in education at PSU, so her & my son live up in Tigard.

We've never stayed at the Anabelle or the Fairfield but have heard great things about both. We've stayed at the HoJo's, Carousel Inn, Tropicana Inn, Desert Inn & Suites, Motel 6 & DLH & PPH. I'd stay on property every trip if it wasn't so darned expensive!! You can stay 2-3 nights at one of the Good Neighbor places for the same price.

WOU has a wonderful Ed program! I will hopefully be in the ED program next spring!!! I am super excited and cannot wait to get things rolling! If you have any questions let me know!

I plan on getting my masters at PSU. I would love to teach in Portland, but anywhere is fine.

Fairfield and Anabella are both wonderful hotels. We have never had problems, Fairfield is within walking distance and I love that. The Anabella is more of a intimate hotel, marble or granite counters and it is very quiet. The only issue with there is the distance from the parks. I have stayed at Carousel Inn and did not have a good experience. We have also stayed at Motel 6, PPH, Jolly Rogers and Portifino Inn.

Are you talking about Fairfield In Anaheim?! Ive only been to disneyland in Paris, sea world an disney world in Orlando but not in anaheim:( and Orlando I was only a kid so I need to do it again!

If you could choose between Anabella and Portofino, which would you choose? Those are the two I'm considering. I've been to the Anabella before and LOVE it. I didn't mind the walk, it was beautiful and not bad if you cut through the Grand Californian. But I was thinking about the Portofino so the kids could have the extra room to play around?!

Your dinning plans sound great. Just thinking about the rainforest cafe' is making me hungry. I LOVE the chicken fried chicken. Mmmm Mmmm!!

Happy planning, look forward to reading more. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter