• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You, Me, and Lou…and lots and LOTS of food (the prequel)

tigger536

DIS Veteran
Hi…allow me to introduce myself. First, I succumb easily to peer pressure. All of these great trip reports and pre trip reports and post/ pre/ during trip reports :goodvibes I’ve been reading lately has made me want to do one of my very very own. Howdy there, bandwagon. I’m a jumpin’ on! So here goes nothing…and given how many of you may still be awake by the time I finish, that will probably be a very accurate statement…

First things first…
The who (No, not the band - unfortunately) but rather, our cast:
1. Me, myself and I (It could be any of the three, depending on my mood and the time of the month. ;) ): I just turned 29. Please pause for a moment of silence to mourn the passing of The Last Birthday. I will be 29 in next year’s TR too (shhh!). :rotfl2: I graduated law school in May 2006 and started work in September as an associate at a large law firm. So I’m a baby lawyer. No, not a lawyer for babies, but rather meaning I’m very, very junior. Because of my baby-ness, I haven’t taken a long trip since I started work. Just a quick (Kamikaze) trip to the World for MLK weekend and another quick weekend trip to myrtle beach coming up for Memorial day. I miss our longer mother/ daughter trips. So, finally, off we go. Woohoo! I am SO excited! :banana: My favorite Disney character is Tigger. I also happen to love the color lime green. It has always been my favorite color, even before I found the DIS. (When I finally did discover the DIS I was in lime green/ WDW-loving heaven. :cloud9: ) So I will be fairly easy to spot, since I already own a lot of the color.

2. My mom: 29 ½ (just kidding!) But definitely young at heart, and my partner in Disney crime on all of my trips. We started our trips back when I was just starting high school. Our first trip on site was in 1993 at the Contemporary. My dad came with us on that one. Big mistake. He is not a Disney person. ("Why do we have to pay to stand in line?" Was always his big rant.:sad2: ) But mom, she truly “gets” it - she loves WDW as much as I do. She loves it so much that she takes the short Kamikaze trips with me which amount to driving to Florida from Atlanta overnight, checing in, and hitting the parks non stop for 2 days. (That’s why I call them Kamikaze trips - if you did not truly love WDW, they would kill you from exhaustion.) She even teases me that this trip she doesn’t want to eat at any TS restaurants because she wants to maximize her park time. She kids me about that every time, just to get my goat (she knows how much I love Disney restaurants). We have always been very close (I am an only child). :love: She works for a large delivery company. Her favorite park is the MK. Her favorite character is Dumbo.

3. Lou: 3 months old. Lou is my car. I splurged in February and bought myself a new car. (Well, I signed up and now make payments on a new car ;) ). Pay off my student loans? Nahh. Save for the future? Pish tosh. Financial responsibility is for the “real” adults. I want me some hot wheels, baybee! Lou is a convertible. A gorgeous, midnight blue convertible. And he has satellite radio. In the dash. I love satellite radio. My favorite channel is the 80s station (as you will soon see by my musical taste/ references in this TR). I love that you can listen to any kind of music (although with me its usually 80s, like i said before) anytime you want, no commercials, and! and! it tells you who sings what so you can buy it for your ipod later. Love it! LOOOVE it! :woohoo: Anyway, I bought a satellite radio for my old car, but it was one of those you attach to the vent in the dash. Every time a hit a pot hole (in Atlanta this is about every five minutes) it would fly off and I would have to re-attach it and re-wind up all the cords all neat-like. Very annoying.

An aside: I loved my old car too. It was named Ralph. He was a Hyundai Tiburon. As you may/not know/ care, a Tiburon is a type of shark. So, I named my car Ralph after one of the whale sharks at the Atlanta aquarium. Yes. I am weird. And a dork. But I ask you, who is weirder: me for naming my car after a shark or the people at the Atlanta aquarium for naming sharks after "The Honeymooners" (four sharks and they were named Alice, Trixie, Norton and Ralph.) I rest my case, your honor. :rotfl: OK, tangent over. Another aside: to know me is to know my tangents. To love me is to love my tangents. (Or not. ;) ) But I do do the tangent thing a lot. I apologize in advance. Or ya’ll can just scroll on down through them, if you want.

But back to Lou - so, Lou has his own satellite radio all neat and professional looking. Love ya, Lou. LY/MI. And your radio too. :thumbsup2 But why name him Lou you are by now asking. (In addition to the ever popular, “Is this girl completely nuts???”) Well, I named him Lou after Lou Gramm. The singer, from Foreigner. (So yes, the answer to the other question would be that yes, I am completely nuts. :lmao: ) Let me explain, though. Lou Gramm sings the song “Midnight Blue”. I really like this song. (The lyrics are below if you want to check it out.) And Lou is, well, midnight blue. So it fits.

The when: August 26 (or 25, but that’s to come) - September 3, 2007. Free Dining! And a celebration of the completion of my first full year as a baby lawyer. Not so baby anymore, then. Toddler, perhaps.

The where: The Beach Club. A first for us. I was finally able to convince her to try an Epcot resort (as opposed to her first love, the MK) for a longer stay. Woohoo! again.

The what: Free dining. And oh, yeah, the parks too. ;) But there will be lots and lots of eatin’ (and snackin’ and drinkin’) goin’ on. popcorn:: Oh YEAH. (Cue the music by Yello.)

Coming up:
1. To Lapu or not to Lapu: do I add an extra day to join the DIS meet at the Poly?
2. Mama drama: a recent announcement by a certain large company (hmm, Disney) almost drives a wrench in our plans.
3. Spreadsheets R Us (or, they R me, anyway): The itinerary revealed.

And, as promised, here is Lou’s song, for those of you interested. Good lyrics, IMO. They say a lot, and I don't just mean the car, LOL.

Midnight Blue, By Lou Gramm:
Ain't got no regrets
And I ain't losin' track
Of which way I'm going
Ain't gonna double back
Don't want no misplay
Put on no display
An angel? no!
But I know my way
I used follow
Yeah, that's true
But my following days are over
Now I just gotta follow through
I remember what my father said
He said "Son, life is simple"
It's either cherry red or...
CHORUS:
Midnight Blue...
Oh...
Midnight Blue...
Oh...
You were the restless one
And you did not care
That I was the trouble boy
Lookin' for a double dare
I won't apologize for
The things I've done and said
But when I win your heart,
I'm gonna paint it cherry red
I don't want to talk about it
What you do to me
I can't live without it
And you might think that
It's much too soon
For us to go this far
Into the...
CHORUS:
Things could be different
But that'd be a shame, 'cause
I'm the one who could feel the sun
Right in the pouring rain
I won't say where
And I don't know when
But soon there's gonna come a day
I'll be back again
Yeah, I'll be back for you
You see, I'm saving up my love
CHORUS:
Midnight Blue...
Oh...
Midnight Blue...
Oh...

If you are still with me, THANK YOU! :goodvibes More to come soon!

Okay, as I said in my PM, I am subbed! :surfweb: popcorn:: Now where are those updates? ;) Post the itinerary at any time now... :lmao:

Sorry to be so demanding, but I NEED my pixie fix! :wizard: ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter