You know you are lovin life at WDW when you....

WDWtinkbell1982

15 WDW trips and counting....
Here's just a couple to get things started....

...take the first bite of a Dole Whip while relaxing and cooling off by the entrance to Adventure Land

...hear "Please stand clear of the doors; por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas" on your first day of your WDW vacation

...see Captian Jack Sparrow for the first time in Pirates of the Caribbean

...smell the "burning of Rome" in Spaceship Earth

...feel the "whhooosh" when you take off in Soarin'

Mine starts early..

Buy the new Birunbam(cant spell that) guide book even though i don't really need it. (I have to buy it every year for some reason)

Plop Pal Mickey and my pin lanyard in my carry on since I will be needing them soon

See the magic express pull up at the airport

I just need the "thought" of Disney to make me love life, actually being there is a bonus

Mine starts early..

Buy the new Birunbam(cant spell that) guide book even though i don't really need it. (I have to buy it every year for some reason)

Me too!

When I hear the tram driver say "remember Goofy 25" as we leave the parking lot.

When you drive under the archway that says Welcome to Walt Disneyworld.

Chomping on those massive turkey legs in frontierland

When we get the first glimpse of the castle after rope drop! Three days to go!!!:banana:

When you stand directly under the castle with your sweetie during Wishes.

When you hear "Welcome Home" at your resort.

When you have a sweet pretzle at Norway.

Ditto!
Especially when you've been in a car for 19 hours. >.<

Since we obviously drive to WDW...

It starts when we get to the Florida Welcoming Center and get the OJ and the pamphlets. ^_^

...When you get to the hotel lobby and everything just seems more magical because it's offically real.

...And, of course, when you step onto Main Street, USA for the first time on your trip and you feel like a little kid again.:cloud9:

when you drive under the gates that say walt disney world!
and when you step foot on main street and they play that music after rope drop!

Are checking in and receive your Key To The World Card and pop it in your wallet :)

Open the door and smell that fresh clean in your resort room

Get on the mororail for that first ride

Me too!

When we went in October, that was the most AMAZING feeling. My cousin and I clapped, cheered and nearly cried when we saw that archway.
Oh, I can't wait to go back. :cheer2:

I want to add:

I'm know I'm there when I get that my whiff of that unique IASW scent.

That ride smells exactly like it did "back in the day."

Here's just a couple to get things started....

...take the first bite of a Dole Whip while relaxing and cooling off by the entrance to Adventure Land

...hear "Please stand clear of the doors; por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas" on your first day of your WDW vacation

...feel the "whhooosh" when you take off in Soarin'

LOVE these. :wizard: Also love the one about driving beneath the sign after 19 hours of driving! Totally true! :rotfl:

Here's a few of mine:

You know you are loving life at WDW when you...

...are riding Splash Mountain and can smell the special "Disney water." :laughing:

...get called "princess" and "your majesty" by CMs who notice your light-up tiara. princess:

...get sprayed with water in Voyage of the Little Mermaid after walking around in 90 degree heat.

...tell a little girl in a Princess gown how pretty she looks "from one princess to another" and watch her light up with glee.

...bite into school bread in the Norway pavilion while giving the hungry-looking pigeons nearby the evil eye.

...sit on Main Street at the end of the night, just admiring the castle and all the pretty lights while you wait for the park to clear out. Some of my favorite Disney memories involve this. :love:

These are all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I'll have some more later. ;)

1. Get on the first bus to the first park you visit...
2. You see your 5 year old's face light up at the first glance of Mickey...
3. You see your new "home" at OKW, SSR, AKV, etc, etc....
4. You get your fastpass for (soaring, TT, TOT, BTMR, RNR, etc, etc..)...
5. Get in the first line for the all-important autograph...
6. Watching your kids slide down the pool slide, full of happiness..

I could go on, and on...

Well for those of us who drive.....

Seeing all the "Disney" billboards along the interstate...

Seeing the purple Disney streetsigns...

Pulling into your resort...

Feeling your butt leave the seat on ToT...:banana:

Biting into your first Mickey bar of the trip...:cloud9:

Smelling the oranges on Soarin'...and remembering that same smell from Horizons...

Sitting at the ice cream shop on Main Street on your last night, eating your snack and watching everyone leave the park...and dreaming of your next visit.

...the phone rings and it's your morning wake up call from Mickey. Much nicer than an alarm back home.

...step outside of your resort that first morning and take a deep breath of "Disney" air (you guys know what I mean right??)

...all of a sudden as an adult decide you must skip instead of walk to the next attraction.

...you cry because your heart is so full of joy at the smallest pleasant thing that occurs.

...realize that no one here is a stranger. You make friends with guests waiting in lines and cast members at attractions.

I must be feeling uber sentimental today because all of these memories you guys have mentioned have made me almost tear up! I don't even know what else to add, other than if I put a little twist on it like... you know you're loving life as a WDW fan when...

... even months after your last visit, your kids bring up a fond memory from Disney... one you maybe even forgot yourself!
... also, when just hearing the music on the disney website or on a disney commercial can do that mushy thing inside your heart that makes you and your kids say, "awww, I wanna go back.... I miss Disney!"

I've always felt that going down that big drop on Splash Mountain really gave me that "Lovin life at WDW" feel. I always imagine that in that fast rush, all my "real-world" troubles are flying off me and "WDW life" is settling in.

- For me, it's when we first set foot on Main Street and my girls just both have the biggest grins on their faces! & we run to get corn dog nuggets at Casey's!

- and when we're watching Spectro or riding on Splash and my 8 yr old is singing every single word and asks me why all the people around us aren't singing? Don't they know all the words? We listen to the music from WDW so often then know all the words to everything!

I know I have a couple of repeats, but anyhoo...
...when the pilot tells me we'll be landing in Orlando in about 2 hours and 40 minutes and that the current weather is sunny and beautiful.
...when I see all the great Disney signs in Orlando Int'l Airport
...getting on the DME
...watching my kids clap when we see the huge Walt Disney World sign.
...being greeted by the CM at POR with "Welcome Back Home".
... and my number one: Walking out onto Main Street USA and seeing Cinderella Caslte waiting for us; it always makes me cry!

Oh, to be back there right now!

When we drive under the WDW sign

When we hear welcome home at Beach Club Villas and get the salute from Art the greeter

When I first see the Castle.

When DME pulls out to head to my resort of choice

When we drive underneath the Welcome sign

When I see Mickey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter