You know you are CastAway Club when ...

When you count how many cruises until your next level...
When you get a little bummed when you know despite being pregnant with DS during our last cruise, he has to wait for his number this cruise! :teeth:

Fantasy cruise in August, 7 day, no more receptions for repeaters (it was our 16th)..so disappointed.

Going on our 17th cruise, have never received a magnet

Cruise #22 is booked for this summer and we've never gotten 1 either. I think maybe we made the levels too soon, before they started giving them out. :confused3

You keep hoping they will announce something higher than platinum so you have something to aim for! There are so many platinums now that it doesn’t feel so special. I hope they add a category soon...at 18 cruises, I want something to aim for, even if it’s a different colour lanyard and a new fridge magnet. I also wouldn’t mind a reception for 25+ cruisers. It would be small and special and something to get excited about. Are you paying attention DCL?

I started liking posts in this thread and then realized the thread is 2 years old, lol. However, it's still an awesome thread and my answer is:

When you look at the DCL website to see when the ship will be in your home port, just so you can go down and look at it, and end up booking a cruise instead. Then, you go back to the website to find out when the ship will be in your home port so you can go look at it and you end up booking a second cruise.

When you're on a Very Merrytime Cruise and tell your husband you miss the "normal" music piped through the ship. The Christmas music is nice, but the Disney music is the best.

I currently have withdrawal symptoms having not been to CC in about 9 months. Thank goodness we have 3 cruises booked this year!!

When you seriously consider leaving your new Castaway bag in the stateroom upon debarkation, because your luggage is full and you already have 3 of the same bag...LOL. In the end, we did end up finding enough space to bring it home with us!

When you're on a Very Merrytime Cruise and tell your husband you miss the "normal" music piped through the ship. The Christmas music is nice, but the Disney music is the best.

All we've been on is Merrytime cruises. I don't know any other music! LOL
I tell my Yoga class partners, do you know how hard it is to do Yoga on the cruise to Disney Christmas music!

You receive the magnet after your cruise. It's sent to you following whatever milestone cruise it is (after your 1st for Silver; 5th for Gold; 10th for Platinum).
View attachment 214937 View attachment 214938

If you are between milestones, you should be receiving an art card of the ships.
View attachment 214939

BUT, the Castaway Club post cruise mailed gifts are often hit or miss.
Going on our 17th Cruise next week, all I want is to receive ONE sticker for my car!!!!! Never ever got one. Our friends who traveled with us for their first cruise even received one! Get so disappointed.

When you have "when you wish upon a star" as your phone chime.
I have the musical instrument chime on my phone. Had the cruise horn but that was getting boring. What is the musical instrument that is used for the notification (usually the cruise director) on board the ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts