You know I love you when I let you plan my vacation - (FINAL RESULTS)

Where do you want me to stay

• Holiday Inn, 1300 N. Atlantic - $89.99

• Doubletree, 2080 N. Atlantic - $94.00

• Hampton Inn, 3425 N. Atlantic - $109.00

• Courtyard by Marriott, 3435 N. Atlantic - $98.00

• Holiday Inn Express - forgot to get address - $79.95

• Other - described below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Scooby Doo Suite is one of HI's Kids suites. In the main room the adults have a King size bed and all the standard amenities. There is a "separate room" which contains bunk beds and a TV with VCR/Nintentdo. It is decorated in a Scooby Doo Theme. In the one I stayed in Lake Buena vista, (A Animal theme) the seperate room was just 9 ft partitions. Not a turely separate room, but it does afford much more privacy than a std room.

diagram_noah_lg.gif

Do any of these hotels have cruise parking and transfers?
For me this is important because we are driving down.

I am currently booked at the Radisson for $99.00.

Has anyone heard of Military discounts there?

Thanks, Melanie

DL Sept 1994 - DisneyLand Hotel
WDW Sept 1995 - Best Western Buena Vista Suites
WDW Sept 1996 - Shades of Green Resort
WDW Nov 1999 - All Star Movies
WDW Sept 2000 - All Star Movies
DCL Nov 30, 2002 -Disney Magic
WDW Nov 2003 - All Star Movies (in anticipation of the Mars attraction!)

Robin,

When are you thinking of crusing in May. We are going May 25. Currently have resv. at Radisson night before cruise, but am interested in your Scooby Doo Suite.

Pam

We are looking for a hotel other than the Radisson for our next cruise in December 02. While the suites at the Radisson were nice, we found them to be rather dark and not pleasant during the day. The Radisson is not within walking distance of anything. The shuttle is not necessary with an Avis rental car.

We have about settled on the Comfort Inn and Suites. Our DD has stayed there for her crew team's winter training and gives it a good review. It is on the A1A side of the highway, an easy walk to the beach, has some newly built rooms including efficiency units with full kitchens, and tower suites with a balcony and ocean view. The government rates for the tower suites are $85 a night for 2 persons. AAA rates are even lower for the lower level rooms.

Big plus - it is across the street from Ron Jon's!!

I always use http://www.hotwire.com to make hotel reservations. You can get great rates in Orlando or Cocoa Beach. The catch is you don't know the hotel until you make your reservation (non-refundable), but they do let you pick the general location and the star-rating. This gives you some idea what to expect. We've gotten great rates at the Hilton in LA and the Grand Hyatt in NYC using this website. If you're willing to take a chance to get a great rate at a nice hotel, try it out. It's for the more adventurous who are willing to gamble, but with the star ratings given, it's not too much of a gamble.

How can you get a general idea of where hotwire will send you? If you put in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach, are all the hotels on the strip the ones you get or are they miles away?

For Cocoa Beach, it doesn't break it down into the different areas. All you know with regard to location is whether it is beach front, and it is in Cocoa Beach. For larger areas like Orlando, you can specify near Disney, Universal, Int'l Drive, Kissimmee, airport, etc. It's better for some destinations than for others.

Another nearby accomodation choice is the Royal Mansions - condominium right in Cape Canaveral close to the Port with 1 br and 2 br choices ranging from $100 to $200+. Their website is www.royalmansions.com. I have never stayed there but often considered it. I live in Minnesota but my Mom lived in Cocoa Beach for many years and is now in a nursing home on Merritt Island.

Sailing with DS 11 and DD 5 on the 4 day Wonder January 20th. FIRST TIME!

Melanie C...
Don't know if this will help you, but I read on Mousesavers.com that the Radisson Resort Parkway (nr. Kissimmee) and All-Star Resort is participating with Disney in an "Armed Forces Salute" program from Jan.1 to April 30, 2002 for those military members who visit park or cruise thru May 2002. You may want to call Disney or ck it out on the Budget or Resort Brds.

I just booked at the Bestwestern Oceanfront in Cocoa Beach for 1 night before our 2/23/02 cruise. It was $85.00 for two queen size beds by the pool. With tax it came to $93. It is right on the ocean.

We are renting a car from National which is only two miles away. I would like to drop off kids and luggage at Port and then return the car to National and take a taxi back to ship.

We are one mile away from Ron Jon which my kids really want to check out. We were there when they were really young and now that they are 18, 17, 13 their psyched about going.

MJ

I JUST FOUND A BETTER RATE WITH AVIS (USING A CODE FROM MOUSESAVERS) SO I SWITCHED MY HOTEL NIGHT TO THE RADISSON FOR CONVENIENCE REASONS FOR $99.

We have the Hampton Inn booked for 4/19 - used the coupon I found for a rate of $69 - and upgraded to an oversized room that sleeps up to 6 for an extra $10 -- includes free breakfast.

Email me if you are interested in the coupon which is valid from 4/14 to 6/21/02. They have an $89 rate for 2/8-4/13 also.
:)

During my gallivanting while the boards were down I found this sight on another cruise brd that comes highly recommended for hotel discounts. I have not used them personally, but if you're looking to save a few bucks the prices look very reasonable and it might be worth a try. http://www.quikbook.com/

4nana - I checked out the site, but couldn't find anything for cocoa beach, cape canaveral :(

In December I stayed at a B&B that is literally one minute's drive off of the Beeline Expressway 528 (which is the road from the airport direct to Cape Canaveral). It is only 10 minutes from the Port. It is right on the Indian River and is absolutely gorgeous and comfortable with FANTASTIC homemade breakfasts. Around $90/nite per room (not per person). They generally don't allow children under 12 though. The website is www.indianriverhouse.com. I highly recommend it.

thanks Molly for the recommendation, but I do have a child under 12, so that one is out of the running. (although I will have to store it in long term memory if DH and I get a cruise without DS)

Originally posted by TnRobin

As of today, the Holiday Inn Express has the most votes. So I have called and made a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express in a Kid Suite. I will let you guys know what I think.

Anyone have anything they want me to look for or ask about. Please post here

Well, we'll want to know if the pool's nice... how long it takes to walk to the beach... what kind of complimentary breakfast they offer... whether there are any decent restaurants around... how far to the grocery store, etc.

- Dave

Dave - -

I would let you choose our hotel! Your list is almost perfect.

Only thing missing is walking time to Ron Jon's. We are divided into quick shoppers (5 minutes) and have to see everything (at least an hour). If we are within walking distance, we will all be happy.

We chose Comfort Inn because it has ocean view, balcony, few minutes walk to beach, across from Ron Jon's, pool is fine, across from Winn-Dixie, and is one bedrrom suite with kitchen area, under $100/night. It does not have comp breakfast, but we will simply buy fresh squeezed juice at Harvey's Grove a block away and a box of cereal and milk at the grocery across the street. We want to be really hungry when we get on board, so comp breakfast gives in to Ron Jon's access.

Suzanne:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter