You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

We've eaten at California Grill our last two trips, which were last September 2014 & this past March, and had great meals there, but for this upcoming trip we're giving Narcoossees a shot. Haven't been there since 2002, when we celebrated our son's 21st birthday! :faint: Yikes, how time flies!

So I'm back(!) and caught up - great reviews :) I loved that Reverse Root Beer Float when I had it at the California Grill.

Looks like you all had a great time...looking forward to more :wave2:

Welcome back Jeanette! She didn't offer to share any of her root beer float with the rest of us so it must have been pretty good. ;)

You meal at Cali was much better than ours! Glad to see such a great review. I had completely written it off for our March trip now I am not so sure!

Oh, I just read your review. So sad to hear it wasn't so great since California Grill has long been a favorite of mine too. We had such a wonderful dinner there with Paula, Hunter, Brenda, etc. back in Dec. 2013, but then my next three visits were just okay. So I told myself that this was their "last chance" visit. Thankfully our dinner was pretty good so I don't have to follow through with my threat. ;)

What a lovely view! I love the spicey Kazan roll, even though I have only dined there once. It was one of the best sushi rolls I have ever had. Too bad Andew's steak wasn't cooked to his liking, that's a bummer for sure.

He is kind of picky about his steak, but it must not have been too bad since he still gave it a 4. ;)

We have never eaten at any signature restaurants. California Grill is probably at the top of my signature restaurants to try tho. Those desserts look great and you can't beat that view of the MK.

Yes, I love the atmosphere at California Grill and that view is awesome! :cloud9:

Aww man! No mushrooms at Teppan Edo, I'm bummed. I wonder what would happen if I just happend to throw a few on the grill?? Ok, not likely but heck bring back the shrooms!

Sorry that your CA Grill entree didn't wow. At least the desserts looked pretty tasty.

Yes, ordering a sushi entree was probably not a wise choice for me. Next time I will know better...hopefully. :laughing:

I love reading your trip report! My husband and I are going in December on our belated honeymoon. He's never been to Disney World and I have only been there once as a very young child, so your restaurant reviews and photos are so helpful since I have ADRs at some of the same places.

What kind of camera do you use? Your food pictures look so good. The only problem is it is making me hungry looking at all of these photos :rotfl2:

I'm so glad you are enjoying my report. Regarding my camera, it is a Sony NEX-6 mirrorless digital.

Oh, and I hope your honeymoon trip is wonderful. December is a really great time to visit WDW. The parks and resorts are so beautifully decorated for the holidays.

California Grill looks like it is looking up as of late :thumbsup2
I love sushi so your entree looks amazing to me. The flatbread and the tiny desserts look good too!
The view is the icing on the cake!

While the sushi roll wasn't my thing, I really enjoyed the flatbread and creme brulee. :thumbsup2

We've eaten at California Grill our last two trips, which were last September 2014 & this past March, and had great meals there, but for this upcoming trip we're giving Narcoossees a shot. Haven't been there since 2002, when we celebrated our son's 21st birthday! :faint: Yikes, how time flies!

A few years ago I would have never considered replacing California Grill with Narcoossee's but after my last two great dinners there I would probably go with Narcoossee's if I could only choose one. I hope your dinner there is awesome! :goodvibes

My kids allowed me to schedule just one more breakfast on this trip. Since I have two favorite breakfast places at Disney World, Kona Cafe (because I love their Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes) and the Grand Floridian Cafe (because I also love their French Toast), this was a pretty tough decision. :worried:

But after much consideration, I finally chose for us to head to the Grand Floridian Resort for breakfast at the lovely...

Where every table holds a beautiful red rose...

Let's begin here by looking at their breakfast menu...

However, there was no need for me to look at the menu before ordering. I of course chose the...

Vanilla-Laced French Toast - Brioche Bread dipped in their vanilla-flavored batter

This was served with your choice of bacon, sausage, or ham. Unfortunately this time the French toast wasn't quite up to par. Parts of mine were slightly under cooked, so I was forced to rate it only a 4 this time instead of its usual 5 rating of perfection. :sad1:

And we broke our rule here of ordering different entrees, as Andrew and Emily also really wanted the French Toast. Andrew had his with bacon too but Emily went with ham plus ordered a side of scrambled eggs...

Like me, they rated the French Toast a 4.

As for Allison, she again ordered the winning entree of the meal...

Lobster Hash - Two Poached Eggs, Lobster Hash, Asparagus, and Hollandaise Sauce

According to Allison, her poached eggs were overcooked at both Be our Guest and Raglan Road. But the third time was the charm, as she said these were perfect. She really enjoyed her entree and gave it a rating of 5.

After our breakfast, we walked outside to enjoy the resort's beautiful grounds for a bit. Andrew took this kind of "artsy" photo of his sister... ;)

Next up: My nephew's breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table

Last edited:
Looks like a great meal! Another place I haven't eaten. In January we are going to 1900 park fare maybe some of the offerings will be similar. That French toast looks fantastic. That is a really good "artsy" photo.

That lobster hash looks like a plate I need to try on a futile trip!! Beautiful artsy photo :)

She liked this, especially the reverse root beer float (which was house made cream soda and root beer ice cream). Overall she rated the sampler dessert a 4, but the float got a 5. :thumbsup2
That root beer float does look good. It has always been one of my favorite beverages.

A few years ago I would have never considered replacing California Grill with Narcoossee's but after my last two great dinners there I would probably go with Narcoossee's if I could only choose one. I hope your dinner there is awesome! :goodvibes
The menu at Narcosse's seems to have more things that I would like than California Grill's menu.

This was served with your choice of bacon, sausage, or ham. Unfortunately this time the French toast wasn't quite up to par. Parts of mine were slightly under cooked, so I was forced to rate it only a 4 this time instead of its usual 5 rating of perfection. :sad1:
That's too bad that it wasn't cooked properly, especially when you were looking forward to it. I used to love French toast but it had to be cooked right, not soggy or under cooked.

My niece and I have breakfast plans at the Grand Floridian and I was leaning towards the French toast. But the lobster hash looks pretty darn good! Tough decisions to be making so early in the day!

Oh my goodness... the lobster hash looks amazing! Wow. Sorry your french toast was just a 4 - looks like I will have to try both at some point. Kona Cafe and macadamia nut pineapple pancakes are on my list for our trip in November. ;)

I canceled our Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast because I was trying to cut back on our out of pocket meals. :( I couldn't eat lobster but dh would love that meal!

That lobster hash did look like the winner! I hate when French Toast is not cooked properly. I do have to say that ham looked good too, I may have to make some grilled ham tonight :rotfl2:
I love artsy photos and your son did a great job! Your daughter looks like a star! :goodvibes

Another great meal at California grill. Your drinks look divine. Glad your flatbread turned out well. I had the same one in February and liked the flavors, the crust just wasn't crispy. Glad they got it right for you all. And CG sushi. Yum. Finally got to try it on our last trip and loved it, though I'd have to agree the one you ordered was rather bland.

We also got to try GFC for breakfast last time and I knew there was something you loved there, just couldn't remember what. Sadly that means I missed the french toast and I'm now totally kicking myself for not ordering the french toast or the lobster hash. Both look delicious.

Looks like a great meal! Another place I haven't eaten. In January we are going to 1900 park fare maybe some of the offerings will be similar. That French toast looks fantastic. That is a really good "artsy" photo.

I haven't been to 1900 Park Fare since 2002 so I'm of no help there but since the two restaurants are right next to each other they very well might share the same kitchen. :confused3

That lobster hash looks like a plate I need to try on a futile trip!! Beautiful artsy photo :)

Hi Lori! You are probably at Disney World by now. Have a great trip!

Andrew took a really beautiful photo of his sister. :thumbsup2

Thanks, I'll pass on your comment to him. :goodvibes

That root beer float does look good. It has always been one of my favorite beverages.

The menu at Narcosse's seems to have more things that I would like than California Grill's menu.

That's too bad that it wasn't cooked properly, especially when you were looking forward to it. I used to love French toast but it had to be cooked right, not soggy or under cooked.

Yes, I was pretty disappointed about the French toast. It's usually perfect. :worried:

My niece and I have breakfast plans at the Grand Floridian and I was leaning towards the French toast. But the lobster hash looks pretty darn good! Tough decisions to be making so early in the day!

Maybe one of you could get the French toast and the other the lobster hash and then share both. :laughing:

Oh my goodness... the lobster hash looks amazing! Wow. Sorry your french toast was just a 4 - looks like I will have to try both at some point. Kona Cafe and macadamia nut pineapple pancakes are on my list for our trip in November. ;)

Ahhh, those pancakes are heavenly! Both them and the GFC french toast usually score a 5 from me. :thumbsup2

I canceled our Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast because I was trying to cut back on our out of pocket meals. :( I couldn't eat lobster but dh would love that meal!

Well, you know what they say...it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind. ;)

That lobster hash did look like the winner! I hate when French Toast is not cooked properly. I do have to say that ham looked good too, I may have to make some grilled ham tonight :rotfl2:
I love artsy photos and your son did a great job! Your daughter looks like a star! :goodvibes

Yes, that made twice in a row that Allison chose the winning entree. I'll have to look at my notes to see if the trend continues. ;)

Another great meal at California grill. Your drinks look divine. Glad your flatbread turned out well. I had the same one in February and liked the flavors, the crust just wasn't crispy. Glad they got it right for you all. And CG sushi. Yum. Finally got to try it on our last trip and loved it, though I'd have to agree the one you ordered was rather bland.

We also got to try GFC for breakfast last time and I knew there was something you loved there, just couldn't remember what. Sadly that means I missed the french toast and I'm now totally kicking myself for not ordering the french toast or the lobster hash. Both look delicious.

I had the soggy crust problem the last time I had a flatbread at California Grill. I blamed it on the massive amount of very wet lettuce on my BLT flatbread. Other than the ends, the rest of it was pretty much inedible for me.

My nephew and his wife had breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table during their July trip. Here is what they had, starting with a plate of assorted pastries...

His Comments: These were your typical breakfast pastries, nothing special. DW enjoyed the Mickey blueberry muffins, as they were soft and moist.

Then for her entree, his wife chose the...

Caramel Apple Stuffed French Toast - Decadent French Toast with sweet Cream Cheese, baked with Caramel Apples, and drizzled with a Calvados Caramel Sauce

While my nephew went with...

Poached Lobster and Shrimp with Tillamook Cheese Grits, Poached Egg, crispy Andouille, and spicy Tomato-Basil Marmalade

His Comments: We thought this breakfast was highly overrated foodwise. $48 for one shrimp, three tiny pieces of sausage, a cup of grits, and a 1/2 teaspoon of lobster. You are paying for the experience and the ambiance. Definitely not worthy of its signature status and 2 credits each when on the Dining Plan.

Next up: Our Lunch at The Plaza

I am an eggs benedict lover and would have gotten that at GF!! however your daughters lobster plate looked good. I am not a French toast or pancake fan , don't like sweet pancakes or French toast ( a British thing I guess ) Okay I put SALT on my pancakes :rolleyes1:sad2::cloud9:

Not surprised on their review of Royal table. I've never eaten there but I have heard its overrated many times and I wouldn't use two credits for it.

I enjoyed our Dec 2012 breakfast at CRT....very much so, in fact. But I'm pretty sure it was only 1 TS credit then? Or am I making that up? I had the steak and eggs and the steak was quite good (shocker). Dh had some kind of seafood egg dish and he said it was just okay. We also had the chocolate glass slipper special dessert for my birthday along with sparkling cider....and we kept the champagne flutes with it. Maybe THAT is why I remember the meal being so fun?

Gorgeous artsy pic:sunny:
The Grand Floridian cafe, I've planned two brekkies for our next trip, one for the Lobster hash and one for the Vanilla-laced french toast ;)

I am an eggs benedict lover and would have gotten that at GF!! however your daughters lobster plate looked good. I am not a French toast or pancake fan , don't like sweet pancakes or French toast ( a British thing I guess ) Okay I put SALT on my pancakes :rolleyes1:sad2::cloud9:

Well, that's one way of combining sweet and savory for breakfast. :laughing: But actually with salted caramel being so popular now, I wouldn't be surprised to see salted caramel pancakes show up on the breakfast menu somewhere. So you have the same idea, just minus the caramel. ;)

Not surprised on their review of Royal table. I've never eaten there but I have heard its overrated many times and I wouldn't use two credits for it.

Yes, I think breakfast there is an especially bad use of two dining credits. But they were first-timers to WDW and the dining plan so they were bound to make a few mistakes. ;)

I enjoyed our Dec 2012 breakfast at CRT....very much so, in fact. But I'm pretty sure it was only 1 TS credit then? Or am I making that up? I had the steak and eggs and the steak was quite good (shocker). Dh had some kind of seafood egg dish and he said it was just okay. We also had the chocolate glass slipper special dessert for my birthday along with sparkling cider....and we kept the champagne flutes with it. Maybe THAT is why I remember the meal being so fun?

Not sure about the one credit vs. two. I actually have not been to CRT since 2010 and I'm pretty sure we paid OOP for breakfast even though we were on the Deluxe Dining Plan. So apparently I thought our one credit (or two) was better used elsewhere even then. :confused3

Gorgeous artsy pic:sunny:
The Grand Floridian cafe, I've planned two brekkies for our next trip, one for the Lobster hash and one for the Vanilla-laced french toast ;)

Sounds like a good plan! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter