You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feedback should be left (by both seller and buyer) when the transaction is complete. The transaction is not complete until the buyer has at least notified the seller that the item has been received and everything is a-okay.

Originally posted by disneychrista
Feedback should be left (by both seller and buyer) when the transaction is complete. The transaction is not complete until the buyer has at least notified the seller that the item has been received and everything is a-okay.

I respectfully disagree.

Originally posted by beattyfamily
I respectfully disagree.
The first time you get burned by a buyer AFTER you have left feedback, you may change your mind.

I used to leave feedback as soon as I got payment, but when a couple of my buyers caused trouble (claiming itmes were missing or not as represented, took too long to arrive etc) I changed to leave it when I am notified that the item has been received. I do not require that they leave feedback.

And since ebay's feedback system is voluntary, no one is required to leave feedback at all, which some buyers & sellers do (or i guess don't do?).

I believe that is eBays recommendation to leave it after the transaction is complete - not anything we made up.

I do not require the buyer to leave me feedback either, but I do request that they contact me and let me know that it has arrived. Once they do, if they have not left feedback, I do request that they leave feedback at their convenience & if they have any questions on how to leave feedback I will be happy to help them out. I had 3 people at Xmas time ask me to please explain to them how to do it and then sent nice thank you notes back saying they appreciated how helpful and patient I was with them, etc. So this method seems to work very well for me.

I was burned a month or so ago. I went to extra effort to ship something APO when I stated I would not ship unless in US. I had never done it before so it did require research etc on my part. I expected it to take awhile to get there and yet about a week later I get negative feedback on the item. (I didn't feed it could have even made it by then but it supposedly did.) Now I would have been happy to work with this buyer (even though I still didn't know what they were upset about) but they never contacted me (yet they contacted me continually about shipping to Germany at the end of the auction!!!). Would not even respond to my request (very politely worded) about what the problem was and could we work something out. I sent a 2nd request for problem info about 3 weeks later and got an irate email that I was harrassing them & they were going to report me to eBay and I should just get a life - supposedly the antique glasses were soddered (sp?) horribly. Funny thing - I had checked these over and I don't remember them being soddered at all!!! I checked the screws etc to make sure nothing was missing - I would have thought I would have noticed it. They also left another negative for someone else the same night so I really don't think anything would make them happy. I still wonder if since it was APO, it might have been inspected and something happened then. I did reply and say thank you for the info, explain my view of them and added, that is really was too bad they didn't contact me as I would have refunded the cash and let them keep the glasses so they would have been out nothing! (which is true!!!).

Regardless - you did not ask me to chat and chat - I just needed a grumble session tonite!!!:p

I used to leave feedback uon receipt of payment, thinking my end of the transaction was complete when I shipped the item. That was, until I shipped something that arrived broken. Fortunately, I refunded a portion of the sale and the buyer still left me +FB. I've since changed to waiting to leave feedback until I've been left FB by the buyer. Waiting for the buyer to respond lets me know that the item arrived and the buyer is satisfied with the purchase. I usually send a personal email upon receipt of payment, advising them of my intent to ship and to confirm address (esp. if payment is through the mail).

There are some buyers who wait for the seller to initiate FB. I've had a few who have not left FB until I have for them. If a buyer hasn't left FB in a few weeks after receipt of the item, and I've communicated with email that the item arrived and is what was expected, I will post FB for them. They've always responded back with a mutual positive. I've been fortunate so far........just earned my turquoise star.:D

I will only give you feedback from a seller perspective. Like others, we used to wait until payment and then give a positive.

Lately though (past month of so) we have been waiting for them to either a) leave feedback or b) get an email stating that the item was operational

Well, regardless of your reasons, which are fine for you, I disagree.

As we've already established you can get screwed with feedback as the buyer and the seller. I've experienced both.

I still believe that as a buyer, my responsibilty in the transaction is complete when I make payment, NOT when I leave the seller positive feedback.

I already gave an example of how you can get screwed with feedback as a buyer; when the seller holds off on their feedback for you to wait and see what you say first. Feedback should never be used this way; as a revenge tool.

It's unfortunate that buyers and sellers can't do the right thing all the time in regards to feedback.

fyi...just last night I bought something and got positive feedback right away for my instant payment. So I guess I'm not the only one who feels this way...

Hi Everyone,

We had to rebuild our computer the last couple of days and I re-installed the shipping assistant software. I am trying to get a label for an item I need to ship today and I am getting the following message when I hit display label...."There is a problem trying to use the image display module. Use an external image viewer application to view the labels. I have adobe installed but it is not opening it up to view and print the label.

Any idea what I should do?

Martha

I had this same problem - what I had to do was uninstall my Adobe 6 and install the Adobe 5 - apparently there is something incompatible with the two. I had emailed technical support and that was what they told me to do! HTH! :D

I used to give feedback as soon as I had received payment. Then I realized that the buyer's part does not end when payment is made. It ends when they have decided that what I shipped them is what they wanted. If they get the item and then change their mind and leave negative because I won't take a return, then I don't feel like they deserve a positive. If the item is lost and they didn't purchase insurance, it's not my fault. I think that if I have already left feedback, it gives that person more motivation to leave a negative.

I used to work in a clothing store. You'd think the best customers were those that bought 100's of dollars worth of clothing. Some of them were. But some of those were also our worst. They would return stuff after they had been worn. They are dishonest, they nag, etc. Not a great customer, and had they been on ebay, they'd deserve a negative.

When I do an auction, I ship stuff out and tell the person I will leave feedback as soon as I know that they have received the item. Most people do this by leaving feedback.

Originally posted by katerkat
Hey, if anyone sells something wholesale, would you mind PMing me some details about it? I know a product that isn't on eBay and every time I've sold one I've made a decent profit, so I was thinking about actually getting a contract with the company. But their website wants my wholesaler's number and info first, which of course I don't have. How hard is it to get a wholesale license, is it worth it, etc, etc...?

Check with your state's Department of Revenue as you will have to get a sales tax ID #, or in Arizona they call it a Transaction Privelege (sp) Tax. Don't make the mistake I did though - I sent my application through the mail in January and I am still waiting. I have since come to find out if I went in personally to get it, I would have walked out with it that same day!

It only cost me $14, then once it comes I will also have to apply for a business license which I think is only $12.

Tracey in AZ

I think ebay needs to change the way feedback is left for others. I know it is programmed to know whether you are the buyer or seller in the transaction, but they should expand the form so you can respond in regards to
  • communication
  • payment received
  • timely shipping
  • received as stated
  • etc.

Rate those 5 points (or any number) on a scale of 1-5 and then average them for individual feedback rating.

Having just one line and only 3 options is necesarily expressing all aspects of the transaction.

Originally posted by strasfamily
Check with your state's Department of Revenue as you will have to get a sales tax ID #, or in Arizona they call it a Transaction Privelege (sp) Tax.

So it's state-by-state? Crud, I'm moving to OK for four months and then to Washington - doesn't make much sense to get an OK license for that amount of time! I guess I'll see if I can get the prices by calling the shop, then make a decision in Washington. I already figured I only need to sell 18 items a month to break even with an eBay storefront.

Originally posted by rgionet
I had this same problem - what I had to do was uninstall my Adobe 6 and install the Adobe 5 - apparently there is something incompatible with the two. I had emailed technical support and that was what they told me to do! HTH! :D

That fixed it...thank you so much.

When I first used the shipping assistant, the only way I could get it to work was by opening Adobe prior to clicking the print button. Somehow it has rectified itself, but that's what I used to have to do.

Best of luck.

Re: Feedback

I think the true test of a great e-bayer is how they handle a transaction when there are problems: ie, item may not be as described, shipping problems, etc.

Say I sell an item and receive immediate payment - if I leave a positive right then - what if the buyer is unhappy with the item, or it arrives broken, or never shows up at all?

I have had to go through the USPS claims process twice in my e-baying. (Iwas actually the buyer in both instances - thank heavens everything I've sold has made it to the buyers and they have been happy - but I digress)

Once was a smooth, easy process and the seller and I worked together very well.
The other time was a nightmare with unfounded allegations and threatening e-mails from the other party.

If I had been the seller and had already left feedback and then had things turn ugly, I would have no way to let other e-bayers know what kind of person they were dealing with.

As a seller, I appreciate quick payment and always mention that in my feedback - but I do not leave that feedback until I know you have received the item and you are happy with it.

Originally posted by cats mom
Re: Feedback

Say I sell an item and receive immediate payment - if I leave a positive right then - what if the buyer is unhappy with the item, or it arrives broken, or never shows up at all?

If I had been the seller and had already left feedback and then had things turn ugly, I would have no way to let other e-bayers know what kind of person they were dealing with.

As a seller, I appreciate quick payment and always mention that in my feedback - but I do not leave that feedback until I know you have received the item and you are happy with it.

There is a feature in Feedback for you to reply to a neutral or negative feedback left for you and that is your 'other way' to let the e-bayers know what kind of person they're dealing with.

So you have to wait and see what kind of feedback the buyer leaves you before you'll leave feedback for them? I see.

There are many sellers who use the Feedback at ebay as a tool for revenge if they don't get the feedback they want from the buyer even if the feedback the buyer left was warranted. That is the part that isn't fair and that bugs me!

Right - so if they leave me a neutral or negative - I can respond and that shows up on MY feedback - but there is no way to leave anything on THEIR feedback page if I have already left the positive for quick payment. Thats where people are going to go to see whether or not to deal with them. The payment portion of the transaction may have been just fine - but that is not the transaction as a whole.

It's not that I'm waiting to see what they leave first. If they e-mail me and let me know they received the item and all is well, I have no problem leaving them a positive, whether or not they leave me feedback!

This is not the debate board. Everyone has stated their opinion and if it is "respectfully disagreed" why all the rhetoric?

Obviously, beattyfamily you have strong feelings about this, as a seller so do I. My feedback affects my wallet, so I protect it. I've found this is the only way to do it.

Transaction over, feedback left. This is eBay's suggestion, and I think it makes good sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter