You guys have gotta get this!!!!

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
:worship:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

It is the newest program for Spyware! I downloaded it and ran it last night...since I run adaware & spybot it did not find much only 6 programs but they were REAL BADDIES! Now my computer is running like a dream! :cheer2:

only bad thing is it is a beta version so download at your own risk...but so far I have seen no problems.

I will add it to the Remove thread when I get back we have to go to a Birthday party....

Mal

I know what you mean Mal. I absolutely love this program! This morning I had a Trojan downloader program dectected and it automatically took care of it. :worship:

you don't do anything but download and everything else is taken care of for you! My kind of program!

Mal

Waahhh, its only good on Win XP, 2000, and server. :( I am running Me at home.

Thanks Mal! I downloaded and ran it last night. It found a couple of things and I had just ran Ad-Aware over the weekend - Sunday maybe.

I wonder what the guys over on the SpywareInfo Board think about this program?

And how did you ever find it???

:)

Mal, thanks! I ran it and surprise, it found 3 spywares. And I just ran CWShredder and Spy Subtract this morning before I did the MSN. I set it up to run weekly, I hope it keeps them at bay. 2 weeks ago I went to Creations Rewards and got infected with something that made my screen look like pop up heaven. I had nothing before that and it happened immediatly when I went to CR. I am not saying they did it, but the only way I could get rid of all the crap was to rebuild my entire system. Nothing worked to remove it all.

Just out of curiosity, with what you got at CR, was it changing your IP address? I've had the same IP addy for 5 years now and all of a sudden, it's changing daily. This tells me its spyware, but nothing is catching it. I can't run this program as it's for XP.

bcorso said:
Just out of curiosity, with what you got at CR, was it changing your IP address? I've had the same IP addy for 5 years now and all of a sudden, it's changing daily. This tells me its spyware, but nothing is catching it. I can't run this program as it's for XP.
No, it just opened up tons of pop up windows and search pages. I never had it happen before that day.

amidchoas and Dan made reference to it in a thread on the Comm board, I had heard of it but had not downloaded it. That thread reminded me so I went and downloaded it and loved it so much I had to share.

Mal

Maleficent2 said:
I don't think I noticed befor congratulations on your upcoming event!!!!!

Mal

Thank you, Mal! It was quite a surprise after 3 years, we had given up on having another one. Then the one week where we were so busy with the fair, it only took that split second in time. :crazy:

Bonnie, I did go to your site again today. I was told that Iwas being redirected, and a few moments later I was there, at CR. And no pop up hell, MSN didn't tell me there was anything amiss, so it was probably just a coincidence that my macine got coruppted at the moment I was at your site.

And congrats on the baby. I love babies. I love to hold them and snuggle them. You are lucky!

:worship: Thanks Mal!

Since the time that you helped with my bug problems I've been a wee bit more diligent about being careful - not perfect mind you but I'm trying.

I ran this and I had 11 cooties! :badpc: However, it's easy to run and understand so I was able to clean it up real quick.

I won't say my computer runs like a dream - I'm on dial-up :sad: . At least it runs less like a nightmare now. :banana:

Thanks for keeping an eye out for us!! :cheer2:

if you have Disney Magical Gatherings Software installed on your computer Advert bar was hiding in it on mine. Everytime I ran a scan it showed up. I went looking for it and found it in magical gathering which I had downloaded from Disney.com, now I do not know if Disney put it there to spy or if it just imbedded itself there, but once I removed this from my computer. NO MORE advert bar!

Mal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!