You got a cold, what is your go to medicine ?

Nothing. If I get a cold and do nothing, I am sick for a week to 10 days. If I take anything, I am less sick, but for 2 to 3 weeks.

DayQuil, but I try to tough it out. Decongestants make me feel terrible after a few doses and really mess with my ability to rest. I will take Advil or Tylenol as often as needed for the headache/fever/sore throat though.

NyQuil at night so I can sleep well. Generally nothing but maybe Tylenol if needed, rest and liquids during the day.

Haven't had one in some time, I believe that last thing I took was Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus.

Usually the cold medicine you have to ask for at the pharmacy...behind the counter. The one that contains pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen. Also have to show your Identification because there is a limit in how much you can buy. It is the only thing that works for me.

For a just a mild cold I don't take anything. If it is a "severe" cold I take the good stuff behind the counter at the pharmacy, usually Advil Cold & Sinus. I also will also take Mucinex to help prevent it from settling in my chest for 6 months. For this reason I run a humidifier, one in the living room and another in the bedroom, from the second I turn on the heater until after I switch to the AC.

Usually the cold medicine you have to ask for at the pharmacy...behind the counter. The one that contains pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen. Also have to show your Identification because there is a limit in how much you can buy. It is the only thing that works for me.

I will remember this, what does he tell you ?

And you go into a data base so you can't pharmacy hop to get your meth making supplies.

Starbucks "Cold-buster" - it's really amazing! In fact a few winters ago I was non-stop sick so I looked up how to make it at home and lived on it.

As for meds, Aleve is my go-to pain med and Mucinex is for colds, etc. If I need something to make me sleepy to get good solid sleep I'll take a Melatonin.

Daytimes- AlkaSeltzer Plus for colds and flu. I don't know that it really makes a difference, but it's cold and bubbly and makes me feel better, even if I'm not really better.
Nighttime- NyQuil. Knocks me out enough so that I can get some sleep.

Nothing's gonna cure a cold, but this combo makes me feel better!

Wal-Phed. It's Walgreen's brand. It's the only thing I can take that doesn't give me 'medicine head.' Even remedies meant for day make me feel lightheaded and groggy. This is the only one that works for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter